Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/21/2020 1:56:04 PM EDT
I just found out about this and I think I'll be going.

Who else wants to attend?

https://2ndamendmentrallyaz.com/confirmed-speakers
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 4:36:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Is there any particular reason for this?  Like the one in 2013 after Sandy Hook or is this just an annual event? I know a lot was going down in VA
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 6:28:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there any particular reason for this?  Like the one in 2013 after Sandy Hook or is this just an annual event? I know a lot was going down in VA
View Quote
I think it might be an annual event. I saw it posted on Facebook and decided I'd go. I usually shoot USPSA at Rio Salado on the 3rd Saturday, but I think I will go to this and check it out.

I went to the 2013 one and there was a pretty big crowd.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:45:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be attending. Anyone else?
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#4]
 I’m in ??
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to try to move my schedule around to make it. What VA did is nice and all, but too late to stop anything.

Let's get out there before the die is cast.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:15:33 PM EDT
[#6]
annnnnnd they boys in KY just set the new fucking bar for us.

Attachment Attached File

Are we gonna let a bunch of moonshiners out do us?
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:52:40 PM EDT
[#7]
May I suggest that in preparation for the SATURDAY 15-Feb rally, you group yourselves into teams of 4 and sign up for the SUNDAY 16-Feb Washington's Birthday Match at Ben Avery... and actually come out a PRACTICE what we all preach, demonstrate the American Citizen's Skill-at Arms!

(advance sign up required at: http://asrpa.com/, sign up as a team is best, but you can sign up as an individual and get squadded at random)

Poole
http://arizona-rifleshooting.com/
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:05:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
May I suggest that in preparation for the SATURDAY 15-Feb rally, you group yourselves into teams of 4 and sign up for the SUNDAY 16-Feb Washington's Birthday Match at Ben Avery... and actually come out a PRACTICE what we all preach, demonstrate the American Citizen's Skill-at Arms!

(advance sign up required at: http://asrpa.com/, sign up as a team is best, but you can sign up as an individual and get squadded at random)

Poole
http://arizona-rifleshooting.com/
View Quote
I like the concept. I'm the new kid around here, so please don't take what is intended to be constructive criticism as intentional offense giving.

1 - that website design is painful, and I can say that as the owner of a poorly laid out website. I had to highlight the yellow text to read it, yellow on white is terrible contrast and hard to read

2 - the event format doesn't appeal to me a bit, and while it may be a great introduction to long guns, it doesn't exactly inspire "greatest match in the United States" status in my mind
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#9]
1) AGREE
2) come out and try it anyway!

Arizona's WBM is the longest continuously running annual rifle match in America. 1893 was the first year. 180 shooters
The National Trophy Matches (now run by CMP) at Camp Perry every summer since 1907 is the GREATEST rifle match in America. 1100 shooters.
WBM uses the National Match Course of fire, very similar, but more beginner-friendly, than Camp Perry.

Poole
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I’ll be attending.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:24:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
1) AGREE
2) come out and try it anyway!

Arizona's WBM is the longest continuously running annual rifle match in America. 1893 was the first year. 180 shooters
The National Trophy Matches (now run by CMP) at Camp Perry every summer since 1907 is the GREATEST rifle match in America. 1100 shooters.
WBM uses the National Match Course of fire, very similar, but more beginner-friendly, than Camp Perry.

Poole
View Quote
Ah, awesome I had no idea that had that kind of history. I retract my opinion of it not inspiring that kind of glorious name. Very cool.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm officially in.

Uniform of the Day will display small arms.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:56:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I should be there.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:57:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I should be there
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 2:11:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Busiest time of year for me, missed out on the Battle Buddy hike the other day. Going to try to move my hours around for this.  Been to several when I resided in WA, want to be active here as well.

Sir James...
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I will be there. With Arizona SB1625 being put forth by left loons in office, the timing couldn't be better. Get out there and make your voice heard.

