Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/6/2018 5:01:39 PM EDT
LINK to Story

Democrats want "Red Flag Laws" (that say the mere acquisition of weapons or ammo is grounds for suspicion), Universal Background Checks, a requirement to serialize / # any self made gun with a unique ID / SN from the Texas DPS, and more of their usual silly antics...

Will be interesting to see if Constitutional Carry will pass this session with Joe Straus out of the Speakers Chair...

What'ca Think?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Republican'ts don't seem to get much done agenda wise.... just hope they don't fuck it all up worse
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 9:58:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't worry Alice Tripp and TSRA will get it all though.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:39:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Abbott has said no Red Flag laws. Let's see if he sticks to it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 6:36:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Texas trying to "Out Florida" Florida?
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alice Tripp is only slightly better than Marion Hammer. The problem is TSRA and Alice are of the guns are for deer and duck hunting. They want to run the show so if a legislator wants to get a bill passed like open carry or campus carry and TSRA  does not like it they get other legistors to slow it down.

We could have gotten constitutional carry through last session with some good planning and the want for it to be passed by TSRA.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Alice Tripp is only slightly better than Marion Hammer. The problem is TSRA and Alice are of the guns are for deer and duck hunting. They want to run the show so if a legislator wants to get a bill passed like open carry or campus carry and TSRA  does not like it they get other legistors to slow it down.

We could have gotten constitutional carry through last session with some good planning and the want for it to be passed by TSRA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I literally lol'd while reading one of their pamplets at their booth at the NRA convention.

One of their stated goals for 2019 was CC.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I literally lol'd while reading one of their pamplets at their booth at the NRA convention.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might be a little tougher this session, DUMBocrats picked up quite a few seats. We lost two good representatives in Williamson county, mostly on the coat tails of Bob the Fake Mexican.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 3:32:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Looking like Dennis Bonnen will take over as Speaker of the House. Will be interesting to see what happens
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Looking like Dennis Bonnen will take over as Speaker of the House. Will be interesting to see what happens
View Quote
Read his bio, was co-sponsor of campus carry and reducing time required for LTC.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
They did not like Sticklin's CC bill mainly because Open Carry Texas was behind it. A new speaker should help those bills get out of committee and to the floor for a vote, something that did not happen last session.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Read his bio, was co-sponsor of campus carry and reducing time required for LTC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He’s my Rep, and I’ve meet him several times.  Damn good guy, just hope once he takes over as speaker he doesn’t change.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 12:01:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They did not like Sticklin's CC bill mainly because Open Carry Texas was behind it. A new speaker should help those bills get out of committee and to the floor for a vote, something that did not happen last session.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to understand why Open Carry Texas started. TSRA dragged their feet for years on both open carry and campus carry. I had asked right to Alice Tripp's face why would could not get open carry passed both in 2009 and 2011. She said 'TSRA did not think they were important'

That forced some other some other group to take up getting open carry passed.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 2:12:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to understand why Open Carry Texas started. TSRA dragged their feet for years on both open carry and campus carry. I had asked right to Alice Tripp's face why would could not get open carry passed both in 2009 and 2011. She said 'TSRA did not think they were important'

View Quote
That has always been the problem with TSRA. They have a hard time pushing anything they didn't have a hand in writing. They wanted the parking lot bill passed first but it took two sessions to make that happen. Campus carry is half-assed at best but has too many opt-outs. Open carry was almost scuttled because of the "officers not needing a cause to ID" the police Chiefs and unions wanted added "for officer safety" and other political tricks.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
She said 'TSRA did not think they were important'
View All Quotes
Quoted:
She said 'TSRA did not think they were important'
Quoted:
That has always been the problem with TSRA.
TSRA is a Fudd organization, I am shocked they supported CC. It always will be until pro-RKBA members join and change. But like NRA, many pro-RKBA folks do not join for this or that reason, so it never changes. You want to control the direction of the boat, you need to be in the boat.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That has always been the problem with TSRA. They have a hard time pushing anything they didn't have a hand in writing. They wanted the parking lot bill passed first but it took two sessions to make that happen. Campus carry is half-assed at best but has too many opt-outs. Open carry was almost scuttled because of the "officers not needing a cause to ID" the police Chiefs and unions wanted added "for officer safety" and other political tricks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both campus carry and even open carry got fucked up before they got going. The guys from OCTC (the Tarret County guys that that OCT booted out) went into some Democrat's office and started threating the legislator. That was one of the first couple days in the session and after that looked like open carry was going nowhere fast.

