Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2018 11:00:37 AM EDT
Are there any ranges near Houlton? I just moved here, I really want to test my 6.5 CM out to 500 (or maybe 1000) but using google i can only find stuff really far away.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 6:28:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Get to know some of the locals and I'm sure there's a potato field somewhere you can utilize.
With all the open land up that way I'm sure there's some long range shooters.
Check out the little coffee shops and stores in the morning.. there's usually a crew of regulars having a BS session. They will have some info.
As far as a regular range I can't help much but Maine is pretty gun friendly and a lot of folks shoot off their deck or out a window if'n it's raining.
Good Luck and oh yes... Welcome to Maine!
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 7:52:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Lots of people use the large power lines as a long range range. Plenty of the potato folks would probably let you use their back acreage when workers aren't present, especially if you offer to let them shoot with you.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#3]
ive got a place i wanna scope out for use south of town, i think that if i get a target a couple hundred yards up the hill (below the wind mills) and line up my shot ive got a solid backstop, and a nice range. my actual impact area would be hill side and if someone somehow managed to pop out of the woods into the firing line they would be safely below the line of fire(not that i would shoot over them, but id have a couple seconds travel between the bang of firing and the impact on paper.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 8:37:05 PM EDT
[#4]
You might even ask the local game wardens if they know of a safe area. Some wardens are very helpful when people ask.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top