Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2018 6:59:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 3:26:58 PM EDT
[#1]
It will definetley screw alot of kids up in their heads.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 3:12:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd rather they spend money on teaching them something useful. Like how to get a job after they leave school.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 5:28:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I always said they were skirts...
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:13:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd rather they spend money on teaching them something useful. Like how to get a job after they leave school.
View Quote
BAM! You nailed it!

Here, stateside, we have a lot of youngsters (and their unwise parents) signing notes/mortgages for uber-debt to get their "Janies and Johnnies" into even low-cost state sponsored colleges and universities. Their kids wind up with meaningless degrees such as "communications," or "political science," or (the worst of the lot) "sociology." Then, with newly minted sheepskin in hand, they attempt to get a job--it's all "NO GO," no jobs to be had with worthless degrees, but the bankers are breathing down their necks for the student loans--pay-Pay-PAY UP!

Very few students go for IT, engineering, or anything practical.

I keep telling parents: 'Your kids don't need to go to college--get them in Trade School." They laugh at me--they want their kids to have the "bling-bling" of letters after their names like B.A.

My kid brother just retired after spending 41 years in the local steel mills. He has consistently made over $100,000 USD each year (he showed me his tax returns.) He never even finished high school! Is the work dirty? yes. Is the workplace loud? Yes. Is the work dangerous? Somewhat (a lot is automation and robots.) The steel mills here in Ohio are ALWAYS hiring!

Most of the young men here first ask employers: "Will I get my hands dirty on the job?"

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top