Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2020 7:01:28 PM EDT
Who is best- what do i need / want?
24" is best for me- multiple properties. Mainly flat!. gotta be able to put it in a pickem up truck(have ramps/planks)- Would like all the good features- yall know best!. Getting older- tired, cant do it all anymore! Self start a +, self driven a must! like wheels vs tracks- under 2k is a must- dont want a big box store shit blower...........help a brother out yo!!! please advise a former snow shoveler that is uneducated in the modern arts of snow removal- as a +.. I will help my senior citizen neighbors out and do the right thing by helping them out when this durable bitch (that you recommend) is running!
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#1]
edge, zerg ............?
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 7:07:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Ariens

Local shop like true value, especially if they work on them there.  

If your handy enough to maintain it yourself...
Snowblowersdirect.com

You’ll save a little online if you don’t mind doing the setup.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ariens

Local shop like true value, especially if they work on them there.  

If your handy enough to maintain it yourself...
Snowblowersdirect.com

You’ll save a little online if you don’t mind doing the setup.
View Quote

Keep it coming!!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 8:47:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Honda, Ariens and Husquvarna are all pretty damn solid. If you’re buying new you’d really have a hard time going wrong with any of those three. Online if you’re looking to save money, or local shop if they’re running a special or something.

Husquvarna gets shit on in reviews for some reason but I’ve got a 9 year old chainsaw I’ve never done work on and beat the shit out of, 1000 hours on a ride on mower I bought used from someone on here like 6 years ago, and this year I just replaced my old Craftsman 28” snowblower that ran for a decade with no maintenance with a Husquvarna. Today was the second time I used it and my only complaint is it is definitely heavier, but it really tosses the snow. I’m a big fan of Husq stuff myself after all I’ve put them through.

I think any of the new machines all pretty much come standard with the same features. Light, heated grips etc
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:23:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Troy-Bilt and Cub Cadet are MTD brands. MTD is entry level low quality stuff. They have an attractive price but are basically disposable.

Snapper, Toro, Briggs and Stratton and Murray are all made by the same company. Again lower quality to hit a price point.

Husqvarna and Ariens are both domestically built and are good machine that you will get years out of. I have owned several Ariens machines over the years and they have all served me well.

Ariens has several lines of machines. These two should serve you well and fit your needs.

https://www.ariens.com/en-us/power-equipment/snow-products/snow-blowers/deluxe/deluxe-24

https://www.ariens.com/en-us/power-equipment/snow-products/snow-blowers/platinum/platinum-24-sho-efi
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#6]
What these guys said^
Every other piece of yard equipment I have is husq.  
The only thing that isn’t is the snowblower, which is ariens, and that’s just because of their reputation with snowblowers.

I’d have no problem having a husq snowblower as well.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:37:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Honda makes a nice machine but are a little less sturdy than a comparable Husky or Ariens. Also they seem a little smaller in stature. My neighbor was out with his today. His is an HSS1332ATD. He told me he was disappointed in the slush abilities of his Honda because the chute would clog with slush. If you look at the Honda the chute is significantly smaller than my Ariens. He said the storm a couple weeks ago was a problem with his machine.

I looked at both the Husky and the Ariens. Both machines fit my desires but I like the dealer who sells Ariens. I buy all my Stihl stuff there and they treat me really good so I went with the Ariens. I bought mine 2 years ago. Used it again today and was real happy with it. I bought the professional 28" with hydrostatic drive and EFI. It has electric start just in case my wife needs to use it. She can't pull start stuff with her bad shoulder. Last winter the end of my driveway was 6-8 of mushy, wet, soggy, salty snow. My machine did not clog and shot it about 8 feet which was pretty good considering. Normally it shoots snow 50-60 feet.

Ariens has a financing deal right now. Husky might too.

One last rant. Buy from a dealer, especially if you don't plan on working on it yourself. If you buy online or from a big box store you will need a local dealer for warranty repairs. if you did not buy from them you will be at the back of the line.

Me outside today.
Attachment Attached File

EDIT: I have these skids on my machine. My driveway is crushed stone. I hardly have stones get tossed using these skids. My neighbor with his Honda was complaining that he needed to do something about the stock skids on the Honda. They are on the rear and he said it was an issue going over any uneven surface, like the driveway apron to road.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank guys!
I went with the Ariren 24 compact 2 stage-
I moved some snow for my elderly neighbor this afternoon
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Nutter,  Go to Snowblowersdirect.com  and get an Ariens, SHO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top