Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2022 6:46:02 PM EDT
I found this thread on reddit about the upcoming semi auto rifle permit law.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NYguns/comments/wdoyaq/semi_auto_rifle_permit_update/

Besides the purchase permit system itself they're talking about how in some counties the wait times to get a purchase permit for a semi auto rifle could be years.

Is their a pending lawsuit against this incoming semi-auto purchase permit system? I know there is one against the new concealed carry law.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Well it's (relatively) good news for pistol license holders that this will be just an amendment and not a new application.

(Yeah, things really suck when that's the good news.)
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I don’t think anyone actually knows how or what to do with this
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:19:40 PM EDT
[#3]
So i can purchase a safe act compliant semi auto.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:58:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess a right delayed is really not a right denied as we have always been told.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 1:20:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kzin:
Well it's (relatively) good news for pistol license holders that this will be just an amendment and not a new application.

(Yeah, things really suck when that's the good news.)
View Quote

Yes, BUT to keep that Handgun Licenses one will have to complete 16 hours of Classroom Training, 2 hours of Live Fire Training and pass with an 80% or better. Oh, and the Training and Testing criteria has not been determined or set forth as of yet, but it will include Suicide Prevention, Mental Health, etc.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 2:23:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: widerstehe] [#6]
Originally Posted By fp1201:

Yes, BUT to keep that Handgun Licenses one will have to complete 16 hours of Classroom Training, 2 hours of Live Fire Training and pass with an 80% or better. Oh, and the Training and Testing criteria has not been determined or set forth as of yet, but it will include Suicide Prevention, Mental Health, etc.
View Quote

We'll see about all that.

I'm about the biggest doomsday pessimist I know and even I don't think this is going to happen.

Logistically impossible.

If I had to make a predication, I think the law will remain in place for new applicants but will never be enforced for existing license holders.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 2:36:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveM4P99] [#7]
Originally Posted By widerstehe:

I'm about the biggest doomsday pessimist I know and even I don't think this is going to happen.

Logistically impossible.

If I had to make a predication, I think the law will remain in place for new applicants but will never be enforced for existing license holders.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By widerstehe:
Originally Posted By fp1201:

Logistically impossible.

I wonder if the government required citizens to complete safety classes in the 1700s, before they were allowed to own or carry a gun..........or get a license for that matter?

So funny...the purpose of the 2nd amendment is really to defend against a tyrannical government...so what do we have to do? Apply for a license granted...by...the... government?
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DaveM4P99:

I wonder if the government required citizens to complete safety classes in the 1700s, before they were allowed to own or carry a gun..........or get a license for that matter?

So funny...the purpose of the 2nd amendment is really to defend against a tyrannical government...so what do we have to do? Apply for a license granted...by...the... government?
View Quote

Listen, no one here is arguing about the constitutionality of these "laws."  I think a blind man could see they are unconstitutional.

I'm just saying that regardless of what they pass, the actual application of certain laws is simply impossible.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:35:20 PM EDT
[#9]
We really need republicans to introduce legislation to apply all of these insane requirements to the 1st, to voting.  
Thomas said the 2nd is not a secondary right but clearly this insanity makes it so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top