Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2020 6:33:13 PM EDT
So we went to Mass this morning.  Wanted to show the kids that our religion is an essential business in our family.  Also we went for those that could not go to Mass ever again.  Yes, I know, the bishops shut things down, not the government.  That chaps my ass still.  
The priest and deacons had masks on when they started, but took them off as they were saying Mass.  We have been watching on Sundays and they never wore masks going to the alter, on it, or leaving it.  We are required to wear masks into the Church.  I know it does next to nothing really, but to be honest I'll do it.  

Priest was talking about how wearing a mask was showing obedience to the Church (wanted to take the mask off at that point).  For Communion he wore a mask.

Side note, Scientific studies show that if anyone else makes a different decision than you about wearing masks, they are sheep.  

How are other religions handling it in your church?  Just glad we didn't do the drive in route!
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:00:37 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds like it is time to hold conversations with the church leadership to me
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:58:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How are other religions handling it in your church?
View Quote

Services resumed in person at the beginning of May. Other than no coffee before and no meal after, it's normal. I only saw one person out of about 50 wear a mask.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:35:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
sounds like it is time to hold conversations with the church leadership to me
View Quote

What's this world coming to when the advice of a lounge lizard is sound!?!  

I have, on the parish council. But when the rest are older members majority rules (well unless the Priest lays down the law).

I could make a stand and not wear one, but won't. It's too important for my kids and myself to get back to church. Televangelist wasn't cutting it for my family.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top