Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2018 11:57:54 AM EDT
I saw this on a web site selling lever action rifles, "Due to new state laws we will no longer be shipping any products to California. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I thought I must need to get up to speed on buying a rifle from an out-of-State supplier.

Don't I just order a rifle and have it shipped to my FFL for DROS, NICS, 10 day wait, etc.

Is there anything else to be done on the part of the seller?

What are the "new laws" to which they refer?
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 1:01:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Some dealers, distributors and companies are freaking out about the Prop. 65 changes. A really good distributor has stopped shipping to CA because of it. Most companies just slap a Prop 65 sticker on the products, others have gone nuts thinking the state is going to come after them. As far as I know there aren't any new laws that would affect a lever action. the best thing to do is try another dealer or get a local dealer to hunt one down for you. Unless it's something very specific or custom most dealers have access to the same companies/products.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top