Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2020 8:21:43 AM EDT
Where do you all recommend advertising my truck for sale in the Bitterroot?  I usually trade it in but want to see if I get low to mid blue book.  Pretty sure the dealer isn't giving me that.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:04:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:50:59 AM EDT
[#2]
As TTM mentioned Facebook marketplace and contrary to what he said I have sold three vehicles on CL and purchased one,you just need to weed out the scammers that are easy to spot.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I have had good luck buying and selling on Craigslist. The trick when selling is in how you answer emails.  I setup so that it is email only, and then vet them from there before I ever give out my phone number, if I do. Sold the GF's car there too.

When I sold my truck a couple of years ago I did both FB and CL. In the end it sold due to FB.  Record time for me, about 5 hours.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:39:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I had better luck with FB than craigslist about 8 months ago.  Seems like way more traffic and less scammers.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 1:41:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 6:37:57 PM EDT
[#6]
CL does charge now for selling vehicles. I forgot about that one.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:07:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Bitterroot Star
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top