The only way the bills got going again was Dan Patrick got behind them and gave them a go push to get going. It certainly wasn't TSRA/Alice Tripp that got them passed. Then when all the B.S. about law enforcement being able to make sure you had a LTC turned it to a none issue. I have not heard of anyone being asked for the LTC just for open carrying. Most the bullshit started because Art ASSavados made such a big stink and Austin being the Capitol. I'm sure a couple the police chiefs joined the chorus but ASSavados was the biggest mouth of the bunch. At least the asshole went to Houston.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 11:01:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Both campus carry and even open carry got fucked up before they got going. The guys from OCTC (the Tarret County guys that that OCT booted out) went into some Democrat's office and started threating the legislator. That was one of the first couple days in the session and after that looked like open carry was going nowhere fast.

The only way the bills got going again was Dan Patrick got behind them and gave them a go push to get going. It certainly wasn't TSRA/Alice Tripp that got them passed. Then when all the B.S. about law enforcement being able to make sure you had a LTC turned it to a none issue. I have not heard of anyone being asked for the LTC just for open carrying. Most the bullshit started because Art ASSavados made such a big stink and Austin being the Capitol. I'm sure a couple the police chiefs joined the chorus but ASSavados was the biggest mouth of the bunch. At least the asshole went to Houston.
View Quote
Don, you are a Gentleman & Great Guy...  HOWEVER...

But being glad that Art "the Fart" ASSavados is now the Police Chief in Houston is incredibly insulting to your fellow Texans in the Petro Metro!

Have some sympathy for your fellow Texans who are now forced to endure him trying to jam himself on TV at every opportunity and his unrelenting California-Austin Attack on Citizens who own and or carry guns!

Maybe Herat, Khandahar or Kabul needs a new Police Chief?
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:24:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

But being glad that Art "the Fart" ASSavados is now the Police Chief in Houston is incredibly insulting to your fellow Texans in the Petro Metro!

Have some sympathy for your fellow Texans who are now forced to endure him trying to jam himself on TV at every opportunity and his unrelenting California-Austin Attack on Citizens who own and or carry guns!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would even be a better place would be Havana for ASSavados. At least he can't run up to the Capitol every 5 minutes from Houston, plus the media here in Austin cock gobbled ASSavados like crazy.

It does say something for any city that would hire ASSavados considering he was just about fired from the CHP.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:20:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TSRA is not our friend. They are part of the mediocre old guard willing to "compromise" our Rights away.

FTSRA...

That's coming from a life member.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 12:23:57 AM EDT
[#19]
This is the reply I got back from TSRA when I ask them if they were joining Gun Owners of America and other pro-gun groups in a suit against the bump fire stock ban.

I'm certain you're aware that no association or individual wins a lawsuit against the government, not at the state level and damn sure not at the federal level....  So don't hold your breath kiddo.... Yes, I know who said what.... but again... ain't gonnna happen.... cause it can't be won.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:18:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This is the reply I got back from TSRA when I ask them if they were joining Gun Owners of America and other pro-gun groups in a suit against the bump fire stock ban.
View Quote
wow
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:56:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

wow
View Quote
Alice said in last months magazine she was in the process of bringing another lobbyist on board as her eventual replacement and was showing him the ropes. He is active in the shooting sports and all I thought of was I hope he is more on the ball than she is.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:08:19 AM EDT
[#22]
The last time I saw polling on constitutional carry, it showed something like 70% of Texas Republicans opposed it.  Those numbers are old; but you can blame TSRA all you want - that is the problem.

