Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm in Kalispell, but spend a bunch of time around "T-Falls".  Give a shout and I'll try to make it down to help unload.  BTW, you'll be just up the road from the Noxon Reservoir.  That is THE walleye hot spot of western MT.
View Quote
Right on!!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 2:15:10 PM EDT
[#2]
A Marine who used to work for me recently retired and is making the trip with us to help out.  He's and awesome dude and great friend!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 7:43:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A Marine who used to work for me recently retired and is making the trip with us to help out.  He's and awesome dude and great friend!!
View Quote

Nice! Depending on when you get here, I may be able to help. A 4 month old makes plans difficult...
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 6:11:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Nice! Depending on when you get here, I may be able to help. A 4 month old makes plans difficult...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll let y'all know when we leave and ETA for arrival.  Could be a good time!

ETA I really only need help with the safe.  And I think I have that covered now.  If y'all want to help unload ammo bring a back brace.  I have........a few rounds.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 11:44:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

ETA I really only need help with the safe.  And I think I have that covered now.  If y'all want to help unload ammo bring a back brace.  I have........a few rounds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you've done it!

You paying in ammo?
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 3:33:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Now you've done it!

You paying in ammo?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you've done it!

You paying in ammo?
Lol
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 11:56:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Move delay.  The sellers of the house are being shady as fuck.  Will be looking for a new place in Montana.  Update to follow.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 12:31:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Move delay.  The sellers of the house are being shady as fuck.  Will be looking for a new place in Montana.  Update to follow.
View Quote

What are they doing?
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 12:57:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What are they doing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are they doing?
Looks like they were using an illegal well which the HOA ( I don't approve of them) president is a family member and had overlooked it.  Well they have tried to dig 2 times on the property and no joy.  So asked for an extension on the contract to have our own company drill for water. They said no, but if we signed a hold harmless agreement against a shit load of people I can't even list....we can buy and worry about water later.  FUCK YOU!  For 900,00 that ain't gonna fly.

That is the short answer.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 1:43:43 AM EDT
[#10]
That's a mess.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 1:10:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Okay, we are definitely moving mid July.  Victor Montana.  Lots more land than the cluster fuck of the first house.

ETA and now I have 2 Marines helping me move out there.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Okay, we are definitely moving mid July.  Victor Montana.  Lots more land than the cluster fuck of the first house.

View Quote

Dang that's too bad that you had to switch so late in the game, especially with the "appreciation" of real estate from last year to this year in western MT. Sellers being shady is something that's hard to overlook though, especially on something as critical as water (a well). We got a similar vibe from the 1st home we put an offer on down towards Kila.

Wife and I are supposed to be closing in mid June on a place with mountain views on the west side of the Flathead Valley. House in MN is sold and pending an early June closing. Our buyer agreed to a "rentback" for up to 60 days in order to allow us time to A) find a home ~1200 miles away and B) get all our $hit out there. I want to get on the road the day we sign the paperwork on the new one. Without any stupid delays we should be out and settled before 4th of July.

I don't have any marines helping me though but I do have myself  (infantry vet) an infantry friend and my combat engineer brother.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:20:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Dang that's too bad that you had to switch so late in the game, especially with the "appreciation" of real estate from last year to this year in western MT. Sellers being shady is something that's hard to overlook though, especially on something as critical as water (a well). We got a similar vibe from the 1st home we put an offer on down towards Kila.

Wife and I are supposed to be closing in mid June on a place with mountain views on the west side of the Flathead Valley. House in MN is sold and pending an early June closing. Our buyer agreed to a "rentback" for up to 60 days in order to allow us time to A) find a home ~1200 miles away and B) get all our $hit out there. I want to get on the road the day we sign the paperwork on the new one. Without any stupid delays we should be out and settled before 4th of July.

I don't have any marines helping me though but I do have myself  (infantry vet) an infantry friend and my combat engineer brother.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First house was 3 acres and an HOA (which I don't want) new place is A LOT more money but 40 acres and nicer house....and no HOA!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
First house was 3 acres and an HOA (which I don't want) new place is A LOT more money but 40 acres and nicer house....and no HOA!!
View Quote

Sounds better. More land is always better! No HOA is priceless. Not inheriting someone else's problem water situation is also priceless.

