Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2021 7:39:59 AM EDT
No issues with shipping a registered AWB receiver out of state to an FFL directly from me, correct?  I seem to remember that there was no need to go through an FFL for this, but it's been awhile...
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:50:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Should be legal to ship directly to the FFL/gun dealer for repair.

Sec. 53-202f. Transportation and transfer of assault weapon. Authorized actions of gun dealer, manufacturer, pawnbroker or consignment shop operator.

(c) (1) Any licensed gun dealer, as defined in subsection (f) of this section, or a federally-licensed firearm manufacturer may take possession of any assault weapon for the purposes of servicing or repair from any person to whom has been issued a certificate of possession for such weapon pursuant to sections 53-202a to 53-202k, inclusive.

(f) The term “licensed gun dealer”, as used in sections 53-202a to 53-202k, inclusive, means a person who has a federal firearms license and a permit to sell firearms pursuant to section 29-28.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:51:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry if I wasn't clear...I am selling the receiver.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 10:00:31 AM EDT
[#3]
No issue whatsoever as long as said FFL will accept the transfer from an individual.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 10:51:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry if I wasn't clear...I am selling the receiver.
View Quote

Ah the details left out. Not an issue either. Just check with the out of state FFL to make sure they'll accept or receive the firearm from an individual and they'll likely have specific shipping instructions too.

Some apparently try to go the extra step and contact SLFU to get the AW cert changed, removed, nullified, destroyed, etc. But there is no requirement one do so when selling out of state.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everyone
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 5:47:07 PM EDT
[#6]
If they are preban you registered for some reason try to sell them in state!
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If they are preban you registered for some reason try to sell them in state!
View Quote

It wasn’t.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top