Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2021 12:25:48 PM EDT
7551 Mall Rd
Florence, KY 41042
(859) 208-0405

Why would they have to scan my driver's license to buy some kids sized plastic ammo cans?  Just ridiculous.

Good thing I didn't buy a gun, they may have wanted DNA.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
7551 Mall Rd
Florence, KY 41042
(859) 208-0405

Why would they have to scan my driver's license to buy some kids sized plastic ammo cans?  Just ridiculous.
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/cp0/e15/q65/p235x350/196054281_4731156753577530_6292724632975566784_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=wagK4heqEnAAX8i5Xnl&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=7c88df54b54e103dc2fc86ab5ac7900f&oe=612CC005
View Quote

Sounds a bit sketchy.  Especially for a can.

I'm used to having to show my license for ammo, but that's because where I live is right on the border with Illinois.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
7551 Mall Rd
Florence, KY 41042
(859) 208-0405

Why would they have to scan my driver's license to buy some kids sized plastic ammo cans? Just ridiculous.
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/cp0/e15/q65/p235x350/196054281_4731156753577530_6292724632975566784_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=wagK4heqEnAAX8i5Xnl&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=7c88df54b54e103dc2fc86ab5ac7900f&oe=612CC005
View Quote

There are several reasons why.

1. This is a product commonly purchased to stockpile ammunition.
2. This product displays an image or likeness of an image which is commonly used or displayed by white supremacists, hate groups, racists and radicals organizations.
3. This product could be used as a container for a radioactive "dirty" bomb.
4. You are breathing air that is regulated by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Agency (NOAA) and therefore you are subject to enhanced scrutiny.
5. The air you are breathing is mixed with air that once hung over the US Capitol building and is associated with the Jan. 6th "Insurrection" so you must be closely watched.
6. One or more of the highways you used to get to 7551 Mall Rd., Florence, KY 41042 was paid for by state and/or federal dollars. This makes you a probable "person of interest" and subject to strict scrutiny.
7. The child that this product was bought for probably attends a state or federally funded institution of learning and this product might be brought into a "school zone" (within 1000 miles of any public, private or church school, College or university).
8. You are not an employee of the federal government and therefore automatically suspicious.
9. You are probably a Trump supporter and therefore automatically guilty of "something".
10. You are probably a Republican and therefore a Trump supporter. (see #9)
11. You are not a family member of Joe Biden or Nancy Pelosi.
If you don't fall into any of these categories there are many more factors that could make put you on this "watch list". The serial number of your purchase has been recorded for our archives.
Thank you for buying from Shoot Point Blank.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I "Karened" the manager and he said it's not required but they are doing it anyways.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I "Karened" the manager and he said it's not required but they are doing it anyways.
View Quote

I hope you told him that it was unacceptable and that you wouldn't be back..
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had to say something, unlike this new generation of sissies.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 7:42:13 PM EDT
[#7]
It's apparently a big  group of ranges/shops.

Contact them and ask "what the fuck?" and see what their corporate says.

https://shootpointblank.com/contact-support
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 1:11:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Haha no, shove the can up your ass.
View Quote

That would have the most polite thing I would have said..
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 10:34:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There are several reasons why.

1. This is a product commonly purchased to stockpile ammunition.
2. This product displays an image or likeness of an image which is commonly used or displayed by white supremacists, hate groups, racists and radicals organizations.
3. This product could be used as a container for a radioactive "dirty" bomb.
4. You are breathing air that is regulated by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Agency (NOAA) and therefore you are subject to enhanced scrutiny.
5. The air you are breathing is mixed with air that once hung over the US Capitol building and is associated with the Jan. 6th "Insurrection" so you must be closely watched.
6. One or more of the highways you used to get to 7551 Mall Rd., Florence, KY 41042 was paid for by state and/or federal dollars. This makes you a probable "person of interest" and subject to strict scrutiny.
7. The child that this product was bought for probably attends a state or federally funded institution of learning and this product might be brought into a "school zone" (within 1000 miles of any public, private or church school, College or university).
8. You are not an employee of the federal government and therefore automatically suspicious.
9. You are probably a Trump supporter and therefore automatically guilty of "something".
10. You are probably a Republican and therefore a Trump supporter. (see #9)
11. You are not a family member of Joe Biden or Nancy Pelosi.
If you don't fall into any of these categories there are many more factors that could make put you on this "watch list". The serial number of your purchase has been recorded for our archives.
Thank you for buying from Shoot Point Blank.
View Quote

Took me a minute to understand what I was reading, nicely done!

And that is some BS to scan DL for an empty ammo box
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's apparently a big  group of ranges/shops.

Contact them and ask "what the fuck?" and see what their corporate says.

https://shootpointblank.com/contact-support
View Quote

Hit it, F those guys.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 4:16:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Now, Now, Let us not cause a scene.    Please don't put anything into writing that could potentially be alarming.   You don't want to end up with police at your home or work.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm a bit late to this, but, why plastic cans, OP?
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 10:37:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Hit it, F those guys.
View Quote

Did, waiting for a reply.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 10:38:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Now, Now, Let us not cause a scene.    Please don't put anything into writing that could potentially be alarming.   You don't want to end up with police at your home or work.
View Quote

I assure you, I was very very businesslike and polite.  But your concern is noted and appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 12:16:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I assure you, I was very very businesslike and polite.  But your concern is noted and appreciated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why wouldn't the same work for me then?    Hmmm...  
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 12:27:29 AM EDT
[#16]
No one should write anything hostile.  

