Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/16/2020 1:14:39 AM EDT
I mailed several Priority packages in the past week, one package sat at Dayton receiving office for a whole week not moving and finally moved to Cincinnati but sat there for a day now. Another Priority package also sat in Dayton office since 12/10 not moving at all when I checked today! I know it is holiday season and COVID has an effect, but didn't think it would be this slow! Anybody experience the same?
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 5:41:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I did a EE swap with a guy and we shipped first class on the same day both with tracking and neither of them have made it,  that was 14 days ago,

Link Posted: 12/16/2020 6:01:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a pair of Oakley safety glasses last week that should’ve been delivered last Friday.  Their progress has been painfully slow.  The package seems to sit at every major usps hub (Atlanta to cincy to Akron) for 36-48 hrs before getting passed along closer to my local post office and final delivery.  That’s the pandemic mixed in with online Christmas sales of stuff for you this year!
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 7:36:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I think they are behind on everything, I just got a Bass Pro flyer yesterday and the deals expire today.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 7:41:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think they are behind on everything, I just got a Bass Pro flyer yesterday and the deals expire today.
View Quote

Ditto
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 8:39:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep. I sold some stuff on eBay and shipped priority mail on the 1st. Tracking info didn’t even update until Monday. Still not delivered. From Ohio to Virginia!
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 8:40:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I did a EE swap with a guy and we shipped first class on the same day both with tracking and neither of them have made it,  that was 14 days ago,

View Quote

At least you are smart to ship 1st class, I wasted my money to go Priority. I wanted to make sure they get delivered fast with "priority" but no difference! I do have a package shipped to Wisconsin delivered in time. I put tracking notifications on the packages appear slow so I can watch them, got me more worried when they are not moving. Those are EE as well, I hope the buyers understand the situation, not leaving me bad feedbacks! I sent them tracking info when I shipped, they should know I shipped them out with no delay at my part.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 8:42:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Considering last week I didn't get mail for 3 days in a row, I think that's just how crazy things are. I do think it is odd that my daily USPS Informed Delivery still sorted mail each day at the local PO (though those emails are coming at 10am instead of the usual 7am, but still. If its sorted, it should still make it on the truck.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I ordered something on black friday.  It shipped on cyber Monday.  It's still not here....  Last tracking update was on the 12th when it was processed in Columbus and the delivery date was updated to the 11th.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 9:51:17 AM EDT
[#9]
They haven’t been scanning packages because they’re so overwhelmed.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 12:18:00 PM EDT
[#10]
"Anybody else experience the same?

Yes.  Almost everyone that has bought something, or shipped something in the past several months.  USPS, UPS, FED EX, etc.  It across the board.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 2:08:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Still waiting to receive package mailed on the 4th, and a EE buyer waiting on payment from me that should've been delivered the 11th via Priority Mail.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Huge backlog at the Cleveland sorting facility as well.

Ordered a pricey weapon light that I thought was lost, but it eventually arrived.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 4:34:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I had prescriptions mailed on 12/3 from the VA in Columbus. They went to the Innis Road post office.  There they still sit.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 4:40:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought a $10 item on ebay on 11/29.

USPS says it has been to

Danville PA
Lancaster PA
Danville PA
Lancaster PA
Harrisburg PA
Lancaster PA
Columbus OH
Warrendale PA
Cincinnati OH
Pittsburgh PA
Lancaster PA
Pittsburgh PA
Warrendale PA

and they stopped giving updates on the 10th, saying it would be late, but is still on its way.

If its been traveling that far, I don't doubt the financial issues of the USPS!

I just need the shit before 12/25, so as long as they can get their head out of their ass by then, I will be okay, but my worry is my shit is at the bottom of a pile that keeps having the top layer added and removed, so the bottom isn't getting touched.

