BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 11:07:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Desantis is already stepping away from Trump in regards the influx of Puerto Ricans. And so is Scott.

If you truly believe that Rick Scott is not a fairweather politician. I got news for you. Marco Rubio was to be the TEA Party darling. A champion of American Conservatism and Small Government Ideals. Rick Scott is much the same way.
View Quote
They are ALL politicians with the exception of Trump and maybe a few others.

Say what you will about Rubio, but he supported the tax cuts, 99% of Trump's nominees, and repealing Obamacare.

Scott will be just as reliable, if not better.

Scott is our best chance to defeat Nelson since he was elected in 2000, and we need Scott in the Senate to help with the GOP majority and to give them some margin for tough 2020 and 2022 maps.

Why do people want to make this so difficult?
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 11:22:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 11:50:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Maybe because you keep spouting the same old crap - it may or may not happen.

What is happening, is Rino's are selling us out as fast as they can. Our 2nd rights are being given away by the 'best of two bad choices' crowd. You can go ahead and continue to vote for the very folks who are striping our gun rights - I won't.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Desantis is already stepping away from Trump in regards the influx of Puerto Ricans. And so is Scott.

If you truly believe that Rick Scott is not a fairweather politician. I got news for you. Marco Rubio was to be the TEA Party darling. A champion of American Conservatism and Small Government Ideals. Rick Scott is much the same way.
They are ALL politicians with the exception of Trump and maybe a few others.

Say what you will about Rubio, but he supported the tax cuts, 99% of Trump's nominees, and repealing Obamacare.

Scott will be just as reliable, if not better.

Scott is our best chance to defeat Nelson since he was elected in 2000, and we need Scott in the Senate to help with the GOP majority and to give them some margin for tough 2020 and 2022 maps.

Why do people want to make this so difficult?

What is happening, is Rino's are selling us out as fast as they can. Our 2nd rights are being given away by the 'best of two bad choices' crowd. You can go ahead and continue to vote for the very folks who are striping our gun rights - I won't.
So you're ready to take up arms because voting is not working? Are you prepared to water the tree of liberty with blood? I'm trying to understand your logic for wanting a gun grabber to win.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 8:56:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You can guess and surmise what scott might do, or the D's might do. You can even carry on about nelson and schemer.
View Quote
I don’t have to guess what the D’s might do, I’ve lived through it.  I’m guessing you haven’t given you seem to think there’s reasonable hope they’ll protect your rights.   btw the Dems aren’t being cagey about what they want:  more welfare, Medicare, more gun control and more taxes. This isn’t in question it’s the hallmark of their platform, create dependence and create an enduring voter base.  I still live part time in NYC so I’m not guessing at what them dems want. If you think I’m off on that it’s becsue you probably lack the same experiences.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Which Florida  politician is directly responsible for enacting the laws that are presently flipping Florida, with its Republican Supermajority in both houses of the state legislature as well as the governorship,  from The Gunshine State to becoming The Gunban State?

A) Nelson

B) Scott

Which Florida politician is trying to demonstrate to his fellow Republicans in state government that pandering to the liberal  gun grabbers while at the same time betraying their conservative firearms owning, 2nd amendment supporting,  base,  is the sound political strategy moving forward?

A)Nelson

B)Scott

No mental gymnastics, just an honest answer.

My own house is on fire......I'm not voting for the arsonist.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Which Florida  politician is directly responsible for enacting the laws that are presently flipping Florida, with its Republican Supermajority in both houses of the state legislature as well as the governorship,  from The Gunshine State to becoming The Gunban State?

A) Nelson

B) Scott

Which Florida politician is trying to demonstrate to his fellow Republicans in state government that pandering to the liberal  gun grabbers while at the same time betraying their conservative firearms owning, 2nd amendment supporting,  base,  is the sound political strategy moving forward?

A)Nelson

B)Scott

View Quote
Stubborn you are.  That's no way to go through life.  Your on a sinking ship.  Feel free to look me up after the election.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 7:21:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Stubborn you are.  That's no way to go through life.  Your on a sinking ship.  Feel free to look me up after the election.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A) Nelson

B) Scott

A)Nelson

B)Scott

I'd love to be wrong about Scott and the lesson he's been teaching our Republican Supermajority State Legislature too.