If you are in the store and carrying don't say anything as it will create a scene.   No one wants the police involved.

It is probably best just to take ones business elsewhere and encourage others to do likewise.

Let us not create a negative image of firearms owners.

Link Posted: 8/7/2021 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Here is their response-

-"Hi XX,

We do this mainly to have proof of purchase that we are abiding the law and only selling items to individuals who are of age. We also use this to track receipts and transactions incase someone misplaces their receipt. We can locate it easier. We also use ID's to identify memberships.

If you have other questions or need assistance, please reach out!
Live Confidently, Customer Experience Coordinator "-

Part of that is sheer nonsense. What does it matter if you sell a "Toy" ammo can or say, duck decoy to someone under 18?
But the bit about tracking customers/memberships I have seen at other businesses. (Kroger card anyone?) it just seems this place has decided to use the DL as a secondary ID tied to whatever membership card /system they have.

Personally, I would still be very leery of it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm a bit late to this, but, why plastic cans, OP?
View Quote

Something for the kids man.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 10:27:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hit it, F those guys.

Nothing
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 10:40:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Nothing
View Quote

Their reply is right above your posts.  You may have missed it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:31:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Bought some ammo there, had to do the same thing. Odd.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 2:10:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Bought some ammo there, had to do the same thing. Odd.
View Quote

Parts of West Kentucky, bordering Illinois, you'll get shops asking to see your DL, but not copying it.
Taking the DL number down feels like pre '86, when gunshops were required to keep records of what ammo was sold .
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Something for the kids man.
View Quote

Fair enough.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 3:38:34 PM EDT
[#24]
So what happens if you politely decline to let them scan your DL? Will they not sell you the item?

I haven't run into this, but I do get stores that task for a phone number at the register. I either tell them I don't give it out or I say 223-308-3006 quickly enough that it sounds legit.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 10:48:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Was a member at the original PB in Cincinnati when it first opened. Dropped my membership after about 2 months. Reason was they gave me and my wife a dose of shit for picking up our brass after shooting on the range. Also had hard time reserving a lane, unlike what they promised. Guy even grabbed me by the shoulder as I was picking up my brass, then got on me about it. Heard some other shit about the ownership that further made me despise PB. I for one hope they go out of business.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Was a member at the original PB in Cincinnati when it first opened. Dropped my membership after about 2 months. Reason was they gave me and my wife a dose of shit for picking up our brass after shooting on the range. Also had hard time reserving a lane, unlike what they promised. Guy even grabbed me by the shoulder as I was picking up my brass, then got on me about it. Heard some other shit about the ownership that further made me despise PB. I for one hope they go out of business.
View Quote

Ive been meaning to check out their Louisville range.

Based on this, I think I'll skip it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have been to all 3 locations mentioned.   I had never had bad experience at any of those.  Actually, I liked them.

However, things change and not always for the better.

Link Posted: 8/31/2021 7:31:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I have been to all 3 locations mentioned.   I had never had bad experience at any of those.  Actually, I liked them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I make ALL of my own ammo.

I have zero tolerance for minimum wage slugs who want to tell me I can't have my own brass.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I have zero tolerance for minimum wage slugs who want to tell me I can't have my own brass.
View Quote

Ouch, they play that too?
yeah, no thanks.  I've had to turn my own brass for some of what I own.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 10:53:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would seem to follow the ar15.com  rule  of their business,  their rules.    But,  that applies to customers like you just as much.  

Each person / organization  has to make their own decisions.   Neither party is infringing on the basic rights  of others.

Link Posted: 8/31/2021 10:54:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the bigger question  is if customers  can carry there?    

Link Posted: 9/1/2021 1:27:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh, they pull "all brass becomes property of this establishment" bullshit..

Fuck them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 1:31:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Oh, they pull "all brass becomes property of this establishment" bullshit..

Fuck them.
View Quote

Don't go to a GSSF match then.

I don't agree with it on principal but if you know prior then you can plan around it. Don't take super expensive Laupa brass there
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 3:03:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I think the bigger question  is if customers  can carry there?    

View Quote

Their nearest location is way east of me, one of you to the east might check with them.

Haven't run into a place out this way that seems to care.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 3:10:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Knob creek range doesn't  allow the carry of loaded  weapons  on the range.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Knob creek range doesn't  allow the carry of loaded  weapons  on the range.
View Quote

That must make for some interesting shooting sessions.
I'm guessing they mean "no loaded sidearms"?
One of the big MG shoots in Arizona had to instate that rule after some knucklehead shot himself in the ass and leg with a 1911 during a night shoot.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 8:06:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Don't go to a GSSF match then.

I don't agree with it on principal but if you know prior then you can plan around it. Don't take super expensive Laupa brass there
View Quote

I don't.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top