Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2018 1:55:53 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 3:29:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I slept through it. I had the alerts turned off.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a thread going on in the General sub forum on this very topic.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 3:16:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I have text off on my stupid phone and I'm wondering why I have the emergency text coming through.  I don't need it nor want it, I'm surrounded by people with smart phones.  Other than that I was very excited but soon figured it was some sort of hack since the sirens outdoors haven't gone off.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 2:50:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought some more batteries and actually put a lot of my emergency water in a backpack. Still need a little work on my trauma kit. This was enough for me to stop being lazy about it.

Wife did really well and happy how she stepped into action. Still trying to figure out if there is any actual shelter that would be worth the risk going to... nothing near me so I chose to stay in place.

This was a great shake up but I am better prepared now.

p.s This is why I try never to go under a half tank of gas in the car.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 6:32:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought some more batteries and actually put a lot of my emergency water in a backpack. Still need a little work on my trauma kit. This was enough for me to stop being lazy about it.

Wife did really well and happy how she stepped into action. Still trying to figure out if there is any actual shelter that would be worth the risk going to... nothing near me so I chose to stay in place.

This was a great shake up but I am better prepared now.

p.s This is why I try never to go under a half tank of gas in the car.
View Quote
Having your emergency kit put together is a good thing but where you gonna go? Traffic is gonna be snarled!
I was worried for the Ohana over there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top