What I don't want to hear after Scott and the legislature betray us yet again in an even worse manner at their respective national and state levels; is that "things would have been even worse had Scott not been elected to the United States Senate on his anti gun rights record".

Take my short little  2 question quiz and see if you can still stomach voting for Rick Scott.

I can't bring myself to vote for either of those turds.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 10:16:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'd love to be wrong about Scott and the lesson he's been teaching our Republican Supermajority State Legislature too.

What I don't want to hear after Scott and the legislature betray us yet again in an even worse manner at their respective national and state levels; is that "things would have been even worse had Scott not been elected to the United States Senate on his anti gun rights record".

Take my short little  2 question quiz and see if you can still stomach voting for Rick Scott.

View Quote
I did take it. You know what ?  He's had my vote in the past and will in the foreseeable future.  Want to know why?
There's  way more at stake here right now.  Then two laws that may or may not  stand the test of time.  Neither one of those laws have any affect on me and never will.  Dont read the previous sentence wrong.  My personal safety  is not confined by BS laws.  If it came down to it I would stand with those who's rights those laws have affected.  Nullifying my vote isn't going to help them at all.

Jug ears and his ilk fucked this country harder then any in the past.  It is imperative  that the wrong done not only be corrected.  But that the rule of law be restored to its fullest extent.

If I may suggest.  Walk away from this issue for a couple days.  Take the blinders off so to speak.  Try your best not to be a single issue voter.  If you still end up back were you are now. So be it then. Dont be surprised if you find yourself in a minority of voters if you do.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 10:01:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you are not voting for Scott, you are voting for Elizabeth Warren and Claire McCaskill picking the next appointee to the SC.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 11:15:11 AM EDT
[#11]
OK, I took a few days off to think about the choice between gun grabber #1 or gun grabber #2.

I'll be leaving that spot on the ballot BLANK.  No more compromising principles.  Rick Scott needs to give me a reason to support him, not be the lessor of two evils.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 12:54:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I did take it. You know what ?  He's had my vote in the past and will in the foreseeable future.  Want to know why?
There's  way more at stake here right now.  Then two laws that may or may not  stand the test of time.  Neither one of those laws have any affect on me and never will.  Dont read the previous sentence wrong.  My personal safety  is not confined by BS laws.  If it came down to it I would stand with those who's rights those laws have affected.  Nullifying my vote isn't going to help them at all.

Jug ears and his ilk fucked this country harder then any in the past.  It is imperative  that the wrong done not only be corrected.  But that the rule of law be restored to its fullest extent.

If I may suggest.  Walk away from this issue for a couple days.  Take the blinders off so to speak.  Try your best not to be a single issue voter.  If you still end up back were you are now. So be it then. Dont be surprised if you find yourself in a minority of voters if you do.

Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.
And that is why we lose our rights. Because people only think of if it directly affects them. They don't care about someone else's civil rights. Or how removing the right of ownership from a age group further weakens our numbers for long term growth. Or how someone who was law abiding is now a felon because they own a certain item.

Replace Bump Stocks with AR-15s and then you'll care right? The Fudds don't give a shit about your AR or Glock or 10+ round capacity mag. Why? It doesn't affect them. They keep their duck gun and deer rifle.

Me, I'm law abiding and guess what. Come 14 days, I can be a felon for owning this.

Luckily, I have it across the State Border in Georgia at a buddy's place.

Other than voting, what have you done? Have you spoken at rallies?

Have you sat and watched our Legislature vote away our freedoms?

Have you gone toe to toe with gun grabbers?

Have you spoken directly to our law makers and told them that violating Floridians' rights is wrong? And received death threats from gun grabbers?

What have you done other than vote the lesser of two evils? You claim to stand with others if need be. Will you sysnd with me? A honest Floridian that has pledged his life and honor to defend the citizens and residents of this State with his very life. Someone who through no fault of his own can now be a felon and lose everything for owning a range toy.

