Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/13/2021 8:55:18 PM EDT
Link here

Just a friendly reminder to write to your local politicians and put pressure on them and make our voices heard. May not do a whole lot but we have to at least try.

Edit: it's going to Polis' desk. Almost guaranteed that he'll sign it but it doesn't hurt to send him a message encouraging him to veto it. Thanks for the links Kalmah

https://www.colorado.gov/governor/share-comments

https://www.colorado.gov/governor/contact-us
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 5:13:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump bump bump.

Cuz I don’t think this is getting the attention it needs
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there going to be any recourse of this?  Beyond a massive election sweep in '22?  I honestly don't see how this won't get passed and signed.

State preemption was a core tenant to the CCW law, precisely because it would protect carriers from breaking the law just because they crossed the street into another municipality with less than friendly attitudes to self-defense.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 11:32:02 AM EDT
[#3]
It’s going to pass, that’s a foregone conclusion.

There will be a lawsuit filed immediately after it is and I would be extremely shocked if a temporary injunction isn’t granted given how much upheaval would occur if the law is allowed to go into effect only to be overturned.

The court won’t be able to sort it out before 2022 which means the best hope is to get enough votes to repeal it either through flipping seats or putting enough fear into current legislators.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:42:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Both my state senator and house rep will vote against it, so there's no point in my contacting them.  

But I will contact the sponsors of the bill and try to explain why the bill is a bad idea.  Of course, I'll just be pissing in the wind because logic and reason are completely lost on Democrats.  But it's worth a try.

Here are the prime sponsors of the bill if anyone else wants to contact them.  

Link Posted: 5/18/2021 2:28:44 PM EDT
[#5]
It has passed the Senate according to a NRA/ILA email.

I have contacted my Rep on this, I'm sure he's gonna vote No.

I am a little out of the political loop these days, but if any of y'all know of some moderate Dems in the House please post the names so I can (respectfully) contact them and ask for their opposition.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 10:13:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s going to pass, that’s a foregone conclusion.

There will be a lawsuit filed immediately after it is and I would be extremely shocked if a temporary injunction isn’t granted given how much upheaval would occur if the law is allowed to go into effect only to be overturned.

The court won’t be able to sort it out before 2022 which means the best hope is to get enough votes to repeal it either through flipping seats or putting enough fear into current legislators.
View Quote

Unfortunately, this is correct. The Ds give fewer Fs about others' rights than the Rs.  Remember, they gave themselves a blank check with the "balance of rights and safety" false choice invention.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 3:27:51 PM EDT
[#7]
It passed the Senate. On to the House now.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It passed the Senate. On to the House now.
View Quote

Well fuck.

My heart and soul weep for my beloved home state.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 11:29:50 AM EDT
[#9]
"The power granted to local governments by the bill is so broad that it would appear to allow outright bans on possession of firearms and ammunition in the home, or anywhere else."

This is bigger than CCW folks.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 1:52:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"The power granted to local governments by the bill is so broad that it would appear to allow outright bans on possession of firearms and ammunition in the home, or anywhere else."

This is bigger than CCW folks.
View Quote
The inks not even going to be dry and lawsuits will already be waiting.

This is so unbelievably over reaching its not even funny.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:31:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

u-haul time, bud.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 12:13:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

u-haul time, bud.
View Quote

Can we not derail this thread like the other one? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Our "betters" DGAF.  If/when it goes to the CO Supreme Court, the judges will just say something along the lines of "it's for 'public safety,' so it's okay" (similar to the BS sophomoric ruling on mags).
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 2:29:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Colorado sees fit to ignore laws it doesn't like, so I'll willfully ignore this one.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#15]
What a liberal shithole this place is becoming.

We need a huge pushback and soon.

What a fuckibg joke, even the Supreme Court in IL shot this down a few years ago but here we are in CO.

Link Posted: 5/24/2021 3:27:50 PM EDT
[#16]
The Dems have an even bigger majority in the House than they do in the Senate, so it'll easily pass the House.  

The next step for us would be contacting Polis and asking him to veto the bill when it reaches his desk.  

https://www.colorado.gov/governor/share-comments

https://www.colorado.gov/governor/contact-us

Whether you phone or email, be polite and respectful.  