You don’t get successful in lobbying by demanding your supporters stand against a wall and get executed like Rinaldi.  Strickland came pretty close to the same fate.

If you want constitutional carry, you either need to elect true believers or show politicians you can re-elect them.  2018 was not that election.

In the meantime, there are 19 GOP Senators now.  So moving any gun bill (pro or against) through the Senate is going to be a challenge.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The last time I saw polling on constitutional carry, it showed something like 70% of Texas Republicans opposed it.  Those numbers are old; but you can blame TSRA all you want - that is the problem.

You don’t get successful in lobbying by demanding your supporters stand against a wall and get executed like Rinaldi.  Strickland came pretty close to the same fate.

If you want constitutional carry, you either need to elect true believers or show politicians you can re-elect them.  2018 was not that election.

In the meantime, there are 19 GOP Senators now.  So moving any gun bill (pro or against) through the Senate is going to be a challenge.
View Quote
First Not all "Republicans" own guns.  They may feel it doesn't affect me directly so they don't care

Of those who do own guns - You get a combination of those "Non-Supporting Gunowner segments":

(A) FUDDS don't see why anyone would need to actually CARRY a handgun (because they only shoot their deer rifle when they hunt or sight in at the range once a year)

(B) FUDDS who do have a CHL and don't see why anybody else doesn't have to do it exactly the way they did, with prints, classes & pay the fees and spending the time like they had to do

or

(C) FUDDS who oppose the idea that any citizen in good standing could own a pistol - I know a number of FUDDs who are proud they own a shotgun or rifle, but feel that no one (except the Police) has any business with a handgun.  These also often oppose ownership of AR-15 type rifles in your newspapers (I am a gun owner and don't see why any hunter needs a 30 round magazine to hunt deer...)

We have had the political wind at our back & the numbers to ram it through, but having Strauss in the Speakership really screwed us all.   He should receive a Democrat of the Decade award.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#24]
The lucky thing is while many Republicans and more Dems oppose it, they don’t feel passionately about it.  It isn’t a threshhold issue for them.  That’s one of the reasons we’ve made as much progress as we have.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:09:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Lets hope that the Legislature does something GREAT for us this time with Joe Strauss finally Gone!

Constitutional Carry would be awesome, but I don't see it passing, as there are a lot of rice bowls (DPS, instructors, Police) who will feel they are being shorted letting [Breathless News Announcer] "Any idiot yahoo or gang member carry a loaded pistol legally in public which puts Police & your family at risk" [/Breathless News Announcer]

Let Us Hope For The Best!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Lets hope that the Legislature does something GREAT for us this time with Joe Strauss finally Gone!

Constitutional Carry would be awesome, but I don't see it passing, as there are a lot of rice bowls (DPS, instructors, Police) who will feel they are being shorted letting [Breathless News Announcer] "Any idiot yahoo or gang member carry a loaded pistol legally in public which puts Police & your family at risk" [/Breathless News Announcer]

Let Us Hope For The Best!

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote
I heard the head of the Texas Republican Party ( last name Dicky, can't remember his first name) say Constitutional Carry is one of the big things the party is this session. Maybe there is hope to get Constitutional Carry passed.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Crossing Fingers hoping for the best ...

(but not getting my hopes too high...  yet...)
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 3:15:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I heard the head of the Texas Republican Party ( last name Dicky, can't remember his first name) say Constitutional Carry is one of the big things the party is this session. Maybe there is hope to get Constitutional Carry passed.
View Quote
My opinion: That isn’t going to happen.  Anybody telling you that is out of touch or deliberately lying.

On the hedging my comments side, Gov. Abbott has been demonstrating strategic brilliance on identifying his ideological enemies and burning their crops.  He’s pulled off a lot of moves you’ll never hear about on the news and that’s a part of why I say “strategic brilliance.”  He’s taking steps that GWB and Rick Perry never would have taken and still keeping his approval high.  If anyone can make it happen, his administration can.