Will you stand with me? Or will you not because it doesn't affect you?
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 2:25:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If you are not voting for Scott, you are voting for Elizabeth Warren and Claire McCaskill picking the next appointee to the SC.
View Quote
I voted for Scott twice, and as it happened to turn out,  I voted for the enactment of some of the most draconian anti gun rights laws in the entire country,  as well as onerous waiting periods to buy a gun.

18-21 year olds stripped of their right to buy firearms, and folks who own legally purchased property will become felons in a few days for not disposing of it.

This bullshit is Scott's solution not to public safety issues, but rather his solution to widening his base in advance of his run for the US Senate in November by means of pandering to the gun grabbers at the expense of our inalienable rights as free men.

Well, he didn't widen his base by retaining my vote,  since I won't vote for a gun grabbing Quisling who's already demonstrated that he is untrustworthy.

Rick Scott is a nascent John McCain2.0 which is worse than a douche like Nelson, since if we elect McCains to office we eliminate any possibility of effective political opposition to oppression.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 10:10:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
And that is why we lose our rights. Because people only think of if it directly affects them. They don't care about someone else's civil rights. Or how removing the right of ownership from a age group further weakens our numbers for long term growth. Or how someone who was law abiding is now a felon because they own a certain item.

Replace Bump Stocks with AR-15s and then you'll care right? The Fudds don't give a shit about your AR or Glock or 10+ round capacity mag. Why? It doesn't affect them. They keep their duck gun and deer rifle.

Me, I'm law abiding and guess what. Come 14 days, I can be a felon for owning this.

https://i.imgur.com/z2lc6Hi.jpg

Luckily, I have it across the State Border in Georgia at a buddy's place.

Other than voting, what have you done? Have you spoken at rallies?

https://i.imgur.com/gmsjAfm.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PXvtgu9.jpg

Have you sat and watched our Legislature vote away our freedoms?

https://i.imgur.com/6GlobbY.jpg

Have you gone toe to toe with gun grabbers?

https://i.imgur.com/fyaBS2c.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6AYfJu8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MBCih3o.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/q9NfVOp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7J7n9cY.jpg

Have you spoken directly to our law makers and told them that violating Floridians' rights is wrong? And received death threats from gun grabbers?

https://i.imgur.com/fIQW5f6.png

https://i.imgur.com/HiMFgMP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jRBdRtK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QSLSifz.jpg

What have you done other than vote the lesser of two evils? You claim to stand with others if need be. Will you sysnd with me? A honest Floridian that has pledged his life and honor to defend the citizens and residents of this State with his very life. Someone who through no fault of his own can now be a felon and lose everything for owning a range toy.

Will you stand with me? Or will you not because it doesn't affect you?
View Quote
IM sent.

That's a hell of  Soap Box ya have there.  Normally I'd tell ya to take it down town and see who wants to listen.   But you have already done that.  Tell me what did you really accomplish that changed the out come of those two laws?  If I had spent all those days standing behind you would it have changed the out come ?

I'm not belittling your efforts.  I do believe you made your best efforts.  Even though they seem to me to have been in vain.  Maybe that's why your so butt hurt over these two issues.

So if you dont mind. I'll continue to put my efforts where I feel they are most needed. Like doing what I have done in the past by supporting  not only my family members in the military and LE but others that I dont even know.

As for standing with you. You have my phone # now. When and if the shooting starts. Give me a ring will ya.  You might find you would rather have me on your side then.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 11:44:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Hopefully some of you guys will reconsider your decision not to vote for Scott based on the recent clown show in the Senate.

We need more Republicans, as Trump has said.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 12:31:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 1:25:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Actually, I would counter that we have enough. We need to bounce these rino clowns and elect true conservatives. How can we force the R party to put forth true conservatives when we keep holding our noses and voting for the scumbags they push on us.

Vote no more rinos and the R party can go the way of the dodo bird or give us what we demand

Or

Continue bending over and taking what they tell us to take - your choice.

