Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2022 9:02:30 PM EDT
New to missouri. Found 2 old chairs at an antique place. They say kramer shows on the back of each wooden folding chair. Owner told me they were from the 20's. Owner says kramer was the last name of a business man involved in the mafia here in sedalia. He owned a roofing company and some other companies. Anyone have any information on this?
Its possible that shes telling a story to make a sale. But the shop has been here for 30 years by the same owner and the chairs are only like $45 for the pair. So the owner is not making much money and most old people around here seem to be good Christians.

Any information on the chairs or missouri mafia history would be sweet
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:13:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Not a name I recognize. The mob has Deep ties here in Missouri. Wouldn't surprise me if it were true.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:28:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about the '20s but in the '70s and '80s I heard that name often. I believe that he drove a big Cadillac. I did not know him personally.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:45:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Not Mafia related but have you heard about the Union Station massacre in KC? In the '30s, gangsters machinegunned federal agents on the front steps of Union Station while they were transporting a prisoner killing him in the process. Supposedly bullet marks are still visible. Or how about when gangsters tommygunned  the Benton County Sheriff while breaking one of their people out of the jail at Warsaw? Or how about the one armed Sheriff from either OK. or TX. who was after robbers that had killed people in his local and caught up with them swimming in Flat Creek at the old Grand Avenue ford creek crossing and shotgunned them all there in the creek?
Going back farther in time there's the Jesse James train robbery outside of Otterville. Quantrill hanging someone at Longwood during Sterling Price's raid.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't forget Bonnie and Clyde had a shoot out in Joplin.  To my knowledge, the house is still there and is the actual house used in the movie.  I seen't it...
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:42:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't forget Bonnie and Clyde had a shoot out in Joplin.  To my knowledge, the house is still there and is the actual house used in the movie.  I seen't it...
View Quote

Bonnie and Clyde had a shoot out in KC also... it was where Buck Barrow was mortally wounded and led up to Blanche's arrest.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#6]
The "Slicker War" in the Warsaw area was a pretty big deal. MO.'s version of the Hatfields and McCoys. I think there were more people killed here... the military was even brought in when one faction was holed-up in the Benton County court house.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top