Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2020 5:27:00 PM EDT
Hello. My wife surprised me with a trip to Tennessee. Imagine our concern after the bombing. We still plan to go tomorrow. I am just curious about conditions there, especially Nashville. I understand there was a curfew in place for Covid before but did the mayor impose a 6pm curfew due to the bombing? Have the bars and tourist areas been open? We have ATT cellphones. Has service been interrupted? Rather than googling and sorting through the BS, I figured I’d ask y’all.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 6:38:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the response I’ll look into those news outlets
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 10:57:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Postpone your trip if at all possible. While there is indeed plenty to see & do in Nashville other than the damaged area, it is a very popular section of town for live music & restaurants.

The asshole mayor was/is hellbent on killing the tourist area, which explains his curfew. Give it six months or so & it'll be a lot better to visit, IMO.

Personally, *I* wouldn't visit Memphis for pleasure if my life depended on it. YMMV.

If you're any sorts of interested in Civil War battlefields, there's a shitload of them in TN. Squeeze in a trip to Chattanooga instead of Memphis if at all possible.

My .o2
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're any sorts of interested in Civil War battlefields, there's a shitload of them in TN. Squeeze in a trip to Chattanooga instead of Memphis if at all possible.
View Quote

OP, I've never visited but I've driven through Chattanooga a couple times driving to/from Atlanta. Chattanooga area is gorgeous in the fall.
Nashville is uptight with the mask mandates. Visiting Broadway (if you're into Honkey Tonkin') isn't as good because of covid-limited seating.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top