Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2022 3:03:03 PM EDT
NM being it's desolate south is not bearing much fruit.  

We have a great need to help out the people working to get Joker1's dogs adopted out while he's fighting for his life.

Our first transport is Billy.  We have confirmation and volunteers getting Billy from Demossville to El Paso but are hitting a dry well in NM.

Billy is headed to @gunslinger808 and we need someone who can pick up in El Paso or Las Cruces and run I-10 west to deliver to gunslinger.

Is there anyone near the I-10 NM/Az border that is available Friday or Saturday for this run?

We really need to lessen the burden on the volunteers on site and moving a dog to their permanent home is one fantastic way to do it.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Semper-Fi-Dog-Rescue-Adoption-thread/5-2546763/?r=-1&page=4&anc=98389173#i98389173

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Semper-Fi-Dog-Rescue-fire-mission/5-2547003/?page=3https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/We-need-to-send-prayers-up-for-Joker1/5-2546432/https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Semper-Fi-dog-rescue-New-Mexico-call-out-need-NM-transpo-vol-Billy-goes-west-transport-thread/5-2547424/
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Is there a reason why gunslinger808 can't do this himself?
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 9:49:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Because I had a heart attack last week?

I’m doing good, after a stent and some roto rooter work, they just don’t want me traveling or lifting for about a month as a precaution.
Otherwise I’d love to go get him.

No big deal, I have a friend going to go in my place, so the transport is taken care of.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 10:22:42 PM EDT
[#3]
He’s ok, but, I can’t help being concerned.  40 years together…. He better not leave me….

I will do the last leg of the transport. Lordsburg to AZ, Billy’s final destination.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 11:33:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like he has a good reason.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 11:49:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Meh, get me a pot of coffee and a pack of cigs and I’ll make the trip!
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 12:01:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Dude!! Glad you are ok!!  Welcome to the stent club!!!  Take your drugs religiously!!!

I caught my issue before I had an event and they fixed me up.

Link Posted: 4/26/2022 1:08:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Still waiting on my card, I was promised a card!
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 2:06:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're two posts late for his reply, but thanks anyway. And he's got it covered despite his situation
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 7:36:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Now that the purses are down. I believe we're all set.

I was just spamming anywhere I could think to get a volunteer.

We found someone living in southern NM willing to make the drive believe it or not.  I didn't think anyone lived out there south of mos eisley (Eunice)
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 7:18:10 PM EDT
[#10]
If necessary I can be a backup. Live in Oro Valley, can do the pickup Sat. morning in El Paso. Deliver Billy to his new home.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 10:03:05 PM EDT
[#11]
It's set, I will do the pick up in Lordsburg Sat. evening. Billy will be in his new home later that night..
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:09:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Cool…any updates ?
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Cool…any updates ?
View Quote

Billy is in his new home, Pick up was easy, met a couple of nice folks. Billy is a really cool dog, very calm and friendly. After meeting Gunslinger I think Billy will be living a great life, He sent me some pics of Billy meeting his new brothers and exploring his new yard. For me it was extremely gratifying to help get this dog to a new home, it was very apperant that he had been neglected, he was very skinny and his coat was not in very good condition. This will take some time to correct, I really don't know how such a sweet boy like him could end up in that condition but I truly believe Gunslinger will fix that pronto.
I have so much respect for Joker1, it takes a lot of dedication to do what he has done. Hoping for his recovery to be swift and complete. My thanks to all my fellow arfcommers who have stepped up to make this happen. If there is another transport this way I will try to be a part of it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 6:24:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Good work

Link Posted: 5/2/2022 12:03:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Ahh, sorry for not updating this thread!
Here’s the GD one with pics and commentary…

Billy is home!
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 12:49:21 AM EDT
[#16]
If there is ever a need for transportation from the I-40 area in NE AZ, I'm game.

So happy Billy's at his home.  Happy pups make for happy people.

My dogs are the only family I have now, I hope they are never left neglected when something goes bad here.

You guys are awesome
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top