SB1625 sponsors
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Everyone needs to be at the 2nd Amendment rally on the 15th. Everyone needs to be pro active in this fight. Arizona is one of the last great states in this Republic. The Evil un America Democratic left want to beak the back of the strong Conservative states. We MUST come together and stop this NOW!
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#18]
First time going to a rally at the capital, we armed or what?
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#19]
There's a new facebook group that popped up on this matter. Over 6000 members in 24 hours.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:27:10 PM EDT
[#20]
link?
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#21]
It's invite only, apparently, I'll PM you. Anyone else wants to watch boomers yell at each other, drop me a PM and I'll get you in as well. Obviously need a FB account to make that work.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 12:58:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
There's a new facebook group that popped up on this matter. Over 6000 members in 24 hours.
View Quote
Now at 16k. Crazy
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:14:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Rally FNG here, anyone from this thread meeting anywhere in particular?

I know precisely zero 2A friendly folks in AZ and I’ve lived here for 3 years, crazy!
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:33:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Wish I could be there.  I’ll be out of town, and my wife will bury me in a shallow grave if I try to cancel our travel plans.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Now at 16k. Crazy
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now at 16k. Crazy
22k now. The amount of posts being created is a bit ridiculous, but what can you expect with that many people and that rapid of growth. I'm just having fun seeing all the disagreements about how to dress...
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

22k now. The amount of posts being created is a bit ridiculous, but what can you expect with that many people and that rapid of growth. I'm just having fun seeing all the disagreements about how to dress...
View Quote
Trex suits, obviously.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Trex suits, obviously.
View Quote
I was considering this one... I opted for a hawaiin shirt though https://www.amazon.com/Lulu-Home-Inflatable-Dinosaur-Halloween/dp/B07TWLCCSQ/ref=sr_1_28?dchild=1&keywords=trex+suit&qid=1581440431&sr=8-28
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#28]
That one has the advantage of not dying of heat exhaustion, and, ya know, being able to see out. But how do you conceal a PC and rifle?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#29]
I just looked and it looks like AZCDL will be at this rally, I assume signing people up for memberships.  So if anyone is going and NOT a member of the AZCDL (you should be), I will pay for your membership.  Shoot me an IM and I'll give you my phone number.  We'll meet up at the AZCDL booth at the rally and I'll pay for your basic annual membership.  (Only up to 5 people, I'm poor.)

And no, I won't just hand you the cash, I want to make sure it's actually going toward the AZCDL membership.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:01:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I just looked and it looks like AZCDL will be at this rally, I assume signing people up for memberships.  So if anyone is going and NOT a member of the AZCDL (you should be), I will pay for your membership.  Shoot me an IM and I'll give you my phone number.  We'll meet up at the AZCDL booth at the rally and I'll pay for your basic annual membership.  (Only up to 5 people, I'm poor.)

And no, I won't just hand you the cash, I want to make sure it's actually going toward the AZCDL membership.
View Quote
That's awesome. People should take you up on this. Five people, to be exact.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:18:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Damn, that's nice of you! So no excuse for 5 people out there!

I'll extend the only thing I can offer (mind out of the gutter fellas!), which is a ride. If you are nw valley or west valley somewhat near the 303 or 101 and can't get there or will miss out because you don't have a ride, I'll scoop you up. I can possibly extend it to people who have gas guzzlers as well, if no one hits me up that doesn't have a ride, since I have a tactical prius.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:37:58 PM EDT
[#32]
I'd like to go if a group of  us can agree on a time/place to park and meetup.  This event does not have the potential unknown dangers we had going to Lobby Day, but being in a group and looking out for each other is just a good way to operate.  Plus it would help in getting us more organized and be able to coordinate like the Arfcommers did for Lobby Day.  I know we won't have the number of Arfcommmers that attended Lobby Day, but even having groups of four or more would be better than just going alone.

