Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 4/12/2021 7:12:29 PM EDT
https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/local/2021/04/12/police-shooting-reported-st-anns-hospital-circumstances-unclear/7193118002/

One bad guy dead.  He was found passed out in his vehicle and taken to the hospital to be medically checked out.  Police officers were with medics transporting him because he had an outstanding warrant.  Once in the hospital he got ahold of a handgun somehow and started shooting, police shot back and gave him a one way ticket to the morgue.

Man this town is going to the dogs, I liked Westerville a lot more 30 years ago than I do now.

Keith Ferrell, president of the Fraternal Order of Police Capitol City Lodge No. 9, praised the quick response of the officers involved and asked that the public wait to hear the facts before rushing to judgment.
View Quote

You know what that means.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:01:45 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/crime/2021/04/13/miles-jackson-man-killed-st-anns-hospital-police-shooting-westerville-ohio/7200956002/

Not a lot of new information.  There is body cam footage but hasn't been released yet.  There is a cell-phone video / audio recording from a civilian witness, the audio sounds like an exchange of gun fire.  The handgun recovered did not belong to police or hospital security.  If that's true then he had it on him when he was taken to the hospital.

50 BLM protesters met last night at the intersection of Shrock Rd. and Cleveland Ave.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:12:15 PM EDT
[#2]
You know, I don’t even know the name of the guy or his race, but him and Daunte both had a choice, and they took the stupid one.

Even if I know the police are wrong, I can defend myself in court.

Even if I’m wheeled into a hospital unconscious and realize I have a gun on me, I can call a nurse and say I was never checked for a firearm before coming in, how can we have this removed off premise in higher safest way.

Instead he goes guns blazing and is dead. Stupid, I have no sympathy.

My wife has been trying to get me to agree to moving to Sunbury for 3 years now, and it’s getting harder and harder to defend this city. The fat redhead with her fake ass sad face standing next to McDonald’s or a Walgreens pretending she’s a homeless mom is constantly given money. The bus stop by IHOP always has vagrants, bums walking around Giant Eagle parking lot asking everyone for money.

And here we have Westerville creating a new Diversity Officer position for $125k a year.

If you walk into the Kroger or Walmart on Schrock vs Kroger on RT3 and Maxtown, you’d think you just left Whitehall.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 8:37:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Protests Monday and Tuesday night at CPD HQ. I don’t have time for a summary right now.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/local/2021/04/13/protest-columbus-police-headquarters-leads-clash/7215643002/

C/P

Demonstrations continued for the second night in a row in the aftermath of police fatally shooting a Black man on Monday in a Westerville medical center.

Confrontations between police and protesters broke out Tuesday night when Columbus police deployed pepper spray around 9:15 p.m. on a group who had broken into the division's Marconi Boulevard headquarters. It appeared one person was taken into custody at the scene.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#4]
The news article is behind a paywall for me. My understanding of the situation is that CPD brought a man in custody to the hospital, dude had a firearm that was not discovered at the time of arrest, he pulled the firearm out and discharged it, then got shot and killed by the police?

Seems an odd case to draw protests if my summary above is actually correct.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#5]
That's what it sounded like from what I read this morning.  Later today someone on nextdoor.com said he had grabbed a gun from a St. Ann's security officer and took hostages and barricaded himself with them.

They protesters jumped to conclusions, they hear a Black man died at the hands of police and immediately assume he was killed without justification.  It's happened before, but this was not one of those times.  Heck, they don't want the police, or anyone for that matter, to use lethal force at all, no matter what.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 4:21:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's what it sounded like from what I read this morning.  Later today someone on nextdoor.com said he had grabbed a gun from a St. Ann's security officer and took hostages and barricaded himself with them.

They protesters jumped to conclusions, they hear a Black man died at the hands of police and immediately assume he was killed without justification.  It's happened before, but this was not one of those times.  Heck, they don't want the police, or anyone for that matter, to use lethal force at all, no matter what.
View Quote
That is the first I've heard of what is in bold and it differs from what I've heard so far.  I'm sure the story will be out in full soon.

Thanks for the reply.  This is an odd one for sure, both the event and the reaction.  I know that in this age of "feels" it doesn't need to make sense but wow, it sure sounds like the police were acting reasonably when they shot him.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's an article with body cam footage, not behind a paywall.  The body cam is from the St. Ann's security officer, the guy is on the floor in the room behind the gurney.  You can see his hands move a couple times.  St. Ann's security officer had stoppage with his S&W M&P M2.0, I assume 9mm, and had some difficulty clearing.

https://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/columbus-police-body-cam-video-of-deadly-shooting-inside-st-anns-hospital-emergency-room
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 6:07:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I grew up there... Grad in 79 WNHS

It was once a great small community....  

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 7:09:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
St. Ann's security officer had stoppage with his S&W M&P M2.0, I assume 9mm, and had some difficulty clearing.
View Quote

That was a Columbus cop.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I grew up there... Grad in 79 WNHS

It was once a great small community....  

View Quote
I agree and it was Columbus's largest suburb, I think Dublin is now.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top