Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2018 3:07:21 PM EDT
Hey guys, I checked here about a year ago and I just wanted to confirm that it is still legal to sell and send Pre-Ban mags to folks in Massachusetts with a Class A license.  I have a buyer who just joined the site in February wanting to buy some mags I'm selling and my Spidey sense is tingling just a bit.  How do I make sure this transaction is completely above board?
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Prebans with a class A are still good to go, for now anyway.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 9:27:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Have him text you a come of his LTC if it makes you feel better.  there’s no fallback on you, it would be him in possession.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  I think we are sorted.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 8:03:59 PM EDT
[#4]
How can they tell a pre-an vs post-ban magazine?  Since the national AWB sunset most magazines no longer have a manufacturing date on them.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 8:46:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Most companies have different generation mags as they improve over time, older sigs hav the “zipper” on the back spine, Glocks were U notch, then square notch, ambit cuts and more.

General consensus is if the gun and mags were made at the time of the ban and there’s no markings then it would be on the state to prove your guilt.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 3:54:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Would 9mm Uzi mags converted for AR-15 use be of any use in MA?
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would 9mm Uzi mags converted for AR-15 use be of any use in MA?
View Quote
I’m sure they would, myself and I know there’s several others who have dedicated 9mm lowers that accept colt/uzi mags. Post them up in the MA EE.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#8]
How do I post in a state specific EE?
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 7:44:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How do I post in a state specific EE?
View Quote
1) Go to the hometown forum.

2) Click on whichever state you want.

3) At the top, highlighted in red it says "EE by state".

4) It will have a drop down menu to choose an option or state.

And I should clarify as I've never personally used it, I don't know if you can post something for just one state. Now that i'm actually looking at this it seems to just be an option to search for items locally from other MA residents and not a place to post items for sale.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 6:47:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 6:07:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

1) Go to the hometown forum.

2) Click on whichever state you want.

3) At the top, highlighted in red it says "EE by state".

4) It will have a drop down menu to choose an option or state.

And I should clarify as I've never personally used it, I don't know if you can post something for just one state. Now that i'm actually looking at this it seems to just be an option to search for items locally from other MA residents and not a place to post items for sale.
View Quote
This is what I found as well.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have been trying to convince the powers that be to let us run an EE here in the MA HTF for we have specifics that not many states have.  However, my attempts have fallen short.  But I still try.
View Quote
That sounds like a good option.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I posted them a few days ago in the AR15 magazine section.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top