Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2022 9:44:44 PM EDT
Son went to class and submitted his CCL application with fingerprints.

60 days in they said everthing was ok and going through background check yesterday.

Today said invalid training certificate. Looked and looked could not find anything wrong. Said sometthing about being signed by  instructor and applicant.

Finaly saw no middle initial in sons signature so added and resubmitted.

Little later went to double check the instructor code and it doesnt come up under his name or biz.

Look and see he was revoked.

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 10:11:20 PM EDT
[#1]
What is the name of the instructor?
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 10:34:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the name of the instructor?
View Quote

IM it to you. Not sure what he has done or not done. Not even sure when. He took the class  Oct 21

Didnt even think to look before submiting originaly.

He can take it in town next weekend so how o you change without waiting for a rejection.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 11:35:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Sent off an email with the application number and question on how to change.

He wasnt notified by email or text, just logged onto the isp site and noticed the rejection
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 8:09:46 AM EDT
[#4]
He should have a button on the account to remove the bad certificate and then upload the new one.

If not, let us know and maybe we can help.  

Also, please let us know the problemed instructor.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 8:42:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He should have a button on the account to remove the bad certificate and then upload the new one.

If not, let us know and maybe we can help.  

Also, please let us know the problemed instructor.

[email protected]
View Quote

This is the route I would go.  ^^^

I would also reach out to the revoked instructor and request an immediate refund.  If he gives you any static about a refund, I would keep good notes about what was said and file a complaint through the closest Illinois State Police district. With any luck a Trooper can meet you and take the initial report.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 12:03:17 PM EDT
[#6]
It was John Reif of Reif's Concealed and Carry
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 1:11:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Forgot to mention we  are both are basically in the same boat. I applied maybe 24 hours before he did. We both did prints.

He and I took the class together. I received 8 hrs credit for a 16 hour course I took for Florida Concealed Carry back in the 1993 I still had the certificate . NRA HANDGUN PERSONAL PROTECTION CCOURSE. No longer offered but basicaly the same as Inside and Outside the Home courses. Florida required 16 hours back then also

I just looked and Ironically the certificates are dated the same date 10/2/93 for Florida and 10/2/21for his

He received 8 for military.

We both got the same rejection saying invaled certificate. It also said something about both instructor and applicant had to sign.  We both signed without our middle initial. This was the only thing we could think of. Didn't say a word about the instructor being revoked. So we deleted the old one. Added our middles initials to the certificate rescanned and uploaded it again.

There was a button but they are no longer an option since we uploaded again.

I wrote an email explaing the circumstance and had him copy it. We put our application number in the subject.

I got an automated mail saying they recevied it. He sent me a text saying he did to.

I'm on my way to pick him up in Chicago so wont be on here for a while. At least till tonight

I looked and there is no way to remove the certificate. He looked on his last night and again no way to remove.

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 1:14:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Just wonder is there only so many chances or will it reject agian the we can upload aa new certificate ?
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#9]
From Valinda:

Actually, they can email the new training certificates to the ISP. as soon as they have them, email to:  [email protected]
Or fax to 217-782-9139

Include a cover letter with full legal name, date of birth, FOID card number, CCL application number, contact information, and the reason for submitting a new certificate.

Request a return response to acknowledge receipt of the new certificates.

Link Posted: 6/18/2022 12:08:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Swanhunter thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top