Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2021 4:12:42 PM EDT
The local private range I have been using for a couple of years is shut down for now, so I wandered back over to my old stomping grounds, the Casa Gade Elzy Pearson memorial firing range. I figured, it's Monday, kinda dreary out, might be some room. Ohm, ye of little brain - that place was absolutely packed. No ammo shortage on these lines. My son and I wandered up and down the line from the parking lot and left, wasn't worth the effort. One thing I did notice - the cover over the benches on the 80 yard line was completely gone. Some idiots HD shot through it several times, so I don't know if it was wind or idiots, but a damn shame the city didn't replace it, probably didn't want to waste the money. I guess I will hoard what little I have left and sit tight waiting for the jerks to run dry.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 9:04:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The local private range I have been using for a couple of years is shut down for now, so I wandered back over to my old stomping grounds, the Casa Gade Elzy Pearson memorial firing range. I figured, it's Monday, kinda dreary out, might be some room. Ohm, ye of little brain - that place was absolutely packed. No ammo shortage on these lines. My son and I wandered up and down the line from the parking lot and left, wasn't worth the effort. One thing I did notice - the cover over the benches on the 80 yard line was completely gone. Some idiots HD shot through it several times, so I don't know if it was wind or idiots, but a damn shame the city didn't replace it, probably didn't want to waste the money. I guess I will hoard what little I have left and sit tight waiting for the jerks to run dry.
View Quote

You're gonna be waiting awhile if you're expecting them to run dry.  I think people are just seemingly ok with paying inflated prices.  I don't really have any other explanation.  There can't be that many people with a large stockpile of ammo.  

I have like 3 different shooting groups I go out with and post covid, I've been shooting with 1 of those groups, 1 time.  Nobody I know is really shooting but the ranges are busier than they've ever been and it's been like that for 6+ months.  I'm guessing it's mostly people who are new to the hobby.  IDK.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:30:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Nah, I will get with the guy who knows where his spots are and head there when I can.
I agree on people paying insane prices like nothing - they didn't know what the price was a year ago, just, "Oh, one box for $99? OK, hey Wanda, get over to the Plasma Center!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top