If you email, get right to the point and be as brief as possible.  I'm sure the governor's office receives hundreds of emails a day, they're not going to spend any significant amount of time reading each one.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:24:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Can anyone help getting an ammendment to the CO constitution on the ballot making 2a absolute?
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Colorado sees fit to ignore laws it doesn't like, so I'll willfully ignore this one.
View Quote

It's objectively moral to ignore laws which ignore rights.*

*that doesn't mean that the state won't use force against you if you do.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Can anyone help getting an ammendment to the CO constitution on the ballot making 2a absolute?
View Quote

2x m

I think that this state has reached critical dumb mass/statist.  It could make it on the ballot, but it's unlikely to pass.  I say that because of my first sentence in this post and that fact that the national popular vote repeal failed.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 6:42:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

2x m

I think that this state has reached critical dumb mass/statist.  It could make it on the ballot, but it's unlikely to pass.  I say that because of my first sentence in this post and that fact that the national popular vote repeal failed.  
View Quote

How about getting a toll-road ban on the same ballot so people turn out?
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#21]
What's f'ed is that sh!t laws already on the books like the mag ban are blatantly immoral and unconstitutional, but they don't care.  Now we can expect even more egregious BS under the guise of "local control," which is actually local tyranny.  Be sure to claim local control at the individual residence level.  

https://www.coloradopolitics.com/legislature/bill-allowing-local-governments-to-pass-stricter-gun-laws-clears-legislature-heads-to-polis-desk/article_acc1dbce-c4b2-11eb-8461-bb1d846a5b17.html

It's heading to King Jared's desk...
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Contact the governor's office and ask Polis to veto the bill.  I posted links to contact information up above.  

Of course, Polis won't veto it.  He never met a Dem crafted bill he didn't like.  But hey, it's worth a shot, and it only takes a few minutes of your time.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Bump to remind folks to respectfully ask Gov. Polis to veto SB 256.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 8:21:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

u-haul time, bud.
View Quote

Other than the idiots legislating this crap, people like you are the problem. Way to contribute.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 7:33:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Is there any chance the governor will veto it?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 7:36:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/13/2021 9:57:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/vladimir-putin-laughing_zpsov82lsef_GIF-129.gif

That's about what I thought.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 11:20:58 AM EDT
[#28]
This place is turning into another Californiastan.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 12:28:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This place is turning into another Californiastan.
View Quote

Yup, can't wait to see what kind of BS Denver and Boulder put on the books.

Do the Denver cops enforce any of the existing gun laws? Would hate to get pulled over passing thru there, truck searched and my truck gun siezed as contraband.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 10:47:57 PM EDT
[#30]
I’m actually delighted.  Before this law, it was “let’s have a fight between state high priced lawyers and us.”

Now every stupid motherfucker that scraped up 4 votes to win a local election is going to pass gun control laws that go way overboard and then hire their cousin Carl to fight us because he just managed a law degree by mail order.  

It will either end us or end them.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 9:43:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Do the Denver cops enforce any of the existing gun laws? Would hate to get pulled over passing thru there, truck searched and my truck gun siezed as contraband.
View Quote

Your CCW will be flagged, you will get pulled over, searched, and face charges which will then be used against you to revoke your CCW

Thats the plan
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#32]
This happened in VA in 2020.  

Don't stop fighting the gun grabbers on all fronts.

Like zombies, they never stop coming.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 1:38:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Comrade Polesmoker signed it.  

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/06/19/colorado-governor-three-gun-bills-boulder-shooting/

Expect absolutely insane gun control in Boulder, Denver, and other similar places the next few years.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 8:38:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Better get this on court and fucking fast.

This state is trying to force people to make dick cakes and into the CJ system

CCW holders prepare to be targeted.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Granted I'm no lawyer, but what grounds do we have to toss this in the courts? State Legislation passed preemption in 2003, and now they took it away 18 years later.

Link Posted: 6/20/2021 10:25:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Fight back for local control of magazine capacity allowances etc.

The state can’t have it both ways
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 9:59:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Fight back for local control of magazine capacity allowances etc.

The state can’t have it both ways
View Quote

True local control is at the individual level.  What got passed is local tyranny.  The (illegitimate) law also prohibits local govts. from passing anything less restrictive than state law.

For those of you wondering about legal challenges, the judicial system and judges here are a joke.  Like the mag ban, they'll say it's a "safety" issue and doesn't violate your rights because... they said so.   They've given themselves blank checks and are using them more blatantly than in the past.  We've all read their mental gymnastics.

