Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2020 7:09:03 PM EDT
Anyone relatively local heard any opening dates? We have a week scheduled to visit in a few weeks and they haven’t updated their website or social media since the 28th of April.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:18:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I just sent a message to a friend who lives down there. I'll let you know, if/when he replies.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:01:43 PM EDT
[#2]
@Johnnyb01

He said it hasn't been announced yet, so nobody knows.

Edit - Another friend just answered and said "Nothing yet about when they will open. They are being very careful. Rumor control is saying maybe the first of July."
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 7:49:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@Johnnyb01

He said it hasn't been announced yet, so nobody knows.

Edit - Another friend just answered and said "Nothing yet about when they will open. They are being very careful. Rumor control is saying maybe the first of July."
View Quote

Thanks man, that’s what I’m afraid of, in the past few days their calendar has gone from showing operating hours in June to TBD and showing operating hours in July, I guess we’ll be pushing back the summer Vacation if we can find lodging later.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:53:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry it wasn't better news.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:16:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I appreciate the info though man. I think we’re gonna try to reschedule for maybe late summer. Book that and something somewhere else at the same time, then even if they aren’t open (have heard some rumor they are discussing staying closed for the season, gotta suck for the employees) we still have somewhere to go.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad to help.

That sounds like a good plan, having backup places to go.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 6:00:32 AM EDT
[#7]
There hasn't been a peep from SDC.  I even requested they tell people when they WON'T be open by.  They surely know if they won't possible be open before the first of July.

We weren't planning on going this year as we had planned a Disney vacation for the first time.  Since that obviously isn't happening, Branson is our fallback. It is very disappointing at the lack of information.

On the plus side, there is still plenty to do there and most things will be open towards the middle of June. There is a list with dates on the Branson website.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a friend who works there.  As of last week, he didn't even know.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#9]
they just posted to facebook that they are opening june 13th and 14th. im sure there is better info online but i just saw so i thought I would share.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:36:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
they just posted to facebook that they are opening june 13th and 14th. im sure there is better info online but i just saw so i thought I would share.
View Quote

@boppie

Can you link me to this Facebook post? I am having a hard time finding it.

Just found a press release regarding it, thanks for the heads up man. They haven’t posted anything on either of the official social media accounts.

Now to try to get reservations lol the website and app are crashed due to the traffic on them
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 11:35:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Wife and I are driving to Branson in a couple weeks we have tix for SDC on June 26th. Anyone else there that day?
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wife and I are driving to Branson in a couple weeks we have tix for SDC on June 26th. Anyone else there that day?
View Quote

We ended up postponing our trip, per SDC website as long as we don’t use our season tickets or any of the other benefits this calendar year they will automatically roll over to 2021 (special case due to the quarantine this year, not their normal policy). All indoor shows are closed and there are limits on the number of people on the rides and such...plus when they announced and we had to make a decision (one of us is limited on his vacation with work) you could reserve no more than 2 days in a 30 day period, once one of those days is used you can then reserve another. This meant we’d be making a 28h round trip with no guarantee that we could spend more than 2 days of our 8 in Branson at the park. Plus they are making all visitors wear masks, I’m not a fan of that and 2 kids under 10 aren’t gonna be either...

I know you said you had your tickets for that day, do you have to go into their reservation system and make reservations for that day like the season pass holders or did that happen automatically when you purchased the single day ticket, assuming you’ve purchased them before all this occurred.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

We ended up postponing our trip, per SDC website as long as we don't use our season tickets or any of the other benefits this calendar year they will automatically roll over to 2021 (special case due to the quarantine this year, not their normal policy). All indoor shows are closed and there are limits on the number of people on the rides and such...plus when they announced and we had to make a decision (one of us is limited on his vacation with work) you could reserve no more than 2 days in a 30 day period, once one of those days is used you can then reserve another. This meant we'd be making a 28h round trip with no guarantee that we could spend more than 2 days of our 8 in Branson at the park. Plus they are making all visitors wear masks, I'm not a fan of that and 2 kids under 10 aren't gonna be either...

I know you said you had your tickets for that day, do you have to go into their reservation system and make reservations for that day like the season pass holders or did that happen automatically when you purchased the single day ticket, assuming you've purchased them before all this occurred.
View Quote
We got the reservation when we purchased the tix.  From what I understand masks are required but only about half the people are sticking to it.  If it's a big deal but I can put it just below my nose I will be fine.  If I have to wear it up all the time it will be miserable.  They do have mask free zones so might spend some time in there.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Be aware...

SDC has now installed and is using metal detectors.

This is new this year.

I can see Wildfire from our condo right now but we are skipping SDC this trip.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 10:20:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

We ended up postponing our trip, per SDC website as long as we don’t use our season tickets or any of the other benefits this calendar year they will automatically roll over to 2021 (special case due to the quarantine this year, not their normal policy).
View Quote

@Johnnyb01

I saw where they are extending season passes to June of 2021 automatically, as well as giving some extra guest passes.  Everyone gets the extension to June 2021 even if you use the pass this year.

If I’m understanding you correctly, you’re saying if you don’t use any passes or benefits this year, you get to carry them over for a full March-December 2021 season pass?  

