Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2020 5:05:52 PM EDT
I'll be visiting your beautiful state again, early April. I've done the Red Rock Canyon twice and looking for other good rural roads with cool scenery. I'll have a Lambo for the day and night and want to make the best of it.

How is Mt. Charleston / Spring Mountains area?

ETA: Bonus points for best steakhouse (Kobe, dry aged) on the strip..... Jean Georges, Bavette's, SW, Tom Colicchios?
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#2]
If you come out to kingman, you can do the Route 66 loop from bullhead, through Oatman to kingman, out from kingman to seligman or ashfork, and come back on i40 to kingman. That last leg would put you in front of my shop as you go.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 6:35:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Second vote for VOF since it sounds like you want to be close.

Zion will blow your mind, but it's a bit of a drive. Depending on Season, you can't drive into the valley so check first if you are going that route.

Best steak house in town is Bazaar Meat, bring lots of money, but there's a ton of others. SW at Wynn, Carne Vino, etc. You can't through a stick without hitting a 5 star Kobe joint on the stip.

Many will recommend some off strip 'classics', but if you're on Lambo budget, skip them.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 2:14:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Completely forgot about Valley of Fire. Should I take I-15 to Valley of Fire Highway or Hwy 167 from east Vegas?
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Go in one way, out the other.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Completely forgot about Valley of Fire. Should I take I-15 to Valley of Fire Highway or Hwy 167 from east Vegas?
View Quote
In from the 15, then continue towards the lake and along side it all the way to Boulder City.

Rumor has it there are some wide open sections of road where you might be able to ring out that car a little.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

In from the 15, then continue towards the lake and along side it all the way to Boulder City.

Rumor has it there are some wide open sections of road where you might be able to ring out that car a little.
View Quote
Sounds awesome. I've driven this car before, so we have a past.

How are the roads on that route, pretty clean?
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 2:27:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sounds awesome. I've driven this car before, so we have a past.

How are the roads on that route, pretty clean?
View Quote
VoF is usually really torn up and gravely, and I would advise against any type of speeding within the grounds.

Once you get into the Lake Mead park, they are pristine. All got paved fresh a few years back and don't see much traffic.
Lots off great sweepers and twisties that are *ahem* sparsely-populated, and you come into them with a very high vantage point.

One of the few invigorating drives in the area, and certainly a better use of that car than a samba-line through Red Rock- be sure to stop at the Indian store to grab some fireworks and cheap ciggys.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

VoF is usually really torn up and gravely, and I would advise against any type of speeding within the grounds.

Once you get into the Lake Mead park, they are pristine. All got paved fresh a few years back and don't see much traffic.
Lots off great sweepers and twisties that are *ahem* sparsely-populated, and you come into them with a very high vantage point.

One of the few invigorating drives in the area, and certainly a better use of that car than a samba-line through Red Rock- be sure to stop at the Indian store to grab some fireworks and cheap ciggys.
View Quote
So hwy 167 in Lake Mead is what you are referring to?
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 4:53:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So hwy 167 in Lake Mead is what you are referring to?
View Quote
Yes, funner run North to South. Then turn East on Lakeshore road at the very end if you’d like to visit Boulder City and see the Dam/Bridge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top