Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2022 8:56:55 AM EDT
I have lived in South GA > 60 yrs.  Wife and I have a place in Ellijay and love it up there.  I will be retiring in 5-6 years.  All of the kids and grandkids live in Cobb and Cherokee counties.  We had originally planned on retiring to Ellijay.  Close to the young uns but out of the Atlanta traffic.

We love Ellijay but on the weekends, its a tourist town and we don't care for the crowds.

Cartersville / Adairsville area is straight up I-75 and would be even closer than Ellijay, but without the tourists.

How is that area to live?  
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#1]
You selling the place in Ellijay?
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You selling the place in Ellijay?
View Quote

Yes but not immediately.  The current plan is to keep what we've got until I retire and then sell it and the homestead in Lee County to put together to buy a retirement place.

However, if we found something nice around Cartersville that could change real quick.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 3:00:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yes but not immediately.  The current plan is to keep what we've got until I retire and then sell it and the homestead in Lee County to put together to buy a retirement place.

However, if we found something nice around Cartersville that could change real quick.
View Quote

We've got some good friends shopping in Ellijay currently and the pickings are slim.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I just left west Canton, almost Waleska to retired in middle Ga closer to kids/granddaughter. When living in Canton I passed through Adairsville and Cartersville regularly. I think I would prefer Adairsville to Cartersville based on my perceptions of driving through both.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:17:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just left west Canton, almost Waleska to retired in middle Ga closer to kids/granddaughter. When living in Canton I passed through Adairsville and Cartersville regularly. I think I would prefer Adairsville to Cartersville based on my perceptions of driving through both.
View Quote

Id take the 575 corridor over the 75
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:07:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I lived in C'ville for a number of years. Moved over four years ago to Acworth/Dallas area to be closer to work. I didn't mind it besides the daily commute to Marietta but if you're retired you won't have to worry about that.

I like the area between C'ville and Taylorsville, it's not as industrial as the rest of the area. Lots of factories and warehouses the closer you are to 75 or 41. The only thing out 113 is Ga Power's Plant Bowen.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 3:58:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I lived in C'ville for a number of years. Moved over four years ago to Acworth/Dallas area to be closer to work. I didn't mind it besides the daily commute to Marietta but if you're retired you won't have to worry about that.

I like the area between C'ville and Taylorsville, it's not as industrial as the rest of the area. Lots of factories and warehouses the closer you are to 75 or 41. The only thing out 113 is Ga Power's Plant Bowen.
View Quote

I noticed Plant Bowen when we were cruising the area.  Any emission issues?  Smell, soot, etc.

I'd love to have a place on the Etowah.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 8:21:40 PM EDT
[#8]
There’s no good places to shoot in Cartersville. I wish I had bought a house in Adairsville or Ackworth.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 8:49:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I noticed Plant Bowen when we were cruising the area.  Any emission issues?  Smell, soot, etc.

I'd love to have a place on the Etowah.  
View Quote

I didn't live out that way, I lived north of C'ville near the interstate but I did shoot out at Creekside a lot when it was a range and I never noticed anything. I also have family that lives between Kingston and Euharlee fairly close to the plant and they never notice anything. The area out 411 between Rome/Kingston/C'ville has a lot of open area and there isn't anything out there if you're looking for land with peace and quite. The Etowah runs through there as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top