I wanted 10-20ac, wife was fine with as little as 1ac (ya...no). We ended up with >10ac and no HOA on a private road with great access. It also has the lightest covenants I saw on any property with covenants and the internet we need to work is available. It's almost perfect for us honestly.

With prices as they are in the Flathead I'm not sure we could have afforded much more than we got. Two years or hell, even a year ago it would have been attainable, but not in today's market. That's just how the cookie crumbles I suppose.

If it all goes to $hit, and it very well may, we'll be sitting pretty while paying off our doubled mortgage with inflated dollars.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Sounds better. More land is always better! No HOA is priceless. Not inheriting someone else's problem water situation is also priceless.

I wanted 10-20ac, wife was fine with as little as 1ac (ya...no). We ended up with >10ac and no HOA on a private road with great access. It also has the lightest covenants I saw on any property with covenants and the internet we need to work is available. It's almost perfect for us honestly.

With prices as they are in the Flathead I'm not sure we could have afforded much more than we got. Two years or hell, even a year ago it would have been attainable, but not in today's market. That's just how the cookie crumbles I suppose.

If it all goes to $hit, and it very well may, we'll be sitting pretty while paying off our doubled mortgage with inflated dollars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We will be on a private road as well.  Can't wait!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Welcome to the Bitterroots!
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've spent 7 days in Montana in my life.  But I loved all 7 days!

Can't wait!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:43:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Can't wait!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't wait!!

I hope some of them were in winter.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 3:06:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't wait!!

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:03:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't wait!!

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:05:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't wait!!

I've been to the UP, Wisconsin, Norway, Iceland, Greenland........I'm not a pussy.

What I do need, is how do I find/train a horse to not be afraid o gunfire?  Seriously!
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:57:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I've been to the UP, Wisconsin, Norway, Iceland, Greenland........I'm not a pussy.

What I do need, is how do I find/train a horse to not be afraid o gunfire?  Seriously!
View Quote

As someone coming from MN to the Flathead, I’m well aware of northern winters because I’ve lived them for 40 years.  I think the Flathead is actually a bit milder than my home climate so it SHOULD be a breeze for me

The real question is how long have you spent in sub freezing temps? A week or two at a time or 6 months straight?  Yes it makes a difference. Hunting or ice fishing trips are one thing, snow and all of the accompanying work from early October till as late as May is a whole different animal.

Not trying to discount your experience at all, just that it’s different when you can’t escape back to a warm area for months.

Funny story: my wife’s coworker from California moved to Bozeman last summer. They wanted their Montana dream. Then November hit. They were back in California before Thanksgiving and sold their brand new home over the winter. The temps they thought were “unacceptable”? 32 degrees!
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Desensitizing your horse to gun fire
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

As someone coming from MN to the Flathead, I'm well aware of northern winters because I've lived them for 40 years.  I think the Flathead is actually a bit milder than my home climate so it SHOULD be a breeze for me

The real question is how long have you spent in sub freezing temps? A week or two at a time or 6 months straight?  Yes it makes a difference. Hunting or ice fishing trips are one thing, snow and all of the accompanying work from early October till as late as May is a whole different animal.

Not trying to discount your experience at all, just that it's different when you can't escape back to a warm area for months.

Funny story: my wife's coworker from California moved to Bozeman last summer. They wanted their Montana dream. Then November hit. They were back in California before Thanksgiving and sold their brand new home over the winter. The temps they thought were "unacceptable"? 32 degrees!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As someone coming from MN to the Flathead, I'm well aware of northern winters because I've lived them for 40 years.  I think the Flathead is actually a bit milder than my home climate so it SHOULD be a breeze for me

Not trying to discount your experience at all, just that it's different when you can't escape back to a warm area for months.