I looked and couldn’t find that info but if that’s the case, could you direct me to it?  We’ve got season passes and will probably go this summer but if we can skip this year and get full season passes for next year, we will probably do that instead.  Thanks
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I saw where they are extending season passes to June of 2021 automatically, as well as giving some extra guest passes.  Everyone gets the extension to June 2021 even if you use the pass this year.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying if you don't use any passes or benefits this year, you get to carry them over for a full March-December 2021 season pass?  

I looked and couldn't find that info but if that's the case, could you direct me to it?  We've got season passes and will probably go this summer but if we can skip this year and get full season passes for next year, we will probably do that instead.  Thanks
View Quote

I looked around a bit, and this is the only reference I found.

On this page...

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/Tickets/Season-Passes/Current-Passholders

...near the bottom;

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/19/2020 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

On this page...

...near the bottom;

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/51036/sdc_JPG-1467788.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

On this page...

...near the bottom;

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/51036/sdc_JPG-1467788.JPG

Quoted:

@Johnnyb01

If I’m understanding you correctly, you’re saying if you don’t use any passes or benefits this year, you get to carry them over for a full March-December 2021 season pass?  

I looked and couldn’t find that info but if that’s the case, could you direct me to it?  We’ve got season passes and will probably go this summer but if we can skip this year and get full season passes for next year, we will probably do that instead.  Thanks

Hey guys

Go to this page, the section named general FAQ, expand “will shows and festivals still take place, last paragraph. Initially it said no action needed by the season pass holder as long as you don’t use the season pass or any of the benefits, now it says to call, haven’t tried calling today but that number did give a message earlier in the week stating “due to increased call volume they cannot take your call right now, please try again later” lol
https://www.silverdollarcity.com/PlaySafe/FAQ
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 5:46:25 PM EDT
[#19]
@Eric_Cartman

@67Firebird
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 6:19:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok guys, I just hung up with the reservation center, no additional charge and he rolled my season passes over to 2021. You DO have to call and request it. Fair warning I spent 30 plus minutes on hold, but the guy was very friendly and helpful. Said I would receive my season pass packet with all the same amenities as I had paid for this year (ordered early enough to get free guest passes and such) sometime in late December/early January of 2021.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 8:27:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ok guys, I just hung up with the reservation center, no additional charge and he rolled my season passes over to 2021. You DO have to call and request it. Fair warning I spent 30 plus minutes on hold, but the guy was very friendly and helpful. Said I would receive my season pass packet with all the same amenities as I had paid for this year (ordered early enough to get free guest passes and such) sometime in late December/early January of 2021.
View Quote

Awesome.  Thanks for the update @Johnnyb01 I’ll be taking advantage of that.  One of my questions was whether or not you get the same free guest vouchers so thank you for clearing that up as well
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 11:49:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Glad it worked out.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 11:14:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Just got done with a few days at SDC. Had a great time.  The masks are stupid but not enforced completely while in the park.  Have to wear it to enter, have to have it on when getting on ride.  Wife and I pulled them down when leaving station and put them up when we got back.  Once we exited the ride the masks came down.  Walking around with a mask in heya and humidity was awful so most were taking them off outside.  Walked on 90% of the rides without waiting.   Otherwise it was 5-15 minute wait.  Not all the theaters are open but shows are moved to outdoor theaters.  90% of restaurants and food locations are open and most of the shops are open.  Mike at the honey store is a great guy and a veteran. As always every employee is cheerful and polite.  If you need an escape, barring any over reactions in the next few weeks I encourage you all to go.  I understand the season pass issue and probably would not bother with going but as a vacation I'd say go for it.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like reopening is going pretty well.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 4:40:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Just got done with a few days at SDC. Had a great time.  The masks are stupid but not enforced completely while in the park.  Have to wear it to enter, have to have it on when getting on ride.  Wife and I pulled them down when leaving station and put them up when we got back.  Once we exited the ride the masks came down.  Walking around with a mask in heya and humidity was awful so most were taking them off outside.  Walked on 90% of the rides without waiting.   Otherwise it was 5-15 minute wait.  Not all the theaters are open but shows are moved to outdoor theaters.  90% of restaurants and food locations are open and most of the shops are open.  Mike at the honey store is a great guy and a veteran. As always every employee is cheerful and polite.  If you need an escape, barring any over reactions in the next few weeks I encourage you all to go.  I understand the season pass issue and probably would not bother with going but as a vacation I'd say go for it.  
View Quote

I have season passes and have been waiting on more reports.  Thanks for the information.  Not sure if we will roll our passes to 2021 or use them and go during Christmas time which is our favorite.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 4:22:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I have season passes and have been waiting on more reports.  Thanks for the information.  Not sure if we will roll our passes to 2021 or use them and go during Christmas time which is our favorite.
View Quote
We actually upgraded our day pass to a season pass just to be able to go back a few days last week. Technically, the upgrade is well paid for now, but plan on coming back either oct or dec or both.  Helps that I have family there but we would do it even if not.  Was wishing mystic river was open for full or soft open but it didn't happen.  I'd be on the fence in your position though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top