Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2020 5:03:18 PM EDT
Effective midnight may 24th, Sedgwick county is under lockdown, shelter in place order given.

My son has his travel papers for work.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Effective midnight may 24th, Sedgwick county is under lockdown, shelter in place order given.

My son has his travel papers for work.
View Quote

We don't have travel papers, but I work in IT/telecommunications and drive a company truck w/ logo on the side.    The police didn't seem to care this morning.   Multiple highway patrol on the way to work sitting in the median but didn't see them w/ anyone pulled over.

Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:35:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Just talked to son, said he didn't see a single cop going to and from work.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 2:26:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just talked to son, said he didn't see a single cop going to and from work.
View Quote
I passed at least 3 Highway Patrol in the middle of I235  going south yesterday morning.   I'll watch to see what I see today when I go.  Traffic yesterday seemed a little light, but more light work day vs holiday w/ nobody on the road.    I know at work about 1/2 our people are working from home.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:01:43 PM EDT
[#4]
It is a "stay at home" order from the county health department, not a "lockdown" nor "shelter in place" order.  Their website has clarification and there is big difference.  It closes some businesses like massage parlors, tattoo parlors, movie theaters, etc and requires businesses to utilize social distancing, but does not restrict the movement of individuals like an SIP would and everywhere else is open.  
Employers have given employees letters in case that happens, no such order exists in Sedgwick County.  

Social media, filled with rumor mongers, have been running rampant with poor information.

From the site:
Q. Can a store get into legal trouble for not closing?
A. Sedgwick County expects individuals and businesses to voluntarily comply. Reports of persons violating the order should NOT be reported to 911.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:20:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is a "stay at home" order from the county health department, not a "lockdown" nor "shelter in place" order.  Their website has clarification and there is big difference.  It closes some businesses like massage parlors, tattoo parlors, movie theaters, etc and requires businesses to utilize social distancing, but does not restrict the movement of individuals like an SIP would and everywhere else is open.  
Employers have given employees letters in case that happens, no such order exists in Sedgwick County.  

Social media, filled with rumor mongers, have been running rampant with poor information.

From the site:
Q. Can a store get into legal trouble for not closing?
A. Sedgwick County expects individuals and businesses to voluntarily comply. Reports of persons violating the order should NOT be reported to 911.
View Quote

I'm not seeing any less traffic today than normal.  Lots of businesses are closed or working from home where they can, and not much traffic at some of them.  The grocery stores seem constantly busy and low on stock on lots of things.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top