Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2021 8:49:58 PM EDT
What are the laws?
LGS has them.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:15:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it a Dennis the Menace style piece of a tree branch that shaped like a Y with a heavy rubber band on it that hangs out of your back pocket while you’re on shoeless adventures near the creek on the back 40? Or is it one of the super fancy aerodynamic space age killer Wrist Rockets that you can shoot depleted uranium ball bearings through the engine blocks of cars?

I ask because I know one of them is illegal and the other one isn’t, but I don’t know which. Either way this state blows!
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 7:16:24 AM EDT
[#2]
there's actually a website for that LOL:
http://www.slingshotnj.com/
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 9:01:27 AM EDT
[#3]
It's a Daisey wrist rocket.
Felony for transport.
Thanks for the responses.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 9:13:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Slingshots are not specifically defined under NJ LAW. They may also be defined as "weapons" which means anything readily capable of lethal use of of inflicting serious bodily injury so tread lightly.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#5]
"Not specifically defined" means up to someone's interpretation.
I'll pass.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Slingshots are not specifically defined under NJ LAW. They may also be defined as "weapons" which means anything readily capable of lethal use of of inflicting serious bodily injury so tread lightly.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2021 4:53:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
"Not specifically defined" means up to someone's interpretation.
I'll pass.

View Quote

Yep, done that way on purpose IMHO so if they don't like you they can jam you up. Thanks NJ !!!
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#7]
How 'bout Blow Guns
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How 'bout Blow Guns
View Quote

As far as I know there is no specific law banning the use or possession of them in NJ but I don't have to tell you one must use "reasonable caution" with such an item.

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:02:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

As far as I know there is no specific law banning the use or possession of them in NJ but I don't have to tell you one must use "reasonable caution" with such an item.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How 'bout Blow Guns

Yes, might be a better option than a slingshot for small game or target shooting.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#10]
N.J.S.2C:39-3 lists "slingshots" along with switchblades and various other weapons that can only be possessed with the infamous "explainable lawful purpose". Carrying one could get you in trouble.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:32:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Next Murphy will ban blowjobs, heterosexual only.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How 'bout Blow Guns
Next Murphy will ban blowjobs, heterosexual only.

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 4:48:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Shooters has a whole kiosk of slingshots. IF I had the wrist-rocket when I was a kid, oh boy broken windows everywhere!
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:30:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So it was YOU!!!!!

LoL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shooters has a whole kiosk of slingshots. IF I had the wrist-rocket when I was a kid, oh boy broken windows everywhere!
So it was YOU!!!!!

LoL

I confess!!!!

We used a small piece of pipe with the finger cut from a rubber glove taped to the pipe. Drop BB’s in, pull back on the rubber and wham! I was a rotten prick as a kid
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:19:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

... but they won't let you handle them unless you have a Pistol Purchase Permit.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top