Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2021 3:07:53 PM EDT
Good afternoon,

Going to visit family in Harrisonburg and wanting to sight in a new rifle and shoot some pistol. Is there anywhere within an hour drive that’s open to the public at this time of year?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:31:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Richie,

Hite hollow is just at an hour from h-burg in the national forest.

Hite Hollow Rd, Craigsville, VA 24430
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 6:48:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Richie,

View Quote

I was going to initially suggest that or the Brandywine range (which is about 30 minutes or so from Hburg), but neither are open until May.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:01:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I was going to initially suggest that or the Brandywine range (which is about 30 minutes or so from Hburg), but neither are open until May.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Richie,

Oops.  . .well ritchie it's a scenic drive that I hope you didn't have to take.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#4]
No, not that know of.  I also have family near Harrisonburg.  

At one point years past there was a small indoor pistol range I occasionally would use.  This range closed, so only the public ranges listed already are available nearby, but as mentioned, they are closed this time of year.

I assume a lot of people in the area just have family or friends with enough property to shoot on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top