Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2020 8:55:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:26:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Snowing here near Mankato with ground blizzard conditions and very limited visibility.  The wind is really howling again tonight.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 11:19:53 PM EDT
[#2]
It hit pretty hard in the Southeast metro around 2-3pm. That was a fun drive home...
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 2:16:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh yah, you betcha.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 11:46:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 11:47:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 12:02:41 PM EDT
[#6]
In terms of the TC, seems like the west metro got hit way worse.

Drove from the north west metro to the south west metro starting at 330 yesterday.  Usually around a 30 minute drive.  Took nearly an hour and a half.  Cars and trucks stuck and abandoned on and alongside the road.  Squeezing between a stopped tractor trailer and the median.  Was worried I wouldn't make it home due to being blocked by vehicles.

Then got stuck this morning at the end of my driveway in the plow created ice/snow wall at the end of the driveway.  Lucky for me, the local city plow driver happened to be there, and was EXTREMELY nice in helping to get me out.

Then I had to drive to Mendota Heights this morning, and I could still see grass through the snow.

Link Posted: 12/24/2020 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In terms of the TC, seems like the west metro got hit way worse.

Drove from the north west metro to the south west metro starting at 330 yesterday.  Usually around a 30 minute drive.  Took nearly an hour and a half.  Cars and trucks stuck and abandoned on and alongside the road.  Squeezing between a stopped tractor trailer and the median.  Was worried I wouldn't make it home due to being blocked by vehicles.

Then got stuck this morning at the end of my driveway in the plow created ice/snow wall at the end of the driveway.  Lucky for me, the local city plow driver happened to be there, and was EXTREMELY nice in helping to get me out.

Then I had to drive to Mendota Heights this morning, and I could still see grass through the snow.

View Quote

Only about 3" total yesterday out here in ESD but 55mph winds whipped up a whiteout and built some impressive drifts, they also polished the snow on the roads to a crystal finish.  Looking nice out today if it warms up a bit and no wind.  Internet/cameras went out at the cabin though so I can't see what the snow looks like up in central MN.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top