Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2021 10:45:47 PM EDT
https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/phoenix-pd-store-employee-shot-after-bystander-attempted-to-stop-shoplifter

Link Posted: 1/30/2021 11:53:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Dear god.

Know your target and what is behind it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Has shoplifting always been non-priority in Phoenix?  It's bad now-a-days.  People are just walking out of Home Depo with carts full of tools. I saw two clowns run out of Walmart carrying a 65" inch TV a couple of weeks ago.   Drugs are bad kids, and the popo can't/won't stop it.

Good times incoming.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 7:21:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Now they are saying it was an employee who was the shooter.  They shot a second employee.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:45:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Since when is property worth potentially killing someone over. It also sounds like one hell of a lawsuit for the store.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 2:26:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Since when is property worth potentially killing someone over. It also sounds like one hell of a lawsuit for the store.
View Quote

I spend my life working to purchase what I own.  Some fuck head stealing that item, just stole hours, days, or months of my life away.  Thieves deserve to COC.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:20:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Now they are saying it was an employee who was the shooter.  They shot a second employee.
View Quote

Not seeing that. Article is still calling the shooter a bystander.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Since when is property worth potentially killing someone over.
View Quote
Every time.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:29:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

My thoughts exactly in  todays sue happy society but worst is that you can be charged for using a firearm and suffer more than the thief would.Hate to say it like this today but if it aint my business and my life or someone elses aint in danger i would not draw a weapon.CCW is for protecting a life not playing police officer these days.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Stuff is replaceable, life is not. As much as I hate POS thieves and lowlifes, when I carry a gun it is in defense of life. If someone is breaking into my home or trying to carjack me that is a different story, but my moral compass isn't going to let me shoot someone over just stuff.  I know in most states if you shoot and kill someone over property you will do jail time and it sounds like the person in this story might do some time for using their gun wrong.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not seeing that. Article is still calling the shooter a bystander.
View Quote

Yeah as central just issued a correction and said the shooter wasn’t an employee.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 9:50:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Every time.
View Quote

'specially if you're stealing my shit.  Trespassers/thieves are the lowest form of human there is.

I'll fertilize my land with your corpse and tell God you're just napping.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:19:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Not a shocker: someone with a gun did not have the proper training or understanding on how to use it in the real world.

Defensive and offensive shooting is not like punching paper at the range.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not a shocker: someone with a gun did not have the proper training or understanding on how to use it in the real world.

Defensive and offensive shooting is not like punching paper at the range.
View Quote

This is why every gun carrier should receive proper training.

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 5:21:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This is why every gun carrier should receive proper training.

View Quote

Most, in my experience, rely on either a) magically growing new abilities under stress after (maybe) having fired a few rounds at a static target in a controlled environment with no standards or pressure; or b) "Once upon a time I was a badass" or "My brother is a cop" or "My cousin is a SEAL".

If people who carried firearms invested in themselves as much as they invest in seeking the approval of others (social media, social events, TV/media, expensive clothes, cars, houses, etc), they would find themselves with some pretty amazing skills and mental capabilities.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:42:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Mas Ayoob summed it up best when he argued, if you come home and find a burglar with your TV in his hands AND you live in a state that allows deadly force in property crimes, do you shoot?
If you let them go you are out a TV, if you shoot, you will still be out a TV (broken when dropped) but will need to pay to have the blood and or brains cleaned up, have your gun likely confiscated and probably be sued by the deceased's family as "He was just getting his life turned around".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top