Funny story: my wife's coworker from California moved to Bozeman last summer. They wanted their Montana dream. Then November hit. They were back in California before Thanksgiving and sold their brand new home over the winter. The temps they thought were "unacceptable"? 32 degrees!

I'm born in in NC. Spent the majority of my life here.  But was raised in Northern Ohio..
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm born in in NC. Spent the majority of my life here.  But was raised in Northern Ohio..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ohio weather is an absolute joke compared to a hard Montana winter. You'll understand later.

Part of it is the altitude while part has to do with the jet stream - but another issue is that in Ohio for example the distances aren't that great and the roads are cleared regularly. Distances between things are a lot larger here and roads tend not to be cleared outside of the interstate and bigger cities. You get to keeping within a moderate distance even with a good vehicle when things get bad and it drives some people batty.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Ohio weather is an absolute joke compared to a hard Montana winter. You'll understand later.

Part of it is the altitude while part has to do with the jet stream - but another issue is that in Ohio for example the distances aren't that great and the roads are cleared regularly. Distances between things are a lot larger here and roads tend not to be cleared outside of the interstate and bigger cities. You get to keeping within a moderate distance even with a good vehicle when things get bad and it drives some people batty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get it and ain't scared.  In fact, I'm excited!!
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 8:52:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There ya go!
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 12:00:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll join the ranks of Montanans who get to chuckle as we watch Californians and the like piss and moan and move away every hard winter we have. I love it every time!
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Mine! All mine!  Nothing worse than seeing a 7 county plate at a trailhead.
View Quote

Unless it’s a 7B from Idaho.
We drive to and through Thompson Falls on a regular basis-sometimes just to eat lunch.
I made the move from the Kingston/New Bern NC area to this part of the country. No worries OP it’s good people here.....LOTS of snow but good folks.

ETA: Bummer just read you’re going to Victor. That’s a good place too. Prefer Hamilton personally.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:53:42 PM EDT
[#31]
One step closer.  Sold my '67 Grand Prix and it is getting shipped to Australia.  Can't believe the guy is shipping it on an open trailer.  It's going to Washington then to Kalifornia to take a boat ride.

My house goes on the market Monday.  We will be leaving 12 July.  

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:20:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/276871/IMG_20210602_185943255_HDR-1972210.jpgOne step closer.  Sold my '67 Grand Prix and it is getting shipped to Australia.  Can't believe the guy is shipping it on an open trailer.  It's going to Washington then to Kalifornia to take a boat ride.

My house goes on the market Monday.  We will be leaving 12 July.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/9/2021 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#33]
My Corvette is sold.  Took my senior pics with this car.  1988 with 16,000 miles on the clock.  Was my dad's car and went to a friend who considered my dad family.

Link Posted: 6/9/2021 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Very nice to watch all the steps on this side of the process! Having just sold our house and having it go smoothly was a huge plus.

We have/had some appraisal issues on the buying side but as of today the appraisal report is at the underwriter and we should have a closing date by tomorrow afternoon at the latest, IF they aren't pricks and require repairs.

Are you closed on your new home yet or are you contingent on the sale of your current home? Things move more slowly than we're used to in Montana and I feel like we had to chew the ear off our lender out there to get some movement on their part. Part of that may be because it's a local lender. Who knows. It took their appraiser 16 days to get out to the property though. Ugh.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Welcome to MT OP! Your going to love it. Wishing your family the best here!
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Very nice to watch all the steps on this side of the process! Having just sold our house and having it go smoothly was a huge plus.

We have/had some appraisal issues on the buying side but as of today the appraisal report is at the underwriter and we should have a closing date by tomorrow afternoon at the latest, IF they aren't pricks and require repairs.

Are you closed on your new home yet or are you contingent on the sale of your current home? Things move more slowly than we're used to in Montana and I feel like we had to chew the ear off our lender out there to get some movement on their part. Part of that may be because it's a local lender. Who knows. It took their appraiser 16 days to get out to the property though. Ugh.
View Quote
Close first week of July on the Montana house, ours goes for sale Tuesday.  I don't "need" to sell my NC house to move.  Just would be nice to have it gone before I leave.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 4:27:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Also sold my "little" boat (14' Alumacraft) but keeping my "big" boat (18' Key west).  Hopefully it gets some water time out there.

