Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2020 1:00:49 PM EDT
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/12/11/polymer80-kits/?fbclid=IwAR1_PoRlmGHMnmiFDAnNT0UhJ1wFoeDgkhZoqIlcGkUTkxLhEq3fu5vtOcw
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#1]
"The Polymer80 kit known as the Buy Build Shoot kit comes with all the parts, tools and jigs needed to build a working firearm."

Emphasis added by me.

Those that bought lowers only, cash, face-to-face are still ghosts in to the machine.

Learn the way of the gray (man).

Link Posted: 12/12/2020 11:00:32 PM EDT
[#2]
There's a couple of threads in GD about this.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/ATF-seizing-P80-kits-from-buyers-/5-2401363/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/BREAKING-ATF-RAIDS-P80-IN-NEVADA/5-2401008/

it sounds like the issues are with the buy, build, shoot kits.  Where everything is that is needed is sold as a complete kit. Though granted there isn't a lot of information.  Right now it sounds like its a wait an see situation, to see what happens next.

eta: i'm not sure what's going on.  I'm seeing companies sell the frames and jigs separately now.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 9:45:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm curious if others agree.  My understanding (he'll I've argued here before) is that polymer 80 is legal in Washington.  What's everyone else's thoughts?

This Website argues they're banned as undetectable , but my understanding of WA is that a firearm has to be able to fire a projectile.   Thus  if it had a metal slide its not undetectable
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I knew this was going to happen sooner, rather than later. It was to obvious, like how if you have a AR and M16 trigger parts, even though they don’t just drop in, there mere possession is considered intent and you will be charged for a unlicensed machinegun. I also see this happening sooner than later on pistol stocks, circumventing the NFA on SBR’s.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 9:50:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm curious if others agree.  My understanding (he'll I've argued here before) is that polymer 80 is legal in Washington.  What's everyone else's thoughts?

This Website argues they're banned as undetectable , but my understanding of WA is that a firearm has to be able to fire a projectile.   Thus  if it had a metal slide its not undetectable
View Quote

I agree, but the AG won’t clarify the law in his effort to stop firearms they can’t register through the DOL.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 10:35:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I agree, but the AG won’t clarify the law in his effort to stop firearms they can’t register through the DOL.
View Quote

Of course he won't .
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Has the written request come from someone he shall answer?

IIRC the AG has to give an official opinion when asked for one from a legislator, CLEO, Mayor, ???  I think their are a few other shall answer too
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 10:14:55 PM EDT
[#8]
You'd have to find a "designated official" that could ask.

AG opinions
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 1:38:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Local bimart has three complete factory P80s for sale, $469.00. I didnt know they'd entered the  actual firearm market.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You'd have to find a "designated official" that could ask.

AG opinions
View Quote

From the AG website

Who is entitled to request an Attorney General Opinion?

Members of the Washington State Legislature. So any registered voter, as per Washington State Constitution  ARTICLE I
DECLARATION OF RIGHTS SECTION 1 POLITICAL POWER. All political power is inherent in the people, and governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, and are established to protect and maintain individual rights.

Statewide elected officials.
   Appointed heads of state agencies, boards, or commissions.
   County prosecuting attorneys.

Who is not entitled to request an Attorney General Opinion?

Private citizens. I figure this is a non-registered voter
   Federal officers and employees.
   Officers and employees of county, municipal, and other local governments (except county prosecuting attorneys).
   State agency employees.

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I knew this was going to happen sooner, rather than later. It was to obvious, like how if you have a AR and M16 trigger parts, even though they don’t just drop in, there mere possession is considered intent and you will be charged for a unlicensed machinegun. I also see this happening sooner than later on pistol stocks, circumventing the NFA on SBR’s.
View Quote

No it is not intent.  The mere possession of certain machine gun parts is illegal , has nothing to do with intent.

Link Posted: 12/17/2020 8:09:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No it is not intent.  The mere possession of certain machine gun parts is illegal , has nothing to do with intent.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you not read what I posted? It IS intent, and you WILL be charged for a illegal unlicensed machinegun. ?????
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Local bimart has three complete factory P80s for sale, $469.00. I didnt know they'd entered the  actual firearm market.
View Quote

Buy cash
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#14]
https://blog.princelaw.com/2020/12/16/atf-to-institute-rulemaking-regarding-stabilizing-braces-and-require-registration-of-currently-owned-braces/amp/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top