Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 2:10:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah the mayor trying to pass off recent shootings as just a tiff between a couple of bad guys is wearing thin at this point. I've retired the 43 for the summer and am back to a full sized 22 with two spare mags for the winter. I keep forgetting to put old body armor back in the car ....
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 2:14:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 10:09:44 PM EDT
[#3]
baby didn't do nuffn'  
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 10:47:52 PM EDT
[#4]
“Ithaca Is Gorges Gangster”
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 10:37:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah it's truly getting ridiculous. Not sure how much longer the libs can stay in denial. I mean, every other liberal city that was screaming to second the police last year has since realized the error of their ways. Not Ithaca, though. They repainted the swat truck in plain white because some minorities found it too intimidating. The city wanted to hand it over to the county completely and the county refused to take possession of it.
This should be a case study for other liberal enclaves on how to not handle police issues
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 11:00:54 AM EDT
[#6]
They will stay in denial forever.  The politicians tell them it’s because their toilet bowl culture isn’t their fault, and recently that crime isn’t because of catch and release.  The urban scum are all complicit; they are all involved with some form of crime, and covering for their criminal and terrorist family members.  Tribal mentality prevents them from being informed, cops are bad because they arrest family members, so why listen to the chief when he says it’s repeat criminals?  They don’t want to hear it, so don’t.

Meanwhile their children are racking up multiple arrests thanks to catch and release.  What’s going to happen when this catches up and the kid gets 15 years instead of 3?   More important to a civilized society, the question is what the scum politicians see this coming home to roost?  Do you think they’ll let the average prison term double and the prison population double?  Haha. Unlikely.  So the question is how the community is going to be screwed next.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
“Ithaca Is Gorges Gangster”
View Quote

Haha!
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yeah it's truly getting ridiculous. Not sure how much longer the libs can stay in denial. I mean, every other liberal city that was screaming to second the police last year has since realized the error of their ways. Not Ithaca, though. They repainted the swat truck in plain white because some minorities found it too intimidating. The city wanted to hand it over to the county completely and the county refused to take possession of it.
This should be a case study for other liberal enclaves on how to not handle police issues
View Quote

I don’t even understand why it’s so bad. It’s not a big city.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s full of Leftists
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

They've removed any sense of consequences for bad actions. There are people who have a disconnect about the nature of crime and the mentality of criminals. They buy into the whole "bad childhood" argument or its equivalent or the "disadvantaged upbringing" or the "economic necessity" mantra. It wasn't always like this. It's just that the 60s came along and Ithaca is like that starship the Enterprise- D encountered that's been trapped in a time loop for 60 years. Lots of good stuff about the area. Lots of looniness. The latest debate this month is over regulating Air BnB rentals and for how many days out of the year. The lake crowd is getting permission to rent their lake houses for 250 days a year while the rest of the town is only getting permission for 30 days of rentals, and boy isn't that creating some rage over a perceived double standard driven by wealth...
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 2:25:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I don't even understand why it's so bad. It's not a big city.
View Quote
I imagine a big part of it is Cornell. Universities tend to be a bastion of leftist mentality and being the overwhelming presence in Ithaca, it attracts like minded people. When you look at an upstate voting map, there is this huge swath of red surrounding Tompkins County. Quite funny actually and reminds me of the 1984 election night map where the entire country was red except Mondale's home state of Minnesota that was blue. The running joke was "we know where the new missiles will be located".

As a Long Islander, our map is all over the place and flips a lot. Nassau County government was Republican. Then it went Democrat. Now it is back to Republican again on the 1st. Meanwhile the three towns that make up the county are a different animal. Oyster Bay is pretty much reliably Republican due to the oversized influence of Massapequa. Meanwhile, Hempstead has flipped back and forth. North Hempstead is solid Democrat. And Suffolk is all over the place too being a rather large county. East End rather Republican, except for the Hamptons that are filled with NYC dwellers. Then more Democrat as you head further west towards NYC but with many pockets of Republican enclaves.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:49:56 PM EDT
[#13]
A few weeks ago, there was another shooting incident a few hundred yards from where the Five Guys is. The employees that work at the local Kwik Fill (gas station) now wear lime green reflective road construction type vests. I asked one of the guys and he said after the "shooting" in their lot that the company has them wearing the vests so they look different than anyone else that might be walking around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top