On a related note, there has been some significant turnover at the executive staff level of the Attorney General lately.  Long term bureaucrats are being replaced by newcomers with no ties to the agency.  I’d normally be worried; but the current AG has been so strong on the Second Amendment that I can’t help but think it is likely an improvement.  I imagine there will be some institutional inertia to overcome though.  We’ll see.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 5:37:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My opinion: That isn’t going to happen.  Anybody telling you that is out of touch or deliberately lying.

On the hedging my comments side, Gov. Abbott has been demonstrating strategic brilliance on identifying his ideological enemies and burning their crops.  He’s pulled off a lot of moves you’ll never hear about on the news and that’s a part of why I say “strategic brilliance.”  He’s taking steps that GWB and Rick Perry never would have taken and still keeping his approval high.  If anyone can make it happen, his administration can.

On a related note, there has been some significant turnover at the executive staff level of the Attorney General lately.  Long term bureaucrats are being replaced by newcomers with no ties to the agency.  I’d normally be worried; but the current AG has been so strong on the Second Amendment that I can’t help but think it is likely an improvement.  I imagine there will be some institutional inertia to overcome though.  We’ll see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I heard was a very short interview by Dicky, and was surprised to have C.C. mentioned second, right after restricting 'tax payer paid for lobbyists'. Gives C.C. some decent chance.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Let's see if we get true CC. Some are saying this will be watered down to no LTC filing fee but you still have to pay for the class and prints and no renewal fee. This way you can still carry across state lines with reciprocity.
The true hardcore supporters are saying true CC will do away with all laws concerning what, where, how, and when you can carry. We will see.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:59:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
I live in Houston and it is very fucking insulting
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 12:28:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Acevedo is job hunting because of his inability to keep his zipper up.  He might be gone fairly soon.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 8:58:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Acevedo is job hunting because of his inability to keep his zipper up.  He might be gone fairly soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ASSavado has really pissed people off with the illegal that killed the Hispanic mom and kidnapped and raped her 12 yr. old daughter. ASSavados does not want any security on the border, he thinks giving money to thr HPD for gang prevention is the way to go. When you have gangs coming across the border 'gang prevention' does nothing.

ASsavdos was a stupid shit when he was with the CHP and wanted to become the first Hispanic head of the CHP. He had his head up Spike Hemlick's ass (and did all his dirty work) than when Hemlick got California sued so many times that final Hemlick got fired and ASSavados got pushed in the corner to stay till he could retire ( they were being nice to the assholr instead of firing him too)

ASSavados was really pushing the Texas legislature to allow drunk driving check points. When the CHP first started drunk driving check points in California they were a complete violation on the 4th Ammendment. The CHP under Hemlick/ASSavados had not only the CHP, but many local PD's got forced into joining in. The 'check points' were pulling people out of cars, searching them without warrants, blood tests without warrants. These 'check points' could be thrown up any place at any time. Many times people who could not even be written a simple infraction were held over an hour.

A group of us finally ran California through the courts up to the California Supreme Court where they ruled that the 'check points' violated citizens 4th Ammendment rights and that the legislature needs to address 'check points'. Same with Hemlick/ASSavados interpretation of the helmet law and the courts had to strike the CHP down.

ASSavados was also helping Perata/Davis/Lockyer push the 'assault weapon' bill pushed through the California Legislature. I had talked to quite a few legislators in California that told me ASSavado was in seeing them and was talking for all law enforcement in California to pass the 'assault weapon' bill
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 10:26:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
What an asshole.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 8:28:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Found the pamplet.

Link Posted: 1/13/2019 9:26:06 PM EDT
[#36]
I would put 2 above 1
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I would put 2 above 1
View Quote
2 progresses RKBA better; but 1 brings in the money you need to get to 2

My personal opinion is TSRA doesn’t honestly want #1.  And it isn’t because they are Fudds or any of that nonsense. They have a difficult political problem to solve and #1 will cost them a lot of political capital, do very little to create a base for future RKBA expansion, and will inevitably end up with at least a couple of negative media stories that hurt RKBA.

