Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2017 10:54:39 AM EDT
Located in the NW suburbs of Chicago, will be moving in the coming months, and need the gun safe moved. It only needs to go about 10 miles and is about as straight forward as it gets. No stairs involved on either end.

Summoning the power of arfcom and hoping for some recommendations.

It weighs about 1,600lbs empty, so not something a couple guys can throw in the back of a truck.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I used We Move Safes to move one of my gun safes and they told me they move bigger stuff.  They were polite, professional and were careful.  They did not leave any marks on my stair steps or trim work.

http://www.movesafes.com/
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 6:04:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks T2C. I'll be calling them. Anyone else?
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 9:50:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't have experience with any other professional safe movers.  If I had to have something heavy moved in the future I would use We Move Safes again.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 12:48:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Greg at We Move Safes has taken care of me twice now.  Each time was a picture perfect delivery and install, both were basement installs in typical NW suburban homes.

Be warned, professional delivery and placement is not cheap, but you get what you pay for! :)
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 11:56:17 PM EDT
[#5]
No I get it. I purchased the safe from a gentleman who was moving to Cali and did not want to pay the cost of taking it with him. I hired a safe moving company to have it moved from his garage to mine. This was maybe 6 years ago.

I was very pleased with their work and asked them if they would move it to our new house roughly 10 miles away. Once again, from one garage to another. Unfortunately This same company now wants to charge over three times the original amount to move the same safe half the distance which I think is absolutely rediclious.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 1:26:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Spoke with Jim at We Move Safes.

He will be handling the job.

Thanks all!
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top