With Kavenaugh getting confirmed (fingers crossed) we can afford to tell the rinos to F-OFF!
View Quote
I don't understand your logic, nor your point.

Collins is up for re-election in 2020 in a state that voted for Obama twice, and Clinton in 2016.

Murkowski isn't up for re-election until 2022.

Are you suggesting that conservatives should "primary" both with solid conservatives, and thus wait until 2023 until we have "conservative" senators from both states?????

Of course, the GOP will lose seats in 2022 because of a rough Senate map, so even if we get two conservative senators from Maine and Alaska, the dems will control the senate unless we win more seats in 2018.

We have a no-kidding chance to add 10 or so MAGA Senators this election year, including Rick Scott.  Are you suggesting that people just pout and sit at home until 2022?  Should we all move to Alaska to vote Murkowski out????
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Actually, I would counter that we have enough. We need to bounce these rino clowns and elect true conservatives. How can we force the R party to put forth true conservatives when we keep holding our noses and voting for the scumbags they push on us.
View Quote
BTW, we DON'T have enough to confirm someone more conservative than Kavanaugh, because of Collins and Murkowski.

And we WON'T have enough to confirm anyone after the 2020 election unless the GOP picks up several seats this year.  This is because of the unfavorable senate maps in 2020 and 2022 for the GOP.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hopefully some of you guys will reconsider your decision not to vote for Scott based on the recent clown show in the Senate.

We need more Republicans, as Trump has said.
View Quote
This clown show is exactly why RINO's need to be stopped.  It's the RINO's that refused to stand up for what's right that created this mess.  I will repeat that I will NEVER vote for another backstabbing RINO Republican ever again.  Yes, we might lose an election or two; however, I'd rather have this fight now, and not die a slow death over the next decade or two.

Rick Scott showed us his true colors, he's another opportunistic politician who cares only about his political career, and can't be counted on to stand up for basic Constitutional principles when it counts.  I hope he loses solely because he screwed the base.  Perhaps he can go back to stealing from Medicare, honestly he should have been locked up then.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This clown show is exactly why RINO's need to be stopped.  It's the RINO's that refused to stand up for what's right that created this mess.  I will repeat that I will NEVER vote for another backstabbing RINO Republican ever again.  Yes, we might lose an election or two; however, I'd rather have this fight now, and not die a slow death over the next decade or two.

Rick Scott showed us his true colors, he's another opportunistic politician who cares only about his political career, and can't be counted on to stand up for basic Constitutional principles when it counts.  I hope he loses solely because he screwed the base.  Perhaps he can go back to stealing from Medicare, honestly he should have been locked up then.
View Quote
Patience.  The "clown show" was't created by RINOs, it was created by the Democrats.

What was the GOP supposed to do?  Muscle through the nomination, then have Ford give a press conference (not under oath, and with sympathetic questions from the fake news?)

This two-week delay only means Kavanaugh missed a week of work at the USSC.  What did we get in return?  A unified, motivated, and energized Republican voter base, and a demoralized dem base.

The RINOs are going the way of the dinosaur.  Flake is out.  Corker is out.  Murkowski will be out in 2022.  And so on.

Scott will be a reliable Trump vote in the Senate, and to not support him is a vote for Schumer to be running the Senate.  I can't  believe you guys are still this dense, after seeing the important of one vote in the US Senate.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 6:06:42 PM EDT
[#21]
If the vote total from today didn’t make someone understand the vital need to put Scott in the Senate instead of Nelson, nothing will.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yet, one of those two turds WILL win!  I'm voting for thje lessor of the two turds, Scott.  He ain't perfect, but he is a hell of a lot beter than Nelson.
Think the last week was a S*#@ Show.  Wait till Trump names his 3rd SC Justice nominee!  We will need all the Republicans we can get in the Senate.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If the vote total from today didn't make someone understand the vital need to put Scott in the Senate instead of Nelson, nothing will.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 8:36:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote
Ditto
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yet, one of those two turds WILL win!  I'm voting for thje lessor of the two turds, Scott.  He ain't perfect, but he is a hell of a lot beter than Nelson.
Think the last week was a S*#@ Show.  Wait till Trump names his 3rd SC Justice nominee!  We will need all the Republicans we can get in the Senate.
View Quote
A vote for Scott is also a vote for Lindsey Graham to chair the judiciary committee.