Link Posted: 12/16/2020 5:44:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Radio yesterday said for a basic letter, n ohio district is 3rd slowest behind only Detroit and Baltimore..
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#16]
So what are they going to do when people start filing lost package claims... could be in the millions
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Yet mailing a Ballot, good to go!
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 7:03:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's because they had already made arrangements to have those delivered to precincts ahead of time. Pallets full of ballots.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#19]
An EE purchase I made from FLA  mags sent to me 11-23. I still get same tracking message :late but still on its way to next facility. I figured out the next facility is on Mars.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 10:37:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I have 1 package shipped to PA, from Dayton, on 12/7, took a week to move, now still sitting at Cincinnati, for 2 days already, another package shipped to PA on 12/10 but arrived today! I have some 308 AR mags want to list to sell, but I'm going to wait until this craziness is over.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 3:29:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

They had pre printed ballots with your favorite candidates earmarked for certain cities ready to go.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 7:12:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Priority package from the Xenia area to North Carolina took 7 days. Not bad I guess compared to what others are experiencing.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Priority package from the Xenia area to North Carolina took 7 days. Not bad I guess compared to what others are experiencing.
View Quote

@slimslade  I'd say you're doing excellent.  I've got something coming from Indy.  On day 9 now I think.  Its been in Columbus 'in transit' for 4 days now.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:29:41 AM EDT
[#24]
I just received a letter from the IRS dated 9/11, postmarked 9/21.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:53:41 AM EDT
[#25]
I haven't had any issues, actually. Sending or receiving.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 11:11:07 AM EDT
[#26]
It took 10 days to get a regular letter from central ohio to kentucky. I've had packages that are taking an average of 10-14 days to move.

Someone said that the Cleveland hub had 200 semis  outside waiting to unload.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Have a package coming from Washington. Usually always on time... but this time it has not updated past leaving Kent, WA. Usually it tells me once it reaches the Cincinnati Dist. Center. Was supposed to be delivered on Monday.

Just going to play the waiting game.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:34:49 PM EDT
[#28]
I put tracking notifications on my 3 slow shipping Priority packages. Took 10 days to get out of Ohio! Are they going to refund me the priority postage? They probably tell me I'm lucky to get them delivered! Let me just cross my fingers.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:44:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Had a priority package from Seattle reach me in 3 days. I had a GB order mailed to me on the 8th from Laramie, WY 1st class shipping. Last tracking  update was the 13th.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 4:46:34 PM EDT
[#30]
I ordered parts from Clayton, Indiana--looks like about a 4 hour drive---on 11/16 3-day mail.  It has "arrived at the Detroit  facility" every Friday since then.  I have asked 3 different local Post offices to check for me, none has gotten back to me.....
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 1:24:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Watched some of the local news stories and it's crazy how much mail has piled up:

https://fox8.com/news/i-team/pictures-show-mountains-of-mail-not-getting-delivered/

I finally had a priority package sent December 1st that finally arrived today. Keeping my fingers crossed that the priority packages I sent out to family make it in time for Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 7:43:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Looks like a 2-3 day PM envelope mailed on the 8th might get delivered today.

Still waiting on a package mailed from TN on the 4th. It's somewhere between there and here.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Waiting on Rx's that shipped from Youngstown on the 9th.  They actually made it to CLE on the 9th.  And that's where they are.  Still.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 12:27:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I paid for Express shipping and got something from Kansas make it in 18 hours and I've had packages moving slowly but after they leave Columbus nothing at all(for overall week). So I'm willing to bet 200 semi trailers sitting in Cleveland is probably right. I don't even get mail every day right now.

My concern is if Cleveland is that far behind I don't see how they catch up until well into January.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 12:44:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Bought battle vest online in NC on 30 NOV, and got email advice it was to be delivered on 12/11 by US POST OFFICE.

Thing has been SITTING in Raleigh, NC, since 12/11--8 days!

Filed online complaint with USPS.

Just got a reply from USPS: "Due to CV19, deliveries are now slow, your case is now solved. Complaint resolved."

WTF?

Got me two words for the dipshits at USPS --and the two words are not "Happy Birthday."

gonna be hard-pressed me buying another 'effing 55 cent USPS stamp or using USPS

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 1:28:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Bought battle vest online in NC on 30 NOV, and got email advice it was to be delivered on 12/11 by US POST OFFICE.

Thing has been SITTING in Raleigh, NC, since 12/11--8 days!

Filed online complaint with USPS.

Just got a reply from USPS: "Due to CV19, deliveries are now slow, your case is now solved. Complaint resolved."

WTF?

Got me two words for the dipshits at USPS --and the two words are not "Happy Birthday."

gonna be hard-pressed me buying another 'effing 55 cent USPS stamp or using USPS

https://itcsecure.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/post-office-closed.gif
View Quote

Right I think they just gave up

Mail isn't going to stop coming in so I can't imagine how they catch up I have a couple smaller things coming in that I won't worry about but I'm definitely got one I'm definitely hoping to get soon.