Signed,
Old Man Yelling at Clouds
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 10:02:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Comrade Polesmoker signed it.  

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/06/19/colorado-governor-three-gun-bills-boulder-shooting/

Expect absolutely insane gun control in Boulder, Denver, and other similar places the next few years.
View Quote

I can almost guarantee that Broomfield will try to out-boulder Boulder.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 11:08:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

True local control is at the individual level.  What got passed is local tyranny.  The (illegitimate) law also prohibits local govts. from passing anything less restrictive than state law.

For those of you wondering about legal challenges, the judicial system and judges here are a joke.  Like the mag ban, they'll say it's a "safety" issue and doesn't violate your rights because... they said so.   They've given themselves blank checks and are using them more blatantly than in the past.  We've all read their mental gymnastics.

Signed,
Old Man Yelling at Clouds
View Quote

Yep, the courts in Colorado have backed their play for years now because most of the appointed positions have been appointed by leftists.  All the legislature has to do is slap their 'safety' clause in the law so that their constituents can't back it out with a vote and it seems to be cast in stone.  Hopefully the cases currently stuck in the 9th (magazines and ar-15s) make it out and onward to SCOTUS before the leftists pack the SC.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 3:23:20 PM EDT
[#40]
I was considering moving to CO, this just nixed that completely. Not that they give a shit.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I was considering moving to CO, this just nixed that completely. Not that they give a shit.
View Quote

Why are you leaving ID?
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Peaceable journey is codified in CO state law.

None of the bills signed make it illegal to travel through a particular city if you’re in compliance with state law regardless of what bullshit laws that city may impose on the people who live there.

As bad as the new law is for the people who are living in garbage parts of the state, it’s impact is being overblown/misrepresented.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 7:22:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

None of the bills signed make it illegal to travel through a particular city if you’re in compliance with state law regardless of what bullshit laws that city may impose on the people who live there.

As bad as the new law is for the people who are living in garbage parts of the state, it’s impact is being overblown/misrepresented.
View Quote

Until you stop to get gas, or do anything else outside of the vehicle

Link Posted: 6/22/2021 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

This law lets local jurisdictions set their own gun laws that are more strict than state laws.  So what's to stop local jurisdictions from imposing laws that negate peaceable journey?  

What's to stop a town from imposing a law that says, "Magazines over 10rds are illegal, period.  It doesn't matter if you live outside of town and are just traveling through, it's illegal to be in possession of a mag that holds more than 10rds while in city limits."
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 1:34:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This law lets local jurisdictions set their own gun laws that are more strict than state laws.  So what's to stop local jurisdictions from imposing laws that negate peaceable journey?  

What's to stop a town from imposing a law that says, "Magazines over 10rds are illegal, period.  It doesn't matter if you live outside of town and are just traveling through, it's illegal to be in possession of a mag that holds more than 10rds while in city limits."
View Quote

The only thing that will probably (because cops don't always know the law) save you is traveling per FOPA.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 2:21:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The only thing that will probably (because cops don't always know the law) save you is traveling per FOPA.
View Quote

Since FOPA is a federal thing that protects the interstate transportation of firearms, it might save an out-of-state resident who unwittingly runs afoul of a local CO gun law - after they've been busted and have to fight it in court.  

But I'm not sure it would do anything to help a CO resident in a local CO jurisdiction.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Since FOPA is a federal thing that protects the interstate transportation of firearms, it might save an out-of-state resident who unwittingly runs afoul of a local CO gun law - after they've been busted and have to fight it in court.  

But I'm not sure it would do anything to help a CO resident in a local CO jurisdiction.
View Quote

I was drivin' to Utah.    Good point, though.  Many NY jurisdictions ignore FOPA.

Everyone will be a criminal even if their acts "neither pick my pocket nor break my leg."
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 6:30:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s absolutely not overblown. Any infringement is a fucking problem. The state of Colorado is on a downward spiral that is nothing short of biblical.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 10:54:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It’s absolutely not overblown. Any infringement is a fucking problem. The state of Colorado is on a downward spiral that is nothing short of biblical.
View Quote

Truth
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Truth
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Truth

And lucky me I may end up moving back. My wife is kinda digging her heels about not moving to Florida.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top