Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2021 7:08:56 AM EDT
There are 4 gun bills on today's Senate Codes agenda. The meeting will livestream at starting at 11:30am.

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:50:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Codes is also holding the Lead Ammo bill right?  Wouldn't surprise me to see that come up today as well.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:45:52 AM EDT
[#2]
No, EnCon has the lead bills.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#3]
My bad, that's Senate.
Looks like Assembly Codes is having hearing on Lead Ammo tomorrow.
lead ammo ban
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 12:35:43 PM EDT
[#4]
S-1192A, Requires persons possessing any firearm to hold a firearms safety certificate, and S-5000A, Relates to the purchase of firearms, rifles and shotguns and to the reporting of firearms seized or recovered by law enforcement, have been Reported.

Lead ammo bill A-5728 was Reported last week.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#5]
What the hell is this "safety certificate" crap?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Requires safety & live fire training before possessing a firearm in the state.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Sounds like a Super Duper version of Illinois' FOID card which two of their lower courts have now ruled unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

And it looks like it has to be renewed every two years?  2 hours of safety training every two years, for everyone who has a permit?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:27:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:28:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 4:13:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And it looks like it has to be renewed every two years?  2 hours of safety training every two years, for everyone who has a permit?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/429939/2_years_JPG-1929124.JPG
View Quote

Not permit, simple possession.

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:53:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Advanced to 3rd reading.
If you read this it's not 2 hours of training, it's 5 hours of classroom, plus 2 hours of range, every 2 years.
This can't pass can it?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:29:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm calling every co sponosor and trying to speak with the legislative directors. This safety course bullshit is just a poll tax to discourage gun ownership.

No exemption for hunters who took a safety course? Pistol permit holders who most of took a course?

Again....this is akin to a poll tax that will mostly hurt poor and minorities.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:53:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Advanced to 3rd reading.
If you read this it's not 2 hours of training, it's 5 hours of classroom, plus 2 hours of range, every 2 years.
This can't pass can it?
View Quote
Of course it can. The logic of all politicians these days is to throw anything and everything at the wall and let the courts sort it out in order to see what sticks. It is intriguing that Illinois now has TWO rulings that their FOID requirement is unconstitutional. Hawaii, Massachusetts and New Jersey have FOID requirements as well so it could be interesting to see if any residents in those states now bring up a challenge using the precedent in the Illinois cases. Apparently there is now a bill in Illinois to scrap the FOID requirement (HB 1770).

This is really nothing more than a glorified FOID card as you are required to having training every two years to get the proof you can own a firearm which is essentially an FOID

As someone else noted: TOO LATE
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:20:16 AM EDT
[#15]
There's no assembly companion...so it's not going anywhere yet. But this would be worse than the safe act if passed in terms of prohibiting legal gun ownership.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There's no assembly companion...so it's not going anywhere yet. But this would be worse than the safe act if passed in terms of prohibiting legal gun ownership.
View Quote

A07246 it doesn't say that it's a companion, but if you read it, its the same bill. I'm not sure how all this works
Assembly Bill 7246
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:55:33 AM EDT
[#17]
The same bill has to pass both houses.    I don't know why it isn't listed as a companion.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I wonder if the gov would actually sign it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:06:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I wonder if the gov would actually sign it.
View Quote
He doesn't have to. The Dim's have enough votes to override
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top