A vote against Scott is a vote for Dianne Feinstein to chair the committee.

I think you are correct about Trump getting a 3rd SC justice next year.  I expect Thomas to retire.

I would not be surprised to see a 4th as well.  Two of the lib justices are over 80, and a third isn't in great health.

I think the most likely scenario is we have a 6-3 conservative majority on the court, with the 4 youngest members all being conservatives, going into the 2020 election.  BUT, for this to happen, we need to gain seats in the Senate.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#26]
I am happy with the SC make up right now. I don’t like either side having so much power that it isn’t concerned about the other side. I was worried that Kavanaugh confirmation might have dragged past the mid terms and unseating Nelson might have been vital to getting a conservative justice on the court. With that out of the way I will hold my nose and vote for Nelson with the hope that someone worthy will surface.

Gillum has an FL hat on while being interviewed by the weather channel. He has ditched Tallahassee and is using the coverage to make him more visible to other voters. That is an election we need to CRUSH!
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 11:57:41 AM EDT
[#27]
If Rs lose a chamber, the committees in that chamber change leadership to D.  People like Adam Schiff and Feinstein heading up things like Judiciary and all the corruption investigation stops.  Same with House, etc.  So there's more to it than just the turd sammich and giant douche.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I am happy with the SC make up right now. I don’t like either side having so much power that it isn’t concerned about the other side. I was worried that Kavanaugh confirmation might have dragged past the mid terms and unseating Nelson might have been vital to getting a conservative justice on the court. With that out of the way I will hold my nose and vote for Nelson with the hope that someone worthy will surface.

Gillum has an FL hat on while being interviewed by the weather channel. He has ditched Tallahassee and is using the coverage to make him more visible to other voters. That is an election we need to CRUSH!
View Quote
Wow! Give us 9 constitutional justices then I'll be happy with the make up of the SCOTUS. Damn what a bunch of soy boys around here.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are you serious?

The court is only 5-4, and could flip in a heartbeat should a dem get elected in 2020.

You are also not considering all of the lower court appointments, which we need a Republican Senate, to confirm.

Nor are you considering control of the Senate legislative agenda and committee chairmanships.

Would you really rather have Dianne Feinstein running the Judiciary committee instead of Lindsey Graham?
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Anyone who leaves that Senate bubble blank or votes for Nelson is a damn traitor to the United States of America.
View Quote
That's cute.

"Vote my way or you're a traitor"."  You sound like a 2-bit tyrant.

Link Posted: 10/10/2018 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That's cute.

View Quote
They sound like democrats.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes they do, specifically the progressive variety.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 8:19:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That's cute.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone who leaves that Senate bubble blank or votes for Nelson is a damn traitor to the United States of America.
That's cute.

lol
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 8:24:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's cute.

lol
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 8:25:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Voting for a Republican just because they're a Republican is the stupidest thing you can do as a voter. Once you've decided to vote the party line you've ceded your decision making power to the party and they can take you for granted, and once they have your 'reliable' vote they can reliably ignore you. The only way for your vote to have any influence on policy is to be willing to cross party lines, or at least not vote for your party's candidate if you don't approve of them.

If you like Scott you should vote for him, but voting for him just because he's a Republican is a bad long-term strategy. I respect America-first for standing by his principles. His vote will mean something.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 11:30:42 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm sort of undecided on this one. I know the implications of not voting for Scott. They are not good. Especially with as far left as the Democratic party has moved and the way they conduct themselves.

I also realize the implications of voting for Scott. They aren't good either. We are rewarding him for caving to the pressure.

