Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2021 8:53:34 PM EDT
What’s the law on shooting outdoors after dark? Low light and no light training even an option in Illinois?

Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:34:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I've shot at Darnall's in Bloomington well after dark during a carbine course, and I've shot trap under the lights in Plainfield at a trap range.  I'd be hard pressed to believe there is a law against shooting after dark per se.  Now if you're doing something dangerous that's probably another story as far as LEO's are concerned.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 9:09:38 PM EDT
[#2]
If its your own property, no worries.  You might get a visit from the local sheriff if you're neighbors call it in.  Most ranges don't allow after dark shooting unless its a special event/class.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 10:59:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top