On the other hand, it does get the true believers active and engaged and you need that also.

Those of you who are annoyed because TSRA doesn’t aggressively support your policy preferences are pursuing an ineffective strategy.  TSRA can kill just about any legislation they want killed.  They can reach across the aisle and have Democrats kill their own gun control and not leave any fingerprints on the gun.  That is such an amazing ability in this day and age.

And honestly, the disrespect shown to Alice Tripp here pisses me off.  She’s put more work into RKBA than just about anyone here.  To make progress in RKBA, you need people in power.  OCT is learning some hard lessons that way right now.  And they’ve got about 30 more years of hard lessons to get where TSRA is today.

The statewide meeting for TSRA is in Georgetown in March.  If you don’t like the way things are going, show up.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 9:51:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I would put 2 above 1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I would put 2 above 1
I agree.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:47:18 AM EDT
[#39]
All the stupidity over Constitutional Carry is getting tiresome. A right surrendered to the government and then sold back to us after going through ridiculous amounts of bureaucratic horse shit is no right at all.

The Fuddthink of our gun lobbying organizations is also getting tedious. Stop living in the late 1960s and join the rest of us in the modern world. ARs are a thing. Deal with it. People choose to carry handguns for self defense in public places. Deal with it.

I'm not asking permission or paying to do what every criminal or politician gets to do for free. Not anymore.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Be aware if you hear the term permitless carry it is the same thing as constitutional carry. The terms are interchangeable.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 4:36:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

And honestly, the disrespect shown to Alice Tripp here pisses me off.  She’s put more work into RKBA than just about anyone here.  To make progress in RKBA, you need people in power.  OCT is learning some hard lessons that way right now.  And they’ve got about 30 more years of hard lessons to get where TSRA is today.
View Quote
Really? She sure sounds like the Texas Marion Hammer...
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

...  To make progress in RKBA, you need people in power.  OCT is learning some hard lessons that way right now.  And they’ve got about 30 more years of hard lessons to get where TSRA is today.

The statewide meeting for TSRA is in Georgetown in March.  If you don’t like the way things are going, show up.
View Quote
* We need to Show Up in Big Numbers in Public Meetings to support our rights.

* We need to Be Professional & Polite to help swing the middle toward us.

* We need to avoid doing - saying crazy things that scare away the very legislators and the public that we need...

We have to make progress NOW while we have the numbers & power.

All Politics is cyclical, and we need to make as much forward progress as possible while we can do so.

Joe Strauss F'ed us very badly when we were at our absolute strongest, but we still have the power to do much in this session and those to follow.

Show up, Look Good, Speak Reasonably and remember our enemies in the Media and "the other side" will look for any & every opportunity to attack us - so don't hand them any hand grenades to throw at us...

My .02 cents,

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 4:52:57 PM EDT
[#43]
OCT is learning some hard lessons that way right now. And they’ve got about 30 more years of hard lessons to get where TSRA is today.
View Quote
We will see what they have learned this go round. They are still trying to erase the damage done by Open Carry Tarrant County two sessions ago.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 8:32:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

We will see what they have learned this go round. They are still trying to erase the damage done by Open Carry Tarrant County two sessions ago.
View Quote
Hey, on the positive side - The State Capital folks got Panic Buttons due to the Wacky Antics of the Open Carry Texas "Diplomats"...
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Hey, on the positive side - The State Capital folks got Panic Buttons due to the Wacky Antics of the Open Carry Texas "Diplomats"...
View Quote
Those were the Open Carry Tarrant County clowns. Two different groups with similar names. The gentleman who authored the current carry bill is an OCT supporter.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:36:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

* We need to Show Up in Big Numbers in Public Meetings to support our rights.

* We need to Be Professional & Polite to help swing the middle toward us.

* We need to avoid doing - saying crazy things that scare away the very legislators and the public that we need...

We have to make progress NOW while we have the numbers & power.

All Politics is cyclical, and we need to make as much forward progress as possible while we can do so.

Joe Strauss F'ed us very badly when we were at our absolute strongest, but we still have the power to do much in this session and those to follow.

Show up, Look Good, Speak Reasonably and remember our enemies in the Media and "the other side" will look for any & every opportunity to attack us - so don't hand them any hand grenades to throw at us...

My .02 cents,

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote
Problem with gun owners they do not show up. The Saturday pro-gun groups had a 50 state rally at all the state capitols. For as large a state Texas is the turn out here was kind of embarrassing. We maybe had a couple hundred show up. We had not only locals but people from the DFW and Houston.

I saw the turn out in quite a few other states and many had a huge turn out. Florida had a huge turn out. One problem is gun owners want someone else to do the heavy lifting. I was one of the founders of NRA Member's Councils in California. News would come out this or that anti-gun bill and I would get asked 'what is the NRA going to do?' In California the NRA had one full time lobbyist and 3 part time lobbyists. But even with all those lobbyists you need constituents calling legislators. What we did is built a big e mail list that myself or one of the other lobbyists can be talking to a legislator and once we finish flood the office with phone calls supporting our position.

I brought this up to TSRA and they wanted to hear nothing about it. When you go in and with a legislator over say constitional carry and they say there is no support for it. Then you start flooding their office with phone calls supporting constitional carry they can't say there is no support. I had times in California when trying to stop an anti-gun bill I would ask the office staff how many times they got calls supporting the anti-gun bill and how many against. Many times it was 1 or 2 supporting, and couple thousand against. I even had legislators ask if I can make the calls stop, I told sure, just say you will vote against the anti-gun bill. I looked at it this way I never wanted an anti-gun bill to be easy to pass. Here in Texas it is the opposite I want all the pro-gun bills to pass and the legistors never second guessing themselves for supporting it.

I was really hoping constitional carry would pass last session, this session we lost a few strong supporters of the Second Ammendment. Williamson county lost 2 pro-gun legislators, we could have probably hung on to those seats if we got a bunch of people to walk for the cadidate.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:43:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Those were the Open Carry Tarrant County clowns. Two different groups with similar names. The gentleman who authored the current carry bill is an OCT supporter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OCT came across as a grassroots organization, while OCTC came across like idiots. OCTC nearly cost U.S. open carry with their bullshit. The main reason it got legs after the first crash and burn was Dan Patrick believed in open carry.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 2:40:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Problem with gun owners they do not show up. The Saturday pro-gun groups had a 50 state rally at all the state capitols. For as large a state Texas is the turn out here was kind of embarrassing. We maybe had a couple hundred show up. We had not only locals but people from the DFW and Houston.
View Quote
I didn't even know about it...  Was it posted here on the Texas H.T.F. ? ?

I think Member Lug1 had requested a show up for the 7th, but then it was a no go since the legislators were not yet in session or similar.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I didn't even know about it...  Was it posted here on the Texas H.T.F. ? ?

I think Member Lug1 had requested a show up for the 7th, but then it was a no go since the legislators were not yet in session or similar.
View Quote
It was on a Saturday last year, I met Lug1 and a couple others from DFW area there.

Lug1 and I talked about having a protest on the first day of the session, and I got it tacked to the top of the page.

We were worried the anti-gun crowd would have a protest on the first day and was worried about looking weak. Fortunately no anti's showed up. What worried me was the anti's having a big turn out and only 10-15 of us showing up.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#50]
I remember bringing my son to a Pro-Firearms Gathering at the Capital as an example of Democracy in Action.

We had a BIG turn out, Ots of People, Lots of Flags & Banners, (but this was 3 maybe 5 years back...  )

We need to get out message out with massive Gathering of Motivated People (Voters) BEFORE we get screwed, rather than protesting after the fact when we get hosed by Democrats & Liberals using the law against our freedoms...

Politicians respect the numbers of who will or won't keep them in office.   NRA had been so effective because it turned out Motivated Voters for every election, and the opposition rarely did.

Now that script is completely flipped with the Orange Shirts shouting and getting massive Media coverage and we are ignored or worse yet ridiculed when we have small turn outs...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top