Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2021 7:48:02 AM EDT
Stopped by Monday... they had about 10 Smith AR's M4 style 800.00 and had a fair amount of other guns as well. I did not see any ammo at all .. They had these Berretta M9 knock offs Turkey made. like 400 bucks. I almost picked one up for grins.

Nice guys in there they like to talk shop...
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 8:29:00 AM EDT
[#1]
FYI, just a personal peeve of mine.

When the family opened the first one in Cincinnati I stopped in as the NRA election coordinator for Cincy during the Bush election to meet them and provide them voter guides and other election swag.  The founder Tom Willingham refused to put out any election information because "we don't want to be political"

WTF how does any firearm business "not be political"?!?

But they have managed to do very well since then with like a dozen shops across the midwest.  Their main focus seems to be 'we are a retail store that happens to sell guns', not 'a gun store that is an asset to 2A community'

JLE
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:03:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Stopped by Monday... they had about 10 Smith AR's M4 style 800.00 and had a fair amount of other guns as well. I did not see any ammo at all .. They had these Berretta M9 knock offs Turkey made. like 400 bucks. I almost picked one up for grins.

Nice guys in there they like to talk shop...
View Quote

I work right around the corner.  There are some good guys in there.  I've got the range on lunch a number of times. I haven't been in there quite a while though since I'm afraid to shoot any of my stash.  

Good thing: they price match.  Even to amazon.

Bad thing: they require to scan your driver's license for any purchase.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#3]
The one by me has a ton of stuff in stock and rotates stock almost daily and at great prices. The prices before pandemic were always higher to me but they never really went up and now are one of the only places with reasonable prices.

They usually will have whatever you would want in stock like glocks and stuff that other shops just don't have.

Ammo not so much as guys go around buying it up everywhere but that's expected.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I won’t spend a dime ever again with any Point Blank. I needed a box of 30-30 a couple months ago. I looked 4-5 different places until I found 3 boxes there. I had shot their in the past, bought several guns, accessories, etc. However, they refused to sell me 1 box of 30-30 because I wasn’t a “member.” I could maybe understand if I was trying to buy 9mm, .223, even .22 LR. But restricting sales of 30-30 to a repeat customer?

The prices at their northeast Ohio location have always sucked, especially compared to online but even compared to other local stores.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I work right around the corner.  There are some good guys in there.  I've got the range on lunch a number of times. I haven't been in there quite a while though since I'm afraid to shoot any of my stash.  

View Quote

@Ohian  They scan your license for any purchase?  Yeah, that's probably a hard pass for me.  They're close too.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 6:33:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

@Ohian  They scan your license for any purchase?  Yeah, that's probably a hard pass for me.  They're close too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

dude every buy from Vance's?  what do you think they are doing when they take your stuff to the back?
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:11:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

dude every buy from Vance's?  what do you think they are doing when they take your stuff to the back?
View Quote

Do they take your stuff to the back to buy a cleaning kit?
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:35:41 PM EDT
[#8]
They ran my I'd through the register thing every time I bought something but so did Walmart when I used to buy ammo. I don't know how I feel about that but I'm not going to act like the higher powers don't know what I got already.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:42:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Shotar our hometown board LEO  commented in a quote. if you have a CHL they already know who you are ..
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

@digital_Chaos  I've bought at Vances once & I assumed they did when I bought a FFL item.  Typically I pay cash for my fun stuff (includeing Walmart or BW & I don' think I've ever had them take my ID there).  I know there's records of me.  I like to minimize it if possible though.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:56:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Shotar our hometown board LEO  commented in a quote. if you have a CHL they already know who you are ..
View Quote

They know who I am, but they don't need to know what I have.  That's why I use cash.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They know who I am, but they don't need to know what I have.  That's why I use cash.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IMO Honestly gents them knowing what you have is a nothing burger. if they are going to come after it.. it would not matter if you have 3 rounds of 9mm or 3000 rounds.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:04:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

IMO Honestly gents them knowing what you have is a nothing burger. if they are going to come after it.. it would not matter if you have 3 rounds of 9mm or 3000 rounds.
View Quote

Whatever.  There is no reason for Shoot Point Blank to scan my driver's license to purchase items.

Do you work there?  You're really trying hard to defend this business practice.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Whatever.  There is no reason for Shoot Point Blank to scan my driver's license to purchase items.

Do you work there?  You're really trying hard to defend this business practice.
View Quote

Nope do not work there .. I'm not defending anything bro.. chillax.. I have only been in the store once and didnt buy anything... had no clue they scanned your DL

The only thin i said was if you have CHL they know who you are. and that came from Shotar originally
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 12:08:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

@digital_Chaos  I've bought at Vances once & I assumed they did when I bought a FFL item.  Typically I pay cash for my fun stuff (includeing Walmart or BW & I don' think I've ever had them take my ID there).  I know there's records of me.  I like to minimize it if possible though.
View Quote

For firearm purchases they do scan your id for their "internal" form.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top