Link Posted: 6/9/2021 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Close first week of July on the Montana house, ours goes for sale Tuesday.  I don't "need" to sell my NC house to move.  Just would be nice to have it gone before I leave.
View Quote

It's much easier being non-contingent and I wish I was in that situation to start but I wasn't, mostly because the house we won is a HUGE upgrade for us. Good news is the closing is done on our current house and we have the money in the bank so we're now non-contingent. We're just renting it back from the buyer until we're out of here and he's a decent kid so it should all work out.

I understand about wanting it gone. One thing I should have done is insist on a quick appraisal and a quick close, then take the offer that best matches your terms, for the house you're selling. If you haven't done so already, your realtor can probably set that up in the listing and in their communications with prospective buyer's agents.

Buyers are willing to bend over backwards to try to meet everything sellers want just so then can get the house they really want.

Link Posted: 6/9/2021 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It's much easier being non-contingent and I wish I was in that situation to start but I wasn't, mostly because the house we won is a HUGE upgrade for us. Good news is the closing is done on our current house and we have the money in the bank so we're now non-contingent. We're just renting it back from the buyer until we're out of here and he's a decent kid so it should all work out.

I understand about wanting it gone. One thing I should have done is insist on a quick appraisal and a quick close, then take the offer that best matches your terms, for the house you're selling. If you haven't done so already, your realtor can probably set that up in the listing and in their communications with prospective buyer's agents.

Buyers are willing to bend over backwards to try to meet everything sellers want just so then can get the house they really want.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in a Marine Corps town so most likely whomever buys my house will be getting a VA loan.  So there isn't any wiggle room over appraisal unless they have cash.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 2:12:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Listed our house Sunday and already accepted an offer for more than we listed for.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 2:41:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Listed our house Sunday and already accepted an offer for more than we listed for.
View Quote

It's good to be a seller right now.

Over asking price offers, waived inspections, offers to pay over appraisal if that's an issue, rentback of the sold home. Buyers are bending over backwards to get a damn home LOL.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Over asking price offers, waived inspections, offers to pay over appraisal if that's an issue, rentback of the sold home. Buyers are bending over backwards to get a damn home LOL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Had 4 more wanting to look today but I'm already tired of people wandering around my house.  Probably could get more than what was offered but IDGAF.  I'm ready for Montana!!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 3:49:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Had 4 more wanting to look today but I'm already tired of people wandering around my house.  Probably could get more than what was offered but IDGAF.  I'm ready for Montana!!!
View Quote

We got the same way. 1 offer on the table with a "preview" at a 2nd offer coming in (it was lower). The first was 8% above asking, waived everything and met our other terms so we took it. Easy peasy. Done in less than a day and got what we wanted.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 9:23:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Annnnnd they pulled out.  The wife decided the drive was too long to work.  Oh well, made $500.  Listed again at 0900 today and had 3 showings today with 2 moar scheduled tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 9:31:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Annnnnd they pulled out.  The wife decided the drive was too long to work.  Oh well, made $500.  Listed again at 0900 today and had 3 showings today with 2 moar scheduled tomorrow.
View Quote

I guess with the market, they jumped before actually thinking about it.... Hopefully you have another contract by tomorrow!
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 11:18:19 AM EDT
[#46]
That was easy.  Just excepted another offer.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 1:06:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Congrats (again)

I'm on the road Wednesday for a Friday arrival at our destination. Straight to closing then on to the new house.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 2:34:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

You'll be here before you know it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Congrats (again)

I'm on the road Wednesday for a Friday arrival at our destination. Straight to closing then on to the new house.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congrats (again)

Nice!!  We move in 13 and a wakeup.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#50]
My last "kill it and grill it" in North Carolina.  Dove stuffed with jalapeno spiced pickles (homemade) and wrapped in center cut bacon.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top