Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2019 8:48:46 PM EDT
Full schedule here.

If you care about the second amendment, plan to be there. Bring your spouses, kids, brothers, sisters, parents, cousins, friends, and strangers. Well, maybe not strangers.

Let's have a strong showing and request that Senator Braun stands firm on any anti-2A bills that hit the senate floor.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Woooo!  The excitement is in the air!

This link, which I got from a member in a different board, shows their entire schedule.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 9:06:59 PM EDT
[#2]
He's already heard from me on multiple occasions after the bullshit statement he put out the other day about toughening background checks and other bullshit
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 10:58:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He's already heard from me on multiple occasions after the bullshit statement he put out the other day about toughening background checks and other bullshit
View Quote
Did not see that particular statement, but I have contacted him multiple times this year as a preemptive measure.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 6:50:38 AM EDT
[#4]
He posted on Facebook a few days back that he supported those stupid red flag laws
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He posted on Facebook a few days back that he supported those stupid red flag laws
View Quote
Doesn't surprise me.  SEN Young does too and takes pride for his rule in implementing that law in Indiana.  I don't know how we came up with two weaklings from our great state.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 12:15:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Doesn't surprise me.  SEN Young does too and takes pride for his rule in implementing that law in Indiana.  I don't know how we came up with two weaklings from our great state.
View Quote
I don't either. I didn't know that Young had a hand in authoring the red flag law that we have here.

I have come to the inescapable conclusion that there really are no politicians that are on our side when it comes to firearms.

Hell the Republicans in this state were proud when they passed the internet tax law that fucks us over now when we buy stuff on the internet. Makes you wonder how much money was shoveled under the table to them from that mall owner in Indianapolis that got the ball rolling on that internet tax bill.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have come to the inescapable conclusion that there really are no politicians that are on our side when it comes to firearms.
View Quote
I am usually an optimistic person, but I have arrived at the same conclusion, and it's only about firearms alone, but rights in general.  Our elected representatives see themselves as doers and leaders; thus, they measure their success with positive action (i.e.: the more laws they pass, the better).  In the course of this overachiever mindset, they ignore their boundaries and trample on rights that transcend their power and authority.  Ultimately, we are at fault for letting it happen.  Nations get the government they deserve, and we are no exception.

My fear is not leaving this place a better place for my children.

I see it on this board and elsewhere frequently where people complain about how their children turned out.  Honestly, we only have ourselves to blame.  We allowed marxists to convince us that our wives should work and that our kids should be educated by the state.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 2:43:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Woah, we have red flag laws here? So a neighbor could call on me if I was shooting on my own land, and they could just take them if my neighbors didn't like me?

I like this last quote. Sgt. Walker tells us we can never know how many shootings Indiana’s Red Flag Law may have prevented, but he’s confident it has prevented at least some.

It should read like this, "Sgt. Walker tells us we can never know how many rights we've trampled on, but he’s confident even though people's rights were violated, is that he's okay with enforcing it because of his dental plan.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Reminder for Central Indiana members:

Noblesville
Thursday, August 15 at 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Hamilton County Library East – Noblesville Branch
One Liberty Plaza
Noblesville, IN

I hope to you see there tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Just got back. Based on what I heard about the Anderson event, I expected to see a troop of commies (troop in the monkeys sense), but there weren't many.

There was one lady who whispered something to the staffer about her ideas of how red flag laws should work. Left like a snake after seeing our large family. There was also an old piece of shit who wanted to regulate ammunition because 2A only covers guns. The staffer mostly ignored him, but wanted to know more about our family. My wife, brother, and sister-in-law represented the pro-liberty contingent. I was there for almost an hour, but not much going on. Spent a lot of time talking with the staffer, who seemed to enjoy talking with us and sort ignored the old piece of shit. Obviously, not a measure of success, but it could have been worse. Numbers-wise, it was pathetic. We should have filled the whole library.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just got back. Based on what I heard about the Anderson event, I expected to see a troop of commies (troop in the monkeys sense), but there weren't many.

There was one lady who whispered something to the staffer about her ideas of how red flag laws should work. Left like a snake after seeing our large family. There was also an old piece of shit who wanted to regulate ammunition because 2A only covers guns. The staffer mostly ignored him, but wanted to know more about our family. My wife, brother, and sister-in-law represented the pro-liberty contingent. I was there for almost an hour, but not much going on. Spent a lot of time talking with the staffer, who seemed to enjoy talking with us and sort ignored the old piece of shit. Obviously, not a measure of success, but it could have been worse. Numbers-wise, it was pathetic. We should have filled the whole library.
View Quote
When and where do they come around Corydon?
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Check the link in the original post for the full list.  I don't recognize every town there, so you may want to see for yourself what is closest to Corydon.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Well Senator Braun is about useless

Thank you for contacting my office regarding Second Amendment protections to keep and bear arms. I appreciate hearing from you.