I have not been to this 2A rally in Phoenix before, so I have no idea how many people will be there and what the parking situation will be.  If you look at the map which is about half way down on the linked page, it has parking right across the street from the event on 17th Ave., but I imagine to park there we would have to get there very, very early.

I'm thinking if we met up at 0930 at the parking lot at 19th Ave. and Jefferson, we should find enough parking places to meetup at, but can't say for sure.  
If not there are other parking lots by some of the other AZ government buildings that are close by and I think might be open on the weekend, hopefully someone here can give us that info.

Let us know what you think, I plan to carry an AR if we can get a group together.

https://2ndamendmentrallyaz.com/#753aea17-ce46-4eeb-b6ed-112e20ba9151
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:25:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'd like to go if a group of  us can agree on a time/place to park and meetup.  This event does not have the potential unknown dangers we had going to Lobby Day, but being in a group and looking out for each other is just a good way to operate.  Plus it would help in getting us more organized and be able to coordinate like the Arfcommers did for Lobby Day.  I know we won't have the number of Arfcommmers that attended Lobby Day, but even having groups of four or more would be better than just going alone.

I have not been to this 2A rally in Phoenix before, so I have no idea how many people will be there and what the parking situation will be.  If you look at the map which is about half way down on the linked page, it has parking right across the street from the event on 17th Ave., but I imagine to park there we would have to get there very, very early.

I'm thinking if we met up at 0930 at the parking lot at 19th Ave. and Jefferson, we should find enough parking places to meetup at, but can't say for sure.  
If not there are other parking lots by some of the other AZ government buildings that are close by and I think might be open on the weekend, hopefully someone here can give us that info.

Let us know what you think, I plan to carry an AR if we can get a group together.

https://2ndamendmentrallyaz.com/#753aea17-ce46-4eeb-b6ed-112e20ba9151
View Quote
I think meeting up and being in a group is a good idea. I am supposed to be meeting at least 4 other guys there, all arfcommers.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:41:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I think meeting up and being in a group is a good idea. I am supposed to be meeting at least 4 other guys there, all arfcommers.
View Quote
What time and where are you meeting at?
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:47:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Count me in for sure
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 12:13:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think we've established that... . @nvgeologist is one of them but he is going to have a booth and will likely be in one spot most if not all of the day.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 12:48:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Just look for the herd of dinosaurs with this sign.

Attachment Attached File

You'll have to decide for yourself if you wanna move towards us or away.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#38]
I've lived here since 2011, never been downtown. I am all for meeting up. Where is the best parking and meeting spot for this?
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#39]
A bunch of us are meeting at the Lt. Luke statue at 0945.

Link Posted: 2/12/2020 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#40]
At this point, I am in.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 5:08:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Here's an idea: Those of us that can should try to park in and meet at the Capitol parking lot at 19th and Jefferson per @HotDesert 's suggestion at 9:30. If @wingnutx and his group are good with it, we could combine the groups at the St. Luke statue around 9:45. If for some reason they have something else going on, we can consider the parking lot to be the gathering point.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 5:38:40 PM EDT
[#42]
It's not really my group, but I don't think anyone would mind.

Everyone bring a trash bag, so we can leave the place nice and clean.  I'm also bringing gloves for this, ymmv.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 5:43:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Attire? I am going to attend as The Tea Party events. Business casual.

I will bring trash bags to clean up.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 5:54:31 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm going business casual + open carry.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 6:04:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Will keep an eye on this thread, I’m going regardless but it would be nice to meet some friendlies. If anyone wants to drop me a message with a phone number that would be excellent to find folks on Saturday.

31/m/az, wooops forgot it’s not 2001 in an AOL chat.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 7:03:47 PM EDT
[#46]
My amazon Hawaiin shirt is supposed to deliver today. I'm currently planning to wear carhartt pants, hawaiin shirt, open carry pistol, plate carrier, and slung rifle. I am slightly on the fence about the PC and rifle right now.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 7:48:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
A bunch of us are meeting at the Lt. Luke statue at 0945.