I don't think I even know where to find a ups or FedEx to ship stuff and if I do ship anything I'm going Express at least I would assume it wouldn't sit in the back of some semi for weeks.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#37]
An Amazon Prime package arrived on schedule along with two Optics Planet orders arriving two days after placing the orders. Not everything is running behind.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
An Amazon Prime package arrived on schedule along with two Optics Planet orders arriving two days after placing the orders. Not everything is running behind.
View Quote

UPS and Amazon seem to be running just fine.  It's just the USPS.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Spoke with someone yesterday who’s wife is pretty up there for the USPS in SW Ohio and things are so bad right now that there are trucks full of packages just sitting for 7 to 10 days in some of the places mentioned before being processed to continue forward.

The employees are being told to just say things are slow due to the season and are not to disclose that it is way worse than that.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:45:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its the Union and all this Covid BS that has created this crap ... nothing more.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 1:55:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I obviously don't know all the details of their situation, but waiting in a long line last week to mail a Priority Mail letter was made even more frustrating by the fact that only two of the four customer service windows were manned.

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:53:31 AM EDT
[#42]
I've been FedEx, ups or dhl the past two weeks since Usps is completely backed up
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:43:31 PM EDT
[#43]
I sent some stuff from Cleveland to Columbus last Monday, it finally arrived today.  I sent some stuff to my grandkids on Tuesday and it still hasn't scanned yet as of today.

I'm mailing off some bills now, hopefully regular mail gets through so I don't have a late payment (I refuse to pay my mortgage online since they charge $5 to do that)
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#44]
My package has been sitting in Atlanta since December 8th.....I wonder if I'll get it?

Wondering if I should do a charge back?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#45]
My wife went to our local post office last week to mail some letters and packages. She said there were two postal employees working outside picking up litter. That’s nuts. It’s all hands on deck for the busiest time of the year and these two guys are outside picking up trash. Wow.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
My wife went to our local post office last week to mail some letters and packages. She said there were two postal employees working outside picking up litter. That’s nuts. It’s all hands on deck for the busiest time of the year and these two guys are outside picking up trash. Wow.
View Quote

The issue isn't your local post office. It's the distribution centers.

I'm finding that once any of my USPS packages leave distribution and reach my post office they're out to me in no time.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 2:35:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The issue isn't your local post office. It's the distribution centers.

I'm finding that once any of my USPS packages leave distribution and reach my post office they're out to me in no time.
View Quote

We have that problem too. We shipped a couple packages to my sister in Cleveland and they’ve been sitting in the Columbus center for a week.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 4:15:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
My package has been sitting in Atlanta since December 8th.....I wonder if I'll get it?

Wondering if I should do a charge back?
View Quote
Mine finally got here.....
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
We have that problem too. We shipped a couple packages to my sister in Cleveland and they’ve been sitting in the Columbus center for a week.
View Quote

I have something coming from Athens to Canton... went from Columbus to Akron to Cleveland... then over to Indianapolis and now Cincinnati.

It's now been two weeks for two of the five packages I'm waiting on, one from MI and one from NJ. While I'm certainly annoyed about all of the delays, the only package I'm genuinely concerned about is the one from NJ. It is worth the most, and the most susceptible to damage from mishandling. I have no idea why the seller chose USPS - they didn't say upfront, so I figured it was going to be UPS; then I got a USPS tracking number.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 8:41:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I have something coming from Athens to Canton... went from Columbus to Akron to Cleveland... then over to Indianapolis and now Cincinnati.

It's now been two weeks for two of the five packages I'm waiting on, one from MI and one from NJ. While I'm certainly annoyed about all of the delays, the only package I'm genuinely concerned about is the one from NJ. It is worth the most, and the most susceptible to damage from mishandling. I have no idea why the seller chose USPS - they didn't say upfront, so I figured it was going to be UPS; then I got a USPS tracking number.
View Quote

Only way I'm using USPS is if the seller has no other options and at this point I won't get anything else if it is the only option. I have a few things I'm waiting on but I have one that is pretty expensive that left VA 3 weeks  ago and departed Columbus 2 weeks ago and it's been dead on the water since.

I understand the holiday and covid but o don't understand having 200 trucks sitting in Cleveland alone for weeks. How do they plan on getting anything done. How does this even get this backed up no other shippers seem to have any issues. Just take your package and let it sit? I assume they have to be running out of trailers soon.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top