I keep thinking how in the past I could have voted for a Democrat and felt ok about it. There was a time when I didn't really look at the party of the person running, I paid attention to what they were running on. With the way things are now, I can't even imagine entertaining that thought. I'm not very hopeful that things will change to a more moderate approach in the future. Each side is pretty much entrenched in the party talking points. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't really feel like the right has moved any farther right. I feel like the left has absolutely doubled down on theirs en masse. In their minds they have moral superiority and it justifies anything they do or say. What happened with Kavanaugh was a prime example of that. Any rational person could see they used Dr. Ford as a political pawn. The problem is the left is simply not rational.

I wish we had some different options. I really don't care for having to vote for the least bad option. I've had to do that for the last 3 elections. Yet if we let the Democrats gain control again, with the demographics here and some other places, we may never get it back again. What scares me is prior to Obama the country was a little divided but not something we all couldn't over come. In just 6-8 years he did fundamentally transform the country. If it gets any farther left than it is now, I don't think we'll ever recover. In fact it may very well be too late.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 3:59:14 PM EDT
[#39]
I ended up holding my nose.  In my mind, punishing Scott for his gun control bullshit would be simultaneously rewarding Nelson for voting "N"o on Kavanaugh.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 11:10:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I ended up holding my nose.  In my mind, punishing Scott for his gun control bullshit would be simultaneously rewarding Nelson for voting "N"o on Kavanaugh.

YMMV.
View Quote
This right here is exactly why RINO's are ruining the GOP.  Long term we lose.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Yup- trade convenience and short term goals for the good of our country. Otherwise known as screw over your children and grandchildren - never been done before.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV.
This right here is exactly why RINO's are ruining the GOP.  Long term we lose.
Yup- trade convenience and short term goals for the good of our country. Otherwise known as screw over your children and grandchildren - never been done before.....
Whatever. I still have my deer rifle and shotgun.  That's all you really need anyway.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 1:46:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Look, Scott sucks and I get the "don't just vote party line" thoughts, I really do.  I'm still pissed at him and don't want to reward him for what he did to gun owners in this state, but the time to get rid of him was in the primary, IMO.  Now that he's the party's choice I have to look at the big picture and not just 1 issue.  We need R butts in seats in the Senate, period.  If we loose the House and Senate the radical dems will try to impeach Trump and Kavanaugh, and if Thomas retires they'll have a majority that doesn't read the 2nd Amendment the way we do.  Florida's gun restrictions post-MSD will be nothing compared to what gets forced down the countries throat.  And Bumpstocks...they'll be the first to go, along with semi-autos, rifles, lead bullets, anything NFA, etc, etc, etc.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 11:31:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Another reason to vote for Scott.  Nelson is not doing his job.  There are two bills that were passed by the House hat have been sittingin the Senate for ~6 months.  They are waiting for Nelson to shepherd them through, but he has done exactly Jack and shit.

Privateizing the part of Santa Rosa Island held in Public Trust  and staying on Daylight savings time.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 10:52:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Wow! Give us 9 constitutional justices then I'll be happy with the make up of the SCOTUS. Damn what a bunch of soy boys around here.
View Quote
If Trump is re-elected in 2020, and the Republicans maintain a Senate majority through 2024, here is the most likely scenario for how the courts will look:

1) A 7-2 originalist majority on the Supreme
2) Roughly 50% of the circuit court judges will be Trump appointees.

This would be a massive game changer.

As an example, earlier this year, the 5th circuit court was only 2 votes short of overturning the ban on buying guns across state lines.

But we need a Republican Senate to confirm those nominees.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Voted today.  Didn't vote for either of those turds and wrote in Deez Nuts. I had voted for Scott during the governor's race both times but after he showed his true colors, fuck him.  I'd rather take my chances with a decrepit Nelson.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Voted today.  Didn't vote for either of those turds and wrote in Deez Nuts. I had voted for Scott during the governor's race both times but after he showed his true colors, fuck him.  I'd rather take my chances with a decrepit Nelson.  
View Quote
Good call. I don’t vote for advocates of gun control.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 2:23:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Well, that's over and done with.

Link Posted: 10/26/2018 3:29:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Bill Nelson appreciates your support.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 3:44:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Bill Nelson appreciates your support.
View Quote
And the Republican Gun Grabbers appreciate yours.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top