Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2020 8:22:23 PM EDT
New Jersey police arrested 25-year-old Roosevelt Twyne for “illegally” carrying a firearm and possessing so-called “hollow point ammunition.”

The Washington Free Beacon spoke to Twyne’s attorney, Evan Nappen, who said Twyne is a security guard with a permit to carry a gun.

This was from Breitbart news. Sorry, copy & paste on an iPad for somethings is not my strongest suit.

Colion Noir also has a YouTube on it.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 8:42:23 AM EDT
[#1]
NJ is seriously screwed up when it comes to our 2A Rights!

And some here actually though we could possibly get CCW in this State LOL!!  As I have been saying for the last 25 years it's never going to happen!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Not with that attitude
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not with that attitude
View Quote
Its not an attitude ITS A FACT!..Lugerman is spot on with this... NJ is getting more and more liberal each and every day... hence why I MOVED OUT!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 12:23:15 PM EDT
[#4]
The majority of the Gestapo in Nazi Germany came from the ranks of the regular police. You're starting to see more and more of the same type of people in NJ departments now. "Protect and Serve" has been replaced as a philosophy by "Dominate and Control". At some point, this will have to be dealt with by whatever means necessary.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 5:38:15 PM EDT
[#5]
The local cops are screwed up in this case, they don't know the law, they're arrogant and are never wrong. Mr. Nappen will win for this guy
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 6:40:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The local cops are screwed up in this case, they don't know the law, they're arrogant and are never wrong. Mr. Nappen will win for this guy
View Quote
With all due respect, I thought ignorance of the law is no excuse. I have read that numerous times yet in this case will that be used as an excuse? Just asking for a friend.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
With all due respect, I thought ignorance of the law is no excuse. I have read that numerous times yet in this case will that be used as an excuse? Just asking for a friend.

Maxwell
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maxwell
You are correct, no excuse for ignorance, perhaps they just dont care about the law is what I should have posted, correcting myself for a friend.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Maxwell
View Quote

I'm not sure if that's a fair statement to make, in reference to the LEO's actions. Perhaps the law itself is not clear enough, which leads to enforcement actions that draw ire from the public.

I noticed that 2c-39-3(f)(1) references "hollow nose" and "dum-dum" bullets. Is there any caselaw history in NJ about what constitutes a "dum-dum" bullet for the purposes of that statute?

In common use, the term dum-dum bullet is sometimes used as a stand-in reference for expanding bullets, generally. Historically the term is a reference to certain projectiles originally made at the Dum Dum arsenal and other military supliers, after initial difficulties with the .303 service round. The first such projectiles included jacketed soft point designs, and later included hollow point variations. (see https://sites.google.com/site/britmilammo/-303-inch/ball-page-2)
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:56:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm not sure if that's a fair statement to make, in reference to the LEO's actions. Perhaps the law itself is not clear enough, which leads to enforcement actions that draw ire from the public.

I noticed that 2c-39-3(f)(1) references "hollow nose" and "dum-dum" bullets. Is there any caselaw history in NJ about what constitutes a "dum-dum" bullet for the purposes of that statute?
View Quote

How about a statement straight from the NJSP Firearms Unit?

Q: I’m not a police officer, are hollow points legal for me to possess?
A:  Yes.  They are legal for purchase and possess in your home or on land owned by you.  They are legal to possess and use at a gun range.  They are also legal to possess while traveling to and from such places. Ammunition lacking a hollow cavity at the tip, such as those with a polymer filling, are not considered to be hollow point ammunition.  An example of this can be seen with the Hornady Critical Defense / Critical Duty, Cor-Bon PowRball / Glaser Safety Slug and Nosler Inc. Defense ammunition.

They spell out, in detail, that the EXACT ammo the guy was in possession of (Hdy Critical Defense) is not considered hollow point, and therefore legal to possess anywhere.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:47:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How about a statement straight from the NJSP Firearms Unit?

Q: I’m not a police officer, are hollow points legal for me to possess?
A:  Yes.  They are legal for purchase and possess in your home or on land owned by you.  They are legal to possess and use at a gun range.  They are also legal to possess while traveling to and from such places. Ammunition lacking a hollow cavity at the tip, such as those with a polymer filling, are not considered to be hollow point ammunition.  An example of this can be seen with the Hornady Critical Defense / Critical Duty, Cor-Bon PowRball / Glaser Safety Slug and Nosler Inc. Defense ammunition.

They spell out, in detail, that the EXACT ammo the guy was in possession of (Hdy Critical Defense) is not considered hollow point, and therefore legal to possess anywhere.
View Quote

The only problem is that interpretation totally disregards the separate reference to " dum-dum" bullets in the statutory text.

The FAQ addresses what doesn't constitute a hollow point. It does not address what does or does not constitute a "dum-dum" bullet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top