That meetup point sounds good, but it might be crowded by then, so any ideas on how we identify the Arfcom people?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/86695/luke_statue-1273465.jpg
View Quote
Quoted:
Here's an idea: Those of us that can should try to park in and meet at the Capitol parking lot at 19th and Jefferson per @HotDesert 's suggestion at 9:30. If @wingnutx and his group are good with it, we could combine the groups at the St. Luke statue around 9:45. If for some reason they have something else going on, we can consider the parking lot to be the gathering point.
View Quote
Quoted:

Will keep an eye on this thread, I’m going regardless but it would be nice to meet some friendlies. If anyone wants to drop me a message with a phone number that would be excellent to find folks on Saturday.
31/m/az, wooops forgot it’s not 2001 in an AOL chat.
View Quote
I talked with a guy from the AZCDL and he said there are usually several hundred people at this rally, but this year it could be bigger with all the gun control issues going on.  He suggested that if we want to park and meet in the same spot that it would probably be a good idea to get there at 0900 which is fine with me.  We could still meet at 19th & Jefferson, or we could meet up in the parking lot behind the AZ Dept. of Agriculture  at 17th Ave. and Adams, as that would be a closer walk and give us more ways in and out.  I'm attaching a pic, let me know if you can view it okay, and if this time/place works.

Anyone who wants to IM me there contact info, I will do the same so we can coordinate.  I'll just be in regular clothes with an AR.

@DStepec  Sent you an IM
@spyderboy03
@SigChef
@wingnutx
@NFA-Joe
@Gildere
@SnapNshoot
@billpoole
@isaac2004
@MolonLabeFBHO
@SirJames556
@AZ_SBR
@PHOENIX13
@superdrag67
@dread_scott
@westernrumor
@TheYellowThing
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I talked with a guy from the AZCDL and he said there are usually several hundred people at this rally, but this year it could be bigger with all the gun control issues going on.  He suggested that if we want to park and meet in the same spot that it would probably be a good idea to get there at 0900 which is fine with me.  We could still meet at 19th & Jefferson, or we could meet up in the parking lot behind the AZ Dept. of Agriculture  at 17th Ave. and Adams, as that would be a closer walk and give us more ways in and out.  I'm attaching a pic, let me know if you can view it okay, and if this time/place works.

Anyone who wants to IM me there contact info, I will do the same so we can coordinate.  I'll just be in regular clothes with an AR.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/504688/Park_17th_Ave-1273763.jpg

@DStepec  Sent you an IM
@spyderboy03
@SigChef
@wingnutx
@NFA-Joe
@Gildere
@SnapNshoot
@billpoole
@isaac2004
@MolonLabeFBHO
@SirJames556
@AZ_SBR
@PHOENIX13
@superdrag67
@dread_scott
@westernrumor
@TheYellowThing
View Quote
Works for me.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Works for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/504688/Park_17th_Ave-1273763.jpg

@DStepec  Sent you an IM
@spyderboy03
@SigChef
@wingnutx
@NFA-Joe
@Gildere
@SnapNshoot
@billpoole
@isaac2004
@MolonLabeFBHO
@SirJames556
@AZ_SBR
@PHOENIX13
@superdrag67
@dread_scott
@westernrumor
@TheYellowThing
Works for me.
Great, see you at 0900 at the 17th Ave. and Adams parking lot this Saturday.  We have one more so far joining us.  Might not be wearing a Hawaiian shirt as it is still going to be a little chilly in the morning, if not I'll probably bring one and hang it on my car for Arf ID.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 9:02:53 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm gonna try getting there early, was thinking of wearing a plate carrier, but am going to be doing filming/recording for my small youtube channel, so probably going lighter to carry equipment and not get fatigued. I will probably try parking a little closer, but will try to meet you guys at that parking lot still. I'll be wearing my azcdl shirt and concealed carrying.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top