Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2022 4:50:31 PM EDT
Sound off.

Edit location. My message from work was wrong.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 5:18:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, not there and didn't get called in.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a call from work for accounting. None of my folks were there.

I heard From Saturnsport8k and he is good.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#3]
My niece works there. She was shuttling people out her store’s back door. Then she went down to another store to she used to work at because she knew they had no other exit. She’s brave but we all want her out of retail.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Columbiana Center not Columbia Mall.

Another "gun-free zone"
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Columbiana Center not Columbia Mall.

Another "gun-free zone"
View Quote

Blame it on the robot call I got from work.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#6]
A friend from SLED was working a second job at the mall,said at least 6 injured,sounded like full auto fire.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Local news is reporting 10 shot,2 trampled. Three detained. I’m guessing it was gang related,section 8 housing is just up the road from the mall. There was another event outside the mall two months ago where two individuals were seen shooting up in the air.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I live 5 minutes from it.  My wife and I haven't been there for months.  Me?  Eye exam last summer.  My wife?  Christmas with me in tow with guns-n-plates**.  We fine.  We've received calls and texts from across the nation from folks we know if we good.  We good.  It's nice to talk with folks we haven't chatted with since COVID.

BTW.  I think I know who perpetrated it.  It was.  The Catholics.

eta1:  ** thru a non-posted entrance

eta2: my wife works in retail settings across the entire Columbia-Hopkins-Chapin-Newberry metroplex.  She suspects the "Catholics" from the Hurricane Katrina relocation contingent still heavy in the Broad River Road and Harbison no-tell-motel system.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#9]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Mass-Shooting-With-Several-Injured-At-South-Carolina-Mall/5-2546094/
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A friend from SLED was working a second job at the mall,said at least 6 injured,sounded like full auto fire.
View Quote

I wonder if the gun was transferable?  Hmmm.

Link Posted: 4/16/2022 7:22:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess we'll hear about another Chinese Glock switch.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 8:04:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 9:44:01 AM EDT
[#13]
That whole event was a pain in my ass. I work right off of the next interstate exit, and traffic was a cluster after LE shut down the Harbison Blvd exit ramps. The line of cars waiting to exit on Piney Grove from I26E stretched all the way to Harbison Blvd.

Then someone's old school 4Runner towing a U-Haul trailer broke down in the intersection of the overpass. That totally helped.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Jewayne M. Price, 22 under arrest charged with unlawful carry and a host of other charges:

Link Posted: 4/17/2022 11:04:21 AM EDT
[#15]
I guess Mr. Price's work as an Aunt Jemima body double dried up and he's take a hard turn.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I guess Mr. Price's work as an Aunt Jemima body double dried up and he's take a hard turn.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I've read a ton of articles and still don't know what happened. "Gang related"?

So this dude has some pending accessory to murder charge, and started popping off rounds, and he gets a $25K bond? Is this judge super woke or something?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:40:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Seems like him and a couple of guys got into a scrap. They knew each other and apparently the other guys initiated the gunfight. He got out on a 25K bail and a house arrest anklet. Re-inforces my view that thugs can't shoot straight since none of the people hit were the perpetrators and some 30 odd rounds were fired.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:12:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Murder charge pending. Ten people were shot so attempted murder times ten. 25k bail. Yup gun laws are the problem.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:45:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Devil's advocate here but with him supposedly sticking around and surrendering himself it kind of begs the question, was he illegally carrying* but actually defending himself?  If so, then who actually shot the innocent parties?  I'm sure there are lots of cameras in the mall, not like it hasn't had problems in the past but I expect it'll take some time to figure out whose rounds hit people.  

*Ridiculous gun laws are another subject.

ETA- He's claiming self defense and his lawyer (Rutherford would love to be Crump from everything I've heard) is saying he legally owned the gun but didn't have a CWP.  "People that had been threatening him for years saw him in the mall, came at him, and obviously started shooting at him," Rutherford said. (quote from link below)  Dude kinda looks like a sista so maybe he was "threatened"- who knows.  

Going to be interesting if video confirms what he's saying; I haven't seen any mention of whether he fired his gun or not.  

https://www.wltx.com/article/news/crime/columbiana-mall-shooting-suspect-acted-in-self-defense-family-say/101-35630ca4-7ee7-4b8d-99eb-f93304df3744
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I live 5 minutes from it.  My wife and I haven't been there for months.  Me?  Eye exam last summer.  My wife?  Christmas with me in tow with guns-n-plates**.  We fine.  We've received calls and texts from across the nation from folks we know if we good.  We good.  It's nice to talk with folks we haven't chatted with since COVID.

BTW.  I think I know who perpetrated it.  It was.  The Catholics.

eta1:  ** thru a non-posted entrance

eta2: my wife works in retail settings across the entire Columbia-Hopkins-Chapin-Newberry metroplex.  She suspects the "Catholics" from the Hurricane Katrina relocation contingent still heavy in the Broad River Road and Harbison no-tell-motel system.
View Quote

The side door entrance by the compactor is the door I’ve used since the mid/late 90s
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#23]
I guess the attorney, Rep. Todd Rutherford, is working to get his 'Saul Goodman' merit badge. Judge should order the accused to stay at Rutherford's place.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 2:57:42 PM EDT
[#24]
The other persons of interest didn't wait for the LEO'S to show up in order to make a statement. The active warrants thing comes to mind. Had a guy come to my place to shoot back about 15 years ago. I had worked with his dad about 30 years before that. This 28 year old seemed to be a good guy, but with 5 kids with 4 different baby mommas plus his current squeeze, he was always at war with somebody. He brought two Glocks with him, but was a poor shot with either of them. I had three plates and a paper target stand, but 50 rounds down range got him about 6 hits. Sounds like the mall shootings. I heard through the grapevine  that a couple of a daughter's ex-boyfriends popped some rounds off in a mortuary over the mom's casket. Cleared the whole place out in seconds. Ain't anywhere safe these days.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 6:17:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Confirmed.  The letter "Q" in the name.  In the old El Tee Ex comments section, we'd drink twice.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:36:50 PM EDT
[#27]
... aaand the Columbia municipal court judge denies bond for Mr Price and Mr Robinson.    I guess there's consequences now.

Mr Price skated on the fringes of the law for years:

https://www.wistv.com/2022/04/19/fact-check-criminal-history-columbiana-centre-shooting-suspect/

" Sheriff Leon Lott has spoken publicly about his concerns with what he calls a “catch and release” system. "  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top