Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 9:40:38 AM EDT
[#1]

Walls are painted.  The OSB finish turned out better than expected. Sealed with one rolled on coat of Kilz (My sprayer would not handle the Zilz), then one coat of the Rustoleum premixed stuff from the local hardware store.  Paint coverage was great and I like the final look.

Still on the To-Do List:
> Moving and setting up my reloading bench and building a workbench on the wall with the personnel door.
> Shelving ... No decision on that yet  The heavy metal shelving is stupid expensive...tying to convince myself to pull the trigger on a couple of sets.
> Move all the tools and stuff from the garage.

Only half the lights are hanging in temporary locations.  Once the work benches and shelving are in place, I can figure out the final placement on the lighting.

Wife now wants to trim out around the windows and paint the foam on the ceiling and higher sections of the walls...

Afraid to run a grand total on the project....it may be better not to know.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 8:08:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Heavy metal shelving, as in pallet racks? There used to be tons of that available in Houston when the price of oil came down but it's been a while.

Link Posted: 6/4/2022 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't cover the faceplate for your service panel with OSB (it's also against code).   Otherwise, looking good!
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:13:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wouldn't cover the faceplate for your service panel with OSB (it's also against code).   Otherwise, looking good!
View Quote

It's not covered.  The panel cover is for surface mounting the panel, so there is no lip on the cover.  It's released about 1/4", but the screws are accessible and the cover can be removed with no problem.   I'm a Square-D guy.  There was nothing in stock when I was buying stuff, so I ended up with a cheapo-depot GE package, that included the cover and breakers.  Not knowing GE's nomenclature, I did not realize the cover was for a surface mount panel.    I'm too cheap to buy another cover.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:19:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Heavy metal shelving, as in pallet racks? There used to be tons of that available in Houston when the price of oil came down but it's been a while.

View Quote

I want 42" or 48" deep, with wire decking.  By the time I get extra rails and the decking, used pallet racks are no bargain in the DFW area.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 8:27:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I want 42" or 48" deep, with wire decking.  By the time I get extra rails and the decking, used pallet racks are no bargain in the DFW area.
View Quote

I like 30" deep better as I can reach all the way in for items. Lots of shelving on bidspotter.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#7]
For shelving look on Craigslist and FB Marketplace. Specifically for Lozier parts shelving. I picked some up a few years back 4'x18"x10'-O" $50-60.00 per section with 4 shelves guy had extra shelves for $5 each. It's the same shit Advance, O'Reillys uses. Infinitely adjustable and carries a shitload of weight. Look up Lozier S-Series shelving. Up to 30" depth. Also nearly indestructible with exception of water and battery acid
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 12:12:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Ended up with one section of the stuff Sam's sells for $199  6'x6'x 24" deep.  That works for a lot of my stuff, but I need a section or two of deeper...like 42".  I like plastics totes for a lot of stuff.  Use them like drawers on a big rack, without putting the lids on most.

I've never been on bidster.  I will check it out.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top