Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2021 7:24:06 PM EDT
Seeking some guidance on skiing Utah this coming season for my son (18) and I (52).   Above avg. skills, we own our gear (no rental required).

Best overall skiing location?
Best lodging? (hotel, Airbnb, lodge)
Other key arfcom knowledge appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 11:49:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Pick any ski area along the Wasatch, and if there is enough snow it will be fantastic.  Alta, Snowbird, Snowbasin, Park City, Sundance, Solitude, Powder Mountain etc.  They don't call it "The Greatest Snow on Earth" for nothing.  Enjoy.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 2:40:57 PM EDT
[#2]
We have the "Greatest snow on Earth".  It is on our license plates....this should not even be a question.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 3:38:43 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're skiing the Cottonwood canyons (Brighton, Solitude, Alta and Snowbird), it's usually much cheaper to stay down in the valley and drive up in the morning. Although the canyon traffic can get ugly.

In Park City, you might as well bite the bullet, pay the big money, and stay up there. We've done AirBNB in the summer at Deer Valley, which was lots of fun.

I also work part time at Brighton in their ski clinic, but ski all the resorts whenever possible.

If you haven't looked at ski pass pricing lately, especially in Park City, prepare to gag. It can go over $200/day with holiday surge pricing.
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 8:07:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Ski Big or Little Cottonwood Canyon.  I like to stay in Sandy or Midvale.   Take the bus to the mountain.  Get on the bus at a stop in town - before it reaches the mouth of the canyon.  Get fish tacos at Lone Star Taqueria.  Discounted passes are available at Ski n See for some resorts.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top