Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2021 4:11:20 PM EDT
What is the process for selling a gun face to face in VA?. I know it changed, do we have to meet at a gun shop so the background check can be ran?
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 4:18:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What is the process for selling a gun face to face in VA?. I know it changed, do we have to meet at a gun shop so the background check can be ran?
View Quote

Yes but, make sure a head of time that the gun shop you are going to is doing private sale background checks. Not all shops are doing it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep. The Dems with the help of a couple POS GOP passed the shitty UBC law.
Outside of family gifting, all sales have to go through an FFL.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:26:01 PM EDT
[#3]
You must now get the King's stamp of approval.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 8:05:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

You can gift to anybody (not just family). UBC law applies only if you sell or receive something of value in exchange.

Also - at least for now - you can sell handguns to persons 18-20 years old, no background check needed, pursuant to an injunction order in the still-ongoing UBC case.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 9:00:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:25:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

As far as I know you can gift it to anyone so long as you don't get anything of value back. Of course, being outside of your immediate family, it might be harder to prove that you "gifted" it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:30:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

As far as I know you can gift it to anyone so long as you don't get anything of value back. Of course, being outside of your immediate family, it might be harder to prove that you "gifted" it.
View Quote

It’s not your burden to prove that. It’s the Commonwealth’s burden to prove that you received something of value in exchange.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:36:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I sold the bolt to a Savage bolt gun once.  And I'll be damned if I didn't leave the rest of the gun sitting there as I drove off...My memory just ain't the same as it used to be...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:02:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top