Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2021 10:07:27 PM EDT
The doorbell rang and  I was informed by a neighbor that there was a fire out back in the woods.  The home owners closest to the fire were using their hoses to wet down the flames.  A lot more smoke than fire, but windy.  The KC fire department arrived and couldn't locate a working hydrant.  ETA All ended well, however, I can't wait to hear an explanation.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 10:43:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Did somebody leave a main valve off?  
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:25:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I have no idea.  I expect to hear something in the next day or two.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 2:38:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe they're still frozen from a couple weeks ago

Link Posted: 3/10/2021 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Budget cuts due to frivolous spending by the fuck stick mayor.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like that has been a on going issue. This fire happened in 2018 and the hydrants last inspection was in 2013.

KCFD encounters faulty fire hydrants while working fire
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 3:34:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The doorbell rang and  I was informed by a neighbor that there was a fire out back in the woods.  The home owners closest to the fire were using their hoses to wet down the flames.  A lot more smoke than fire, but windy.  The KC fire department arrived and couldn't locate a working hydrant.  ETA All ended well, however, I can't wait to hear an explanation.
View Quote

Nobodys got money for maintenance...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top