Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2023 9:58:23 AM EDT
Greetings Limeys and @flyhack72

My family and I are planning a trip for the last 2 weeks of the Six Nations next spring, for matches on 9 March (Twickenham) and 16 March (TBD - France). We want "good" seats given that we're traveling all the way over there. From what I see online for Twickenham, there are "packages" from England Rugby that have all sorts of things that we don't need, and then ticket brokers advertising rubbish tickets for 1,200 quid. I don't see anything for sale yet on the Twickenham app.

I realize this is London and it's a huge match (England v. Ireland), but any tips on when/where/how to get tickets? I've been to London before for other things and can sort out the rest, though any tips on pubs and getting to/from Twick would be appreciated as well.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 4:29:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flyhack72] [#1]
@dbrowne1

I'm getting ready for a family dinner but I'll try to pop in later.

Eng v Ire will be a big game.  Good choice.  France might just win it all so seeing them would be cool as well.

I just had a work colleague go to the Eng v France women's game at Twickenham on Saturday.  I'll pick her brain.  She is in the UK so I won't get any info from her for at least 24 hours.

I usually don't have to deal with tix.  I have another job that has me working for MLR and World Rugby.  That means free passes for me for those events. 6N is not World Rugby though so I don't have an in for tix.

You'll have a blast no matter what.  I'd love to see that match in person.

I'll be back...
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 6:08:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, any info you can pass on would be great. I’ve played and coached here in the US (at much lower levels than you…) and both my kids are playing now. We’ve been to top-level college and MLR matches and watched Six Nations and World Cup games on TV, but we’re really excited to see England, France, and Ireland in person.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 5:33:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flyhack72] [#3]
@dbrowne1

I spoke with my colleague (totally different profession).

She said that England playing at Twickenham will be a tough ticket, obviously.

Apparently, they allocate ticket blocks to the local teams/clubs. They have to do a lottery to determine what clubs get first allocation.

Those tickets are about $200 each.

There are also corporate packages--which sounds like you may be looking at.

You can use brokers, but those prices are already around $800-1000 each.

You may be better off getting the package options.

She is looking around to see if she has an "in" somewhere.  She's gonna let me know.

I hope you can land something.  If you do, certainly share a photo!  I missed playing in Twickenham by about three weeks.  

That is one of my life's regrets, but Visas are a thing...

I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, keep enjoying MLR!  I'll be working one of the games this Saturday...
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:35:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dbrowne1] [#4]
Thank you, very helpful. I posted another  thread in GD and someone there (a Brit who now lives in VA) said similar, that the local clubs would get allocations and lottery the tickets, and if he couldn’t get one from his club then he’d go to ticketmaster/stubhub.

MLR and the curtain-raiser matches are fun. One of the DC team’s front office guys is a former teammate of mine, it’s funny to see him in that role.

If your friend gets any leads, please let me know.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 8:07:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dbrowne1:
Thank you, very helpful. I posted another  thread in GD and someone there (a Brit who now lives in VA) said similar, that the local clubs would get allocations and lottery the tickets, and if he couldn’t get one from his club then he’d go to ticketmaster/stubhub.

MLR and the curtain-raiser matches are fun. One of the DC team’s front office guys is a former teammate of mine, it’s funny to see him in that role.

If your friend gets any leads, please let me know.
View Quote

Yeah, it's crazy how small a world it is.  Not just on the US scene but internationally as well.

I will certainly check out the GD thread and I'll keep you posted if my colleague had a lead.

If not, an alternate might be to watch a Premiership match.  There are some teams in the London area that would be worth going to see.  I know it's not England v Ireland but it might be worth checking out for another option.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top