Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2023 4:52:22 PM EDT
Hello all,

My wife and I currently live in New Mexico and the powers to be here (now democrats) are moving to enact gun control. We are looking at the possibility of moving to a more gun friendly state. Shooting is a big part of our life and we are hoping to find a gun range to accommodate our needs.

Can anyone recommend a outdoor shooting range that we can shoot out too 600+ yards (1000y would be even better), allow steel case ammo and free of range nazi's?  

Thanks for your time!
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 8:39:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Y'all got to buy a rural acreage for all that.

Central Oklahoma got OKC gun club, tricity gun club, tbird gun range, few others out west of the metro, but all ranges are like golf courses, the all got range nazis
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 11:22:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Okay, thanks man!
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 5:08:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Tulsa area has Red Castle gun range,you have to be a member or guest of a member to use it.They have out to a thousand yards but if what I heard is true they only use the thousand yard range for competition,they have to shut down the club house because you have to shoot over it.Out to 600 yards can be used anytime.
Not sure about the range nazis it's been a long time since I've been there.I went with a friend and his dad,he had a key to the gate, we used the pistol range and didn't see anybody else while were there
it was on a week day though.   https://www.tulsaredcastlegunclub.com/default.php
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Fouled Bore goes out to a mile.
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Im also from ABQ, and previously, Phoenix... Tulsa is terrible for long range shooting unless you own property. If you just want indoor, 2A isnt bad for 25 yards. I miss having BLM land all over!
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Okc gun club just east of Edmond is what you seek.

Dues are reasonable.  Lots of facilities for rifle, pistol, and shotgun.  There's lots of competition shooting usually every weekend.  They're also extended the 600 yard range to 1,000 yards.

http://okcgunclub.org/

I'd use their location (Arcadia, OK) as ground zero when searching for a place to live.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top