Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2021 12:28:01 PM EDT
I have a friend down there interested in getting into shooting.  He said there’s a store and range in the Villages where he lives called Shooters World.   I’ve been in a very nice one in the area but not sure if that’s what he’s thinking of.  

Any feedback on Shooters World?  Or would he be better off going further away?

Thank you!
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 2:42:38 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a branch of the same store in Tampa.  My experience is that is a nice place with a lot to see.  Not necessarily the best deals but not many deals out there these days anyway.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Shooter's World in The Villages is a very nice facility, but like all the rest, it's not cheap.

We hold our annual HR218 shoots there and the staff go out of their way to make sure the shoot is a success. While there, I've watched a few of their instructors work with people and found them to be good... albeit my time watching was limited.

I've not been in there since all the panic buying BS, but prior to, they had a great selection of firearms and ammo... again, not too crazy on the price but no great deals either.

Link Posted: 2/3/2021 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I am a member. Very nice facilities, able to handle up to 50BMG and full-auto. Range officers have been very good in leaving you alone if you are competent with gun handling, quick to help/intervene for those who have "issues". Their stock of firearms is back to about two-thirds of the pre-panic normal with prices towards panic prices -- with some exceptions that are more "old" pricing. Sales on firearms sometimes are excellent pricing, ammo prices are way too high everyday and no good sales. Examples, 9mm unknown brand are usually $39.95+tax box of 50; .22LR at .39c a round.

Lots of stuff on display including a handgun "corral" with 75+ handguns you can pick up and feel. Quite a large variety of weapons and accessories for sale, rentals, gunsmith on site, coffee/juice bar, etc. -- all make it pleasant especially if your other half or family are along.

Rules are pretty typical in today's "lawyer world", most annoying is the release form process you need to go through the first time there [with $10 fee, but you get ID card for future visits].
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:04:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all of the feedback.   Not surprised at the pricing side of things in today’s climate and also I see the big, fancy stores and think overhead galore.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#5]
A comment on their ammo.  They are making the same profit margin on their ammo as when they when prices were low.   Their cost to get it went up.  They have not raised prices to make more money on it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 4:49:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm there often, it's a very nice range. The RSO are friendly and helpful, and they leave you alone if you know what you are doing.

In fact I think I'll be there Saturday afternoon.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Last Saturday went to Tampa location for G license re-qualification. It was crowded but nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top