Link Posted: 3/2/2021 9:41:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 9:57:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#4]
If your not committed to the Jax area maybe look at Chenega I think it's called for KSC security positions.

https://kscpartnerships.ksc.nasa.gov/Partnering-Opportunities/Capabilities-and-Testing/Support-Services/Security
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:27:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thank you. I am not locked down to any particular place, just going with the best of a bad situation.  Just trying to get a plan in place in case I don't have anything by the end of the 60 days, as I can't go home.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
If your not committed to the Jax area maybe look at Chenega I think it's called for KSC security positions.

https://kscpartnerships.ksc.nasa.gov/Partnering-Opportunities/Capabilities-and-Testing/Support-Services/Security

Thank you. I am not locked down to any particular place, just going with the best of a bad situation.  Just trying to get a plan in place in case I don't have anything by the end of the 60 days, as I can't go home.

2nd. From what I hear, they're constantly getting a ton of OT, and with your background, I bet they'd boot for a clearance for a shoo-in. The in-house private security side doesn't do bad here either at the space center, sometimes better. The contract companies are hurting for cleared guys bad enough to sponsor clearances for warm bodies too.

ETA: Your TWIC can get you work at Port Canaveral too, but I'm not too familiar with who's hiring out there right now. The only positions I've seen active lately is the gambling boat (security and ordinary seaman), and they'll help get you a Merchant Marine credential too.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:46:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#8]
During the 2020 election Jacksonville was one of the few Blue areas in the state. So if you are ok living in and around a bunch of liberals then you are gtg. Otherwise I suggest you look around some. Pensacola is a red area as is most of the Northern part of the state all the way down to Orlando and Tampa Bay Area. Ironically I live in the center of the state in Polk County which is a solid red county but both east and west of us are blue counties.
Just something for you to consider.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#9]
After all these year you are coming back? Wow, sounds like you are having to start from scratch again. That has to suck. I would help of I could but I am in Bradenton and retired now. I do hope it all shakes out well for you.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 5:54:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:40:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I know nothing of the Contractor business but I would venture to guess that Disney and other bigger park spend a pretty penny on security and such. Might be worth a try.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top