I am an avid hunter, a National Rifle Association member, and stand 100 percent in support of the Second Amendment. In the Senate, I will oppose any efforts to restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners and will protect their ability to defend themselves and their families in life-threatening situations. Because of this, I have co-sponsored S. 69, the Constitutional Carry Reciprocity Act, S. 1506, a bill to permit those complying with state firearm laws to carry, and S. 351, the Gun Owners Registration Information Protection Act.

I am deeply troubled, though, by the recent shootings that took place in El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio. Simply put, there is no place for the hate that motivated these attacks in our great country. Americans are collectively grieving the loss of our fellow citizens to senseless violence. My wife Maureen and I are praying for the victims and survivors of these horrific events.

I know that the federal government’s most fundamental responsibility is to keep citizens safe. As a United States Senator, public safety is therefore a top priority. Steps must be taken to ensure that the mentally ill and those who wish to do others harm are not able to legally purchase and possess firearms to commit violent acts.

Mass shootings and gun violence across the country create complex situations, and I believe that we need solutions to prevent those who only wish to do others harm from gaining access to dangerous weapons. First and foremost, I believe our existing laws need to be fully enforced. Second, I believe a meaningful legislative solution would include reforms to strengthen background checks, extreme risk protection orders and commonsense restrictions on modifications that allow legal firearms to function like fully automatic military style weapons. Lastly, we as Americans must take the time required to address and respond to the part of our culture that glorifies violence and instead empower communities to focus mental health services.

Any legislation that I support or vote for will have to be constructed in a way that protects law-abiding Americans’ access to their Second Amendment rights. As I consider any currently proposed legislation, I will keep your thoughts in mind.

Thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to serve as your U.S. Senator from Indiana. Please keep in touch with me on issues of concern to you. You can also follow me on Twitter or Facebook for real-time updates on my activities in the U.S. Senate. If I ever may be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Mike Braun
U.S. Senator

P.S. This message was sent by email to save taxpayer dollars.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thank you for contacting my office regarding Second Amendment protections to keep and bear arms. I appreciate hearing from you.

I am an avid hunter, a National Rifle Association member, and stand 100 percent in support of the Second Amendment. In the Senate, I will oppose any efforts to restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners and will protect their ability to defend themselves and their families in life-threatening situations. Because of this, I have co-sponsored S. 69, the Constitutional Carry Reciprocity Act, S. 1506, a bill to permit those complying with state firearm laws to carry, and S. 351, the Gun Owners Registration Information Protection Act.

I am deeply troubled, though, by the recent shootings that took place in El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio. Simply put, there is no place for the hate that motivated these attacks in our great country. Americans are collectively grieving the loss of our fellow citizens to senseless violence. My wife Maureen and I are praying for the victims and survivors of these horrific events.

I know that the federal government’s most fundamental responsibility is to keep citizens safe. As a United States Senator, public safety is therefore a top priority. Steps must be taken to ensure that the mentally ill and those who wish to do others harm are not able to legally purchase and possess firearms to commit violent acts.

Mass shootings and gun violence across the country create complex situations, and I believe that we need solutions to prevent those who only wish to do others harm from gaining access to dangerous weapons. First and foremost, I believe our existing laws need to be fully enforced. Second, I believe a meaningful legislative solution would include reforms to strengthen background checks, extreme risk protection orders and commonsense restrictions on modifications that allow legal firearms to function like fully automatic military style weapons. Lastly, we as Americans must take the time required to address and respond to the part of our culture that glorifies violence and instead empower communities to focus mental health services.

Any legislation that I support or vote for will have to be constructed in a way that protects law-abiding Americans’ access to their Second Amendment rights. As I consider any currently proposed legislation, I will keep your thoughts in mind.

Thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to serve as your U.S. Senator from Indiana. Please keep in touch with me on issues of concern to you. You can also follow me on Twitter or Facebook for real-time updates on my activities in the U.S. Senate. If I ever may be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Mike Braun
U.S. Senator

P.S. This message was sent by email to save taxpayer dollars.
That's the rational conclusion, but the optimist in me says that he's trying to be ambiguous until this dies off.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 1:54:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That's the rational conclusion, but the optimist in me says that he's trying to be ambiguous until this dies off.
View Quote
I'm trying to tell myself that but as a whole I don't trust any politician.

I always hope for the best, unfortunately life has taught me to expect the worst
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top