Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2022 10:08:01 AM EDT
With property prices the way they are we are staying at our homestead. We want to do home solar. Not sure where to start.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:03:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I just attended a seminar by a guy who owns Matt Nueman

My take away was he got out of Residential and only does commercial and business as the payback vs. the return is low.

Plus WI sucks for Solar as were not that sunny of a state and you need batteries to store the power.
Check him out.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:37:50 AM EDT
[#2]
When I was working out in the desert I talked with the people installing the huge solar farms in SoCal.
They told me that Wisconsin is the 3 rd worst state for solar,  but is the 6 th best for wind .
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:56:26 PM EDT
[#3]
up in Plymouth there is Arch Electric.

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 11:54:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I do IT work for SunPower and have access to a family and friends $2,000 VISA Reward Card rebate when you purchase, finance, or lease a solar system. I'm not in sales so don't make any money off this.  SunPower's claim to fame are the best panels on the market and best customer service but that comes with a slightly higher price.  Send me an email if interested.  
http://www.ilovesunpower.com/
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 3:51:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Im studying this also. Not so much for the GREEN aspect, but more for the energy independence.
I cant see power getting cheaper from WE energies, and solar equipment seems to have dropped a bit since I looked 20 years ago.

Seeing as Wi only gets 4.2 peak sun hours it will take more panels than a system in a sunnier state. Might need a bigger battery bank also.

There is a federal 26% tax rebate good for this year, goes to 22% next year.

https://www.youtube.com/c/WillProwse seems to be a good channel to learn the details of DIY solar.

@WIDeerHunter, that's a sweet deal. Will check them out.

Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#6]
What about wind? It blows all the fucking time here. I guess that is why there are wind farms all over.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top