Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2019 7:47:56 AM EDT
For those of you who like military aircraft.

The Smoky Hill Weapons Range is opening its gates to the public for an open house on Aug. 3. Experience the sights and sounds of the largest bomb range in the Air National Guard, as we pack your day full of aerial gunnery demonstrations by fighter and bomber aircraft!

See how the Air Force practices their skills during this all day event!

Free admission
Food, refreshments, and memorabilia will be available for purchase
Bring your lawn chair
Ear protection will be provided
Date: Aug. 3

Time: Gates open at 8 a.m.

Demonstrations 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.

Location: Smoky Hill Weapons Range, 8429 W. Farrelly Rd., Salina, KS 67401 (See flyer for map/directions)

See the flyer for more details.

This event is free and open to the public. We hope to see you there!
https://www.184iw.ang.af.mil
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Heck yeah.  I went to an Open House years ago and it was the best "airshow-type" event I've ever been to.

A-10s and F-16s doing gun runs and dropping bombs.  B-1s dropping 2000lb bombs that skip nearly a mile down range.  Plus, having all of them buzz you in full burner...seemed WAY closer than they get at regular airshows.  It. Was. Awesome.

So much brrrrrttttt.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 10:30:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Its definitely a good time. Unknown what the roster of aircraft are but assume same as past years. The JTAC/TACP guys put on a good show as well .
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 6:14:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the heads up, that was an awesome show!
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 12:20:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I went today because of this thread.  Had a great time.  Thanks OP.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 8:37:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Glad everyone enjoyed it. It was hot as hell! I didnt think it was as good as in years past as the time in between aircraft groups was long, A10s didnt do many gun runs, F16s didnt do gun runs, no B1s or 52s. But the B2s where awesome.
I'm going to try and see if for the next open house (should be Aug 2021) if they can invite either the F22 Demo team or F35 demo team as that would be a good filler in between aircraft groups.

Also keep a lookout for 131st Bomb Wing in Missouri as they host a similar event at Cannon Range